Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

News team assemble!

What are the tips this round lads? Will be a few close games by the looks of things with a lot to play for some teams. Rons tips are as follows:

Cohuna V Boga
Balranald V Koondrook
Mallee Eagles V Nyah
Tooleybuc V Kerang
Woorinen V Tyntynder

You stay classy bigfooty.

Agree with all except I'll take Boga over Cohuna. With the exception of woorinen/tyntynder this should a closely contested round. Looking forward to checking the results..

Any word on whether Mallee Eagles has a full list to pick from yet? And will Lance Oswold play?

Agree with all except I'll take Boga over Cohuna. With the exception of woorinen/tyntynder this should a closely contested round. Looking forward to checking the results..

Any word on whether Mallee Eagles has a full list to pick from yet? And will Lance Oswold play?

Our game with Nyah should be a cracker. A nice little rivalry has developd over the last couple fo years

Can anyone give me a rundown on Balranalds season. Seem to have some high quality players stiil there but the results have not come this season after nearly 10 years at the top. Very rarely mentioned on here, just thought somebody may have some thoughts on it???:thumbsu:

Can anyone give me a rundown on Balranalds season. Seem to have some high quality players stiil there but the results have not come this season after nearly 10 years at the top. Very rarely mentioned on here, just thought somebody may have some thoughts on it???:thumbsu:

Ron gathers that Balranald lost a big handful of their premiership players at the start of the season. A fair few went to the Sunrasia league i believe. They still have their trio in Wilkinson, Kuret and Nick Trenfield who get in the best from week to week doing the hard yards.
They recruited a couple of players from Pascoe Vale in David James (who won the EDFL league medal 2 years ago) and Eugene Benson but both have not performed up to expectations this year.
They have been a dominant side for the better part of the decade, but as Ron always says, what goes up must come down.

You stay classy.

Any news at Cohuna? Can see they have lost a lot of players from last year and results are showing.

Any positives for the second half of the year or next year?

Any news at Cohuna? Can see they have lost a lot of players from last year and results are showing.

Any positives for the second half of the year or next year?

The biggest positive for the kanga's is the season is almost over and the footy trip is just around the corner.

they do have some handy players in collins and a couple of there on ballers are handy but they play a style of game where they seem to try to save the game from the first bounce rather than having a crack at winning it which in my humble opinion delays the progress of younger players blossoming into genuine good senior players, i think they need to attack and take more chances rather flood numbers back and chip the footy around until they eventually have to either bomb it to a fifty fifty or just turn the ball over through skill errors.

Heard a rumour that one sean filo had a kick on the weekend can anyone either confirm or deny this?

no real surprises this week with all the favourites getting up. i thought tooleybuc would have done it a bit easier against kerang. and maybe nyah would have been a bit more competitive. all in all a good finals series looms with some sides matching up better on others, i think final position on the ladder might dictate who plays off in the big game and not necesarily the best two teams during the year? time will tell.

anyