Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a whisper that Boga's new coach announced that he isn't keen on a pre-season and is leaving the strength and conditioning up to the individuals themselves. Im guessing he will just get straight into the ball work when he decides to commence training, rather late. Anyone else find this interesting like Ron does?

Rather strange in this day and age Ron.

Heard a whisper that Boga's new coach announced that he isn't keen on a pre-season and is leaving the strength and conditioning up to the individuals themselves. Im guessing he will just get straight into the ball work when he decides to commence training, rather late. Anyone else find this interesting like Ron does?

Have seen evidence that Boga's new coach has a great concept of pre-season training so I'm going to have to say you are way off the mark Ron.

Have seen evidence that Boga's new coach has a great concept of pre-season training so I'm going to have to say you are way off the mark Ron.

Mate of mine bought in a bit of literature to work this morning from Cohuna Kangas Meet the Coach day on Sunday. Said confirmed recruits were James Scambler, Brendan Jay, Luke Dunham (all from Moama). Drew Bartram, Joel Bartram and Sam Dehne (All who have played in the past). Things are looking up for the Kangas??? I think Gavin James from Pyramid is good mates with Joel Bartram and he may be on the move also????

I dont think any coach in this day and age would let their team run a pre season on their own. Seems very hard to believe.

Mate of mine bought in a bit of literature to work this morning from Cohuna Kangas Meet the Coach day on Sunday. Said confirmed recruits were James Scambler, Brendan Jay, Luke Dunham (all from Moama). Drew Bartram, Joel Bartram and Sam Dehne (All who have played in the past). Things are looking up for the Kangas??? I think Gavin James from Pyramid is good mates with Joel Bartram and he may be on the move also????

Jimmy Wonder, is that the same Sam Dehne that shopped himself around bendigo 3 years ago to a fairly honest response of 'you're a seconds footballer'. From all reports Scambler and Joel Bartram can play, the rest are nothing to write home about, thats unless the CMFL standard has dropped considerably since the interleague days...

Would I be correct in hearing that Troy Coates back to Kerang is a done deal?
I know he wants to move back to kerang so chances are he will be at the blues in 2012. After their disapointing GF, look out for them this year.

My top 5.

Kerang, KB, Lalbert, Swan Hill, Tyntynder

Jimmy Wonder, is that the same Sam Dehne that shopped himself around bendigo 3 years ago to a fairly honest response of 'you're a seconds footballer'. From all reports Scambler and Joel Bartram can play, the rest are nothing to write home about, thats unless the CMFL standard has dropped considerably since the interleague days...

you forgot to add Tyson Bock and Chris Anderson

I know he wants to move back to kerang so chances are he will be at the blues in 2012. After their disapointing GF, look out for them this year.

My top 5.

Kerang, KB, Lalbert, Swan Hill, Tyntynder

Coatsy has signed with Kerang, but not quite sure with Matho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi lads, can anyone tell me if a bloke called Tony Keane still plays in the Central Murray, played on him once, I would have thought he would have been one of the absoulte guns to play in that comp..

Hi lads, can anyone tell me if a bloke called Tony Keane still plays in the Central Murray, played on him once, I would have thought he would have been one of the absoulte guns to play in that comp..

Tony hasn't played up here for several years. His career in the Police force took off and he moved to take up those opportunities. He was very very hard to stop in the unstoppable Tyntynder side back then. Nice fella too. He Jarrod Arentz and Brad Carroll were 3 of he best players I have ever played on anywhere

apparently cohuna throwing some huge money around in the 100,000s to a golden square gun and an ex local playing in echuca, but to no joy. what is country footy coming to when that type of money is getting thrown around.

apparently cohuna throwing some huge money around in the 100,000s to a golden square gun and an ex local playing in echuca, but to no joy. what is country footy coming to when that type of money is getting thrown around.

Yep you are on the money, multiple square boys been hunted by cohuna for kanga that is hard to comprehend. ALL knocked it back and vast majority staying at Wade Street for a fraction of what been offered. Money offered simpy ridiculous

Yep you are on the money, multiple square boys been hunted by cohuna for kanga that is hard to comprehend. ALL knocked it back and vast majority staying at Wade Street for a fraction of what been offered. Money offered simpy ridiculous

If you are gunna go recruiting you may as well try and pick off the best team in country footy

Thats country footy for you! woorineen were rumoured to be offering six figures for a dominant cmfl ruckman to coach them for a couple of years malle eagles have in the past offered near that mark for a coach so its probably not all that uncommon.. those offers were for more than one year though. i don't think the kangas could continue to operate if they were to pay someone $100,000 for one season. especially as i would imagine the recruits they do have aren't playing for free.. must be a whopping budget!

as a member of the Kangas, there was only 1 golden square player spoken with and that was in relation him applying for the coaches position. he advised that if succesful he would be able to bring some players with him. he then advised the club that the golden sqaure boys had got together and decided that they wanted to go for 4 in a row, so he pulled out if the process.

I'm guessing the ppl who are questioning the cash are from teams that are fortunate enough to have had successful teams on field. Roota can back me up here, recruiting to a club that has had limited senior success is difficult. As much as we all love our clubs, there comes a point when clubs are sick of not spending coin n being no good in the senior grade. Good luck to the kangas, said the same thing 2 yrs ago when nyah started having a go. It's a viscious cycle at the bottom. If spending money that a club works hard for can turn their fortunes- good luck to them. We have to spend that money to try n climb the ladder. Easy to sit back n take shots at a club having a crack- the same ppl will pick on that club if they were sh*t.

I'm guessing the ppl who are questioning the cash are from teams that are fortunate enough to have had successful teams on field. Roota can back me up here, recruiting to a club that has had limited senior success is difficult. As much as we all love our clubs, there comes a point when clubs are sick of not spending coin n being no good in the senior grade. Good luck to the kangas, said the same thing 2 yrs ago when nyah started having a go. It's a viscious cycle at the bottom. If spending money that a club works hard for can turn their fortunes- good luck to them. We have to spend that money to try n climb the ladder. Easy to sit back n take shots at a club having a crack- the same ppl will pick on that club if they were sh*t.

Spot on mate. There is no magic cure it is either work the backsides off to make the cash so that it can be spent to climb the ladder. Yes there are many instances where clubs have tried it and it hasn't worked due to targetting questionable characters but you cannot knock a club for getting out there and having a go at challenging.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. You just hope all the Kangas locals get on board and support the committee and coach, as they have been pretty vocal toward the football department recruiting hard. :thumbsu:

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. You just hope all the Kangas locals get on board and support the committee and coach, as they have been pretty vocal toward the football department recruiting hard. :thumbsu:

these are usually the people that do nothing at the club & probably arnt worth worrying about!!!! Maybe they should put their hand up to do a job and see how hard it is!!!! Goodluck to the Kangas in 2012 :)

sometimes these teams down the bottom recruits duds for too much money rather than looking after their locals, so then there locals go to other clubs or minor leagues. its the worst job in country footy is recruiting and admittingly probably harder for bottom sides but i remember when cohuna werent down the bottom they had alot of good locals playing as did lalbert a few years ago, well maybe more than a few. at the end of the day every club wants success but at what cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back