Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way you can't tell me what i can and caN'T DO so i will post where i like to :thumbsdown:

All i can say is lucky for you the BFUA is short on umpires..........
Perhaps at your next little meeting you could suggest that every club associated with the BFUA should be made to put 'permanet flag Holders joint to the goal posts' YOU IDIOT!!! Your a goal umpire!!! You can only make 4 Decisions 1.GOAL 2.POINT 3.OUT OF BOUNDS 4.OUT OF BOUNDS ON THE FULL(and you still mess it up). No offence mate but WATERBOYS have a harder job. Its great you love your football and that your right into umpiring but mate in the grand scheme of things you goal umpires are F all.

For the sake of every club in the CHFL, BFL and LPFL i hope Andyt31 doesnt umpire your juniors Grand final, because he ripped off 22 kids 2 years ago.

No-one ever remembers the runners up............

no way you can't tell me what i can and caN'T DO so i will post where i like to :thumbsdown:

So Pest, it doesn't seem I am the only one who thinks your a complete utter fool, reading some of your posts on other threads, do you ever make sense on things you have to say?

Do us all a favour, do not post again. at least not until you have umpired/seen a game in the central highlands. From reports you probably wont make it out to our level as you will be stuck doing the under 14.5 reserve grades in Lexton Plains.

I agree there is a big difference between the league's . It will still be a great match up. This year we only played Waubra once, Sam actually got concussed accidently before the opening bounce, played the 1st quarter, then didn't take any part in the remainder of the match.Brown did get off to a good start that day, Sam even short passed kicking out from full back and hit Brown on the chest who was standing on the mark. He was immediatly taken from the field. Matt Dillon played on Brown thereafter and kept him goaless for the remainder of the match. Sam was overseas in 07, and thats where Brown took full advantage bagging a heap in round 1. Big Shep got him the next game and kept him to 2 goals. Shep had him again in the Semi Final, then tore his hammy in the 2nd quarter. Brown kicked a few in the second half of that game. Waubra were the power team in 06, and Sam won the honours in their battles, even the GF where we were thrashed by 80 odd points , Brown only managed to kick his 2nd goal for the day in the dying minutes of that match. NOW THEY ARE THE FACTS.
As for Salesi, the James boys and Andy McKay, we only have to wait until 1st of Feb, clearances open then, so i guess you will know what is a rumour and what isn't.
Toby and his father met with the club before the season, and both wanted to stay at Hepburn. ( well thats what they told us ) there was absoutly no intimidation. The coach there at the time Phil Davis was trying to recruit him, and he trained a couple of times with them. Phil tried to get him out at Newlyn this year, but he has decided to play with Daylesford. So now he has that chance to make that difference Ferrit is talking about.

Nice one Timmy- good research!!!! If you don't know the facts then don't bother commmenting.... just ask Browny and he would probably tell you himself that big Sammy goes alright!!!

Should be an interesting year of football in the CHFL. My prediction for the new top six is:
Hepburn: They have the forwards that can kick a winning score in the big games.
Bunninyong: A few recruits added to an already handy team of 08. They have a definate advantage being so close to ballarat and the uni.
Learmonth: Talent and excellent numbers, but something still missing to push the likes of Hepburn and Bunninyong in 09.
Beaufort: A handful of new recruits added onto some real talent.
Daylesford: A loyal punch of talented locals. Although some are past their best football.
Bungaree: Lots of ok recriuts, but no real stars..

Sorry Waubra, but you can't rely on just talent for too long!!!

Should be an interesting year of football in the CHFL. My prediction for the new top six is:
Bunninyong: A few recruits added to an already handy team of 08. They have a definate advantage being so close to ballarat and the uni.
Learmonth: Talent and excellent numbers, but something still missing to push the likes of Hepburn and Bunninyong in 09.
Daylesford: A loyal punch of talented locals. Although some are past their best football.

worst prediction ive ever seen

Most ridiculous prediction i have ever seen. No you cant rely on Talent - Your the one saying it you knob.

