• 20e. Berkshire Breeze (15)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21e. Francesco Guardi (11)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything staring out for value ?

Hard to say because if Appleby sends anything it will be the 2-1 favourite so have to factor that unknown in

Play is probably to just sit and wait to see if he commits with anything and then just get on that. Silver Knott is the one Id most like to see in the race

Lovely return from Warmonger. Felt like the single figures on offer for the CC had been unders but has now justified being one of the faves

I had Riff Rocket on top
Probably say at this point Fawkner Park

Place Du Carrousel probably my top seed at the moment unseen coming out of the Sydney WFA races.

Saint George, Adelaide River, Sayedaty, Royal Supremecy and Que Tempesta probably all interest me more at decent odds at the moment. Top end of the market pretty short

Saint George much like Durston. Not really 50kg because if he is to get into the field he will be getting a penalty somewhere and carry more

Fawkner Park the one I think has been completely exposed by the handicapper. His level for me is not a 55kg horse.

Sayedaty Sedaty in well if he can sneak into the race
Adelaide River nicely weighted if he could get back to his best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another go at shuffling the deck chairs for rankings post 3rd acceptances

1. ZARDOZI - From no where to #1 seed but that Sydney form looks to be travelling a lot better than the Melbourne form and she was great in the Metrop and wins that every time if she just has an ounce of luck. Meets LL significantly better at the weights too so can't see him beating her home very often.

2. SAYEDATY SEDATY - Just needs to get a run but with not much standing up here his form lines are looking extremely strong. Seeing the likes of City of Troy, Los Angeles, Jan Brueghel, Deira Mile and Bellum Justum in the form guide just looking better and better as the season goes on.

3. DUKE DE SESSA - Purely based on the fact he is 50-1 but was only as couple lengths off Buckaroo and Eliyass in the Turnbull and you know he will appreciate the step up in trip where as they may not. If we get a wet track he goes into all exotics.

4. COCO SUN - Expect she runs well at WFA this weekend behind Mr B and shortens right up down in the weights. Should continue to improve stepping out in trip.

5. ELIYASS - Nice run on the speed in the Turnbull which looks the right sort of form. Never raced behind 2000m has to be some sort of query though.

6. BUCKAROO - Same as above. Racing well but another who is very suspect at the trip as we saw in the Tancred. Don't think being gelded is going to turn him into a mile and a a half horse but we will see.

7. WARMONGER - Bit flat 2nd up and would have liked to have seen him finish a lot stronger in the Turnbull but out to a trip he wants now.

8. LAND LEGEND - Nice win in the Metrop but impossible to back him in a race with Zardozi after that with the 3kg weight swing and Zardozi having no luck in the run. Just a bit too short in the market.

9. WARP SPEED - Has class but will find this too short I think. Should still be closing off strongly though.

10. GEAR UP - #YOLO @ $201/$51. Take the double with the Herbert Power which I think he can win and probably going to be some sort of value even for a very unlikely winner.

Last edited:
Meh not really. Went down a long neck second up on a track that played like shit. He might struggle to make the field now so Flemington might be more his go but still think he is going fine.

Some average runs by a few yesterday but not sure how much stock to put into any of them races on that track

Ceolwulf and Eliyass both impressive and would have to be decent chances if they run.

Caulfield seemed to have a bit of a travelator out wider so it might pay to forgive those caught inside.

Que Tempesta a bit disappointing although beaten only 2.9 lengths with 59kgs. Laid in under pressure. Not a good sign when Fancy Man passes you, and Le Don De Vie was fast closing. Looks a big clumsy thing, doesn’t appear suited at Caulfield.

Saint George still not passed the ballot clause and looking to be at grave risk of not making the field.

Place Du Carrousel very plain, hard to see it being a factor off a run like that unless the track is soft. Lacks a turn of foot.

Fawkner Park was caught in the quicksand on the inside but still a bit plain.

Adelaide River regressed. Just not looking the horse he was in Europe.

Buckaroo was impressive but presumably they’ll look at the Cox Plate in preference.

It really is a plain field
If it gets a start Sayedaty Sadaty could be an absolute gift at $26

It’s last start 1 length off Jan Brueghel is elite world class middle distance form

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Caulfield Cup Day 2024

Back