Racing Caulfield Cup 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Another go at shuffling the deck chairs for rankings post 3rd acceptances

1. ZARDOZI - From no where to #1 seed but that Sydney form looks to be travelling a lot better than the Melbourne form and she was great in the Metrop and wins that every time if she just has an ounce of luck. Meets LL significantly better at the weights too so can't see him beating her home very often.

2. SAYEDATY SEDATY - Just needs to get a run but with not much standing up here his form lines are looking extremely strong. Seeing the likes of City of Troy, Los Angeles, Jan Brueghel, Deira Mile and Bellum Justum in the form guide just looking better and better as the season goes on.

3. DUKE DE SESSA - Purely based on the fact he is 50-1 but was only as couple lengths off Buckaroo and Eliyass in the Turnbull and you know he will appreciate the step up in trip where as they may not. If we get a wet track he goes into all exotics.

4. COCO SUN - Expect she runs well at WFA this weekend behind Mr B and shortens right up down in the weights. Should continue to improve stepping out in trip.

5. ELIYASS - Nice run on the speed in the Turnbull which looks the right sort of form. Never raced behind 2000m has to be some sort of query though.

6. BUCKAROO - Same as above. Racing well but another who is very suspect at the trip as we saw in the Tancred. Don't think being gelded is going to turn him into a mile and a a half horse but we will see.

7. WARMONGER - Bit flat 2nd up and would have liked to have seen him finish a lot stronger in the Turnbull but out to a trip he wants now.

8. LAND LEGEND - Nice win in the Metrop but impossible to back him in a race with Zardozi after that with the 3kg weight swing and Zardozi having no luck in the run. Just a bit too short in the market.

9. WARP SPEED - Has class but will find this too short I think. Should still be closing off strongly though.

10. GEAR UP - #YOLO @ $201/$51. Take the double with the Herbert Power which I think he can win and probably going to be some sort of value even for a very unlikely winner.

Last edited:
Buckaroo likely going to go around favourite but I still have big doubts on him running out 2400m. Even over the 2000m today he had that race shot to bits at the 200m and VS came back underneath him.

Eliyass also a 2000m horse who will be suspect the last furlong.

All the ones with 2400m form shit the bed today though so who the **** knows. Likely just going to be on Sayedaty watch

Eliyass is the one I like but agree suspect at the distance. If he draws will get an energy saving run. Had to be used up from a wide draw in the Turnbull and drops 3.5 in the cup.an

Going over the weekends races and I think Zardozi is going to be my pick of the locals. Run of the race in the Metrop after getting caught 3WNC for the first half and then copping a bump on the bend and will meet Land Legend at least 2kg better off for that run.

Think she will close the gap on the likes of Eliyass over 2400m from when they met in the Kingston Town and meets him 2kg better off for that day anyway. That Sydney form seems to be holding up a lot better than the Melbourne form too.

Eliyass is the one I like but agree suspect at the distance. If he draws will get an energy saving run. Had to be used up from a wide draw in the Turnbull and drops 3.5 in the cup.an
Eliyass projects like it will run 2400m but would much prefer to have actual proof before the biggest race of its career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think ;

Via sis
Fawkner
Buck
COF
Just fine
Que tempesta
Post impres

Plus another couple
Should get in… just

Buckaroo? Would be shocked if it wasn't lining up

It might just get in given there are a lot of runners going around on the weekend and they cant all run well. Wouldn't want a horse like Gear Up winning the Herbert Power though and leap frogging

“At this stage, we are probably leaning towards the Caulfield Cup,” Kheir said.

“He really has just one chance to run in a Caulfield Cup and he can always contest a Cox Plate at weight-for-age next year, so that’s what we are thinking at the moment.

“It took a peak performance in Australia from Via Sistina there on Saturday to beat him, so that is very good form. He’s got 54.5 kilograms and looks well-suited there in the Caulfield Cup.”

Another go at shuffling the deck chairs for rankings post 3rd acceptances

1. ZARDOZI - From no where to #1 seed but that Sydney form looks to be travelling a lot better than the Melbourne form and she was great in the Metrop and wins that every time if she just has an ounce of luck. Meets LL significantly better at the weights too so can't see him beating her home very often.

2. SAYEDATY SEDATY - Just needs to get a run but with not much standing up here his form lines are looking extremely strong. Seeing the likes of City of Troy, Los Angeles, Jan Brueghel, Deira Mile and Bellum Justum in the form guide just looking better and better as the season goes on.

3. DUKE DE SESSA - Purely based on the fact he is 50-1 but was only as couple lengths off Buckaroo and Eliyass in the Turnbull and you know he will appreciate the step up in trip where as they may not. If we get a wet track he goes into all exotics.

4. COCO SUN - Expect she runs well at WFA this weekend behind Mr B and shortens right up down in the weights. Should continue to improve stepping out in trip.

5. ELIYASS - Nice run on the speed in the Turnbull which looks the right sort of form. Never raced behind 2000m has to be some sort of query though.

6. BUCKAROO - Same as above. Racing well but another who is very suspect at the trip as we saw in the Tancred. Don't think being gelded is going to turn him into a mile and a a half horse but we will see.

7. WARMONGER - Bit flat 2nd up and would have liked to have seen him finish a lot stronger in the Turnbull but out to a trip he wants now.

8. LAND LEGEND - Nice win in the Metrop but impossible to back him in a race with Zardozi after that with the 3kg weight swing and Zardozi having no luck in the run. Just a bit too short in the market.

9. WARP SPEED - Has class but will find this too short I think. Should still be closing off strongly though.

10. GEAR UP - #YOLO @ $201/$51. Take the double with the Herbert Power which I think he can win and probably going to be some sort of value even for a very unlikely winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Caulfield Cup 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back