Having a few close mates at Beaufort they know they are not a top 4 side at this stage. Yes they will have a couple new recruits, but they are still developing youngsters and have a little bit to go before they become a top 4 side.

I also have a couple of mates at Waubra. And i can tell you that not only will they have talent but they will have along with Hepburn and Daylesford one of the hardest working teams in the CHFL. Im sure Hepburn and Daylesford would vouch for this. I also hear they are very close to announcing a couple of guns in the recruiting department. They hold their cards very close to their chest out Waubra way.

Most ridiculous prediction i have ever seen. No you cant rely on Talent - Your the one saying it you knob.

Having a few close mates at Beaufort they know they are not a top 4 side at this stage. Yes they will have a couple new recruits, but they are still developing youngsters and have a little bit to go before they become a top 4 side.

I also have a couple of mates at Waubra. And i can tell you that not only will they have talent but they will have along with Hepburn and Daylesford one of the hardest working teams in the CHFL. Im sure Hepburn and Daylesford would vouch for this. I also hear they are very close to announcing a couple of guns in the recruiting department. They hold their cards very close to their chest out Waubra way.

Harry - seeing as your close to a few Beaufort boys I noticed in the paper b4 christmas Clinton Wright is comming back. Is he back for the season or just a handful of games and has he been seen on the training track? A gun player who could have done anything but always sick or injured. Can you cut it in the CHFL if you've been out of the game for that many years, any thoughts out there?

Why doesn't Waubra ask Skontra to return to coach full time? he had those boys singing 2 years back. Lets face it Skonch I'm a fan of the way you run your team and a very respected coach. But your waisted running around the forward line waiting to get belted. Your skills are waisted and If I were Waubra I'd be begging him back to take up the rains again.

Waubra will be strong, but Sconch gives them the edge.

Who are the recruits for Waubra? training starts in a week or 2. Maybe not for Fridge, he doesn't start till September. Give us some names is a bit late for poaching...

Harry - seeing as your close to a few Beaufort boys I noticed in the paper b4 christmas Clinton Wright is comming back. Is he back for the season or just a handful of games and has he been seen on the training track? A gun player who could have done anything but always sick or injured. Can you cut it in the CHFL if you've been out of the game for that many years, any thoughts out there?

Played junior footy with Clinton and was easily teh best junior I have seen. Vic Country rep, Vic country captain + All Australian + played a few reserves game for an AFL club as a top up player. BAck injury stopped him getting drafted, but am unsure if he has played much footy since then? Would have to be living in Melbourne as im pretty sure he is still employed with teh Fedral police, and I dont see a need for someone like that working in Beaufort. Ild be suggesting, he will play when he is available, depending on Work. Great recruit if he is on the track every game.

Skonna is busy with th rebels which prevents him from coaching Waubra, which is a step in the right direction for his coaching!! Plays at Waubra when committments allow....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG are you serious? Your talking about flag holders. Please do not speak until you have seen at least one game of local football.

Anyone from Beaufort confirm the departure of Ewart?

Not from Beaufort but I can confirm that Ewart will play at Beaufort. He is moving back home at the end of July but will travel back to play at the crows. Big loss when he does leave.

Yes that's correct. A few of the boys were talking about him, but to my knowledge hasn't been cited on the track. I couldn't give you the details on how many games he's going to play or what. I'm sure a player of this caliber would be able to cut it in this league (depending on injuries of course).

You've probably never had a mad root and never performed a 69er ether so that's why you don't get it. Best name ever, but its just a name.

Do you no anything about football and the CHFL? Big shot

He obviously doesn't to call Bunningyong to come 2nd.
Mate they were soo far off it this year did you listen to Gilberts talks during the final with Waubra the guy has no idea, great on-baller tough as nails every club would love to have a Joe Gilbert but he just cant coach.
If they want an in house coach i think A.T would be better suited.

Even Cousins,Franklin,Hodge and Judd couldnt make them come 2nd, WHY??
Because Joe Gilbert couldnt coach an under 18's side to beat a under 7's team.

As for Hardshells comment on Ewart your spot on he's the best defender in the league if i were beaufort i would be doing EVERYTHING possible to keep him, if Jacob leaves they have a massive spot to fill.

Why doesn't Waubra ask Skontra to return to coach full time? he had those boys singing 2 years back. Lets face it Skonch I'm a fan of the way you run your team and a very respected coach. But your waisted running around the forward line waiting to get belted. Your skills are waisted and If I were Waubra I'd be begging him back to take up the rains again.

Waubra will be strong, but Sconch gives them the edge.

Who are the recruits for Waubra? training starts in a week or 2. Maybe not for Fridge, he doesn't start till September. Give us some names is a bit late for poaching...

Not sure what the go is with Skontra. And to tell you the truth i dont really understand what you are saying here.

Anywho, like i said earlier Waubra keep their cards close to their chest so i don't know the names of the recruits. But heard they are guns. I believe training starts back on Wednesday. Would be the same for most clubs i would think. Not sure about Fridge though, he's probably still trying to improve he's shit house Golf swing!

Not sure what the go is with Skontra. And to tell you the truth i dont really understand what you are saying here.

Anywho, like i said earlier Waubra keep their cards close to their chest so i don't know the names of the recruits. But heard they are guns. I believe training starts back on Wednesday. Would be the same for most clubs i would think. Not sure about Fridge though, he's probably still trying to improve he's shit house Golf swing!

Trying to say when I played Waubra, I myself hoped they would kick it to Skontra or he would get the ball. I saw him as weak link, I would give them that option to kick to if it wasn't a scoring opportunity or low percentage play. Gives you time to Zone and get in front of the key players. Just saying he would be much more valuable in the box even as an assistant.

Best of luck Skontra I think your footy smart.

whats the draw for 2009?

It would be out by now but Hepburn are trying to steel Daylesfords home game off them mid season. I don't think they will get it through because it will leave Daylesford with 6 home games and 9 away games. so I don't think it will happen. So thank Eddie Comalie for the hold up. greedy...

It would be out by now but Hepburn are trying to steel Daylesfords home game off them mid season. I don't think they will get it through because it will leave Daylesford with 6 home games and 9 away games. so I don't think it will happen. So thank Eddie Comalie for the hold up. greedy...

Why would he be trying to take Dford's home game. Wont happen if it leaves them with only 6 home games? And it works out evenly over a 3 year period from what I understand. Well at least it should! ANd ild be guessing, but i think they have played 5 H & Away games with hepburn haveing the advantage 3-2. Could be wrong on that, but at worst its 2-2

But I guess if you look at it, we have only played Hepburn once at home and 3 times away in the past 3 years.... Hows that work?

learmonth;13514612[B said:
]Why would he be trying to take Dford's home game.[/b] Wont happen if it leaves them with only 6 home games? And it works out evenly over a 3 year period from what I understand. Well at least it should! ANd ild be guessing, but i think they have played 5 H & Away games with hepburn haveing the advantage 3-2. Could be wrong on that, but at worst its 2-2

But I guess if you look at it, we have only played Hepburn once at home and 3 times away in the past 3 years.... Hows that work?

well as its the grand final rematch it is most likely going to be a match that is highly anticipated with generally a good crowd which means more $$$$

as the winners of the GF last year i would presume that this is their want as it would help to provide for their massive salaries!!

Any sign of the draw yet??

Can everyone stop asking if the draw is out. Its a continuation of last years draw starting from Round 5. SO who ever you played in round 5-8 last year is who you play twice. That means Learmonth play Gordon, Ballan, Newlyn and Dford twice. If you cant remeber go to the CHFL website, look up 2008 draw and you will be able to work it out!!

Can everyone stop asking if the draw is out. Its a continuation of last years draw starting from Round 5. SO who ever you played in round 5-8 last year is who you play twice. That means Learmonth play Gordon, Ballan, Newlyn and Dford twice. If you cant remeber go to the CHFL website, look up 2008 draw and you will be able to work it out!!
Isn't it just a rolling draw as it has always been? That is it starts again from where it left off last year and follows the same pattern or has it changed to an AFL draw where it is randomly put together on an annual basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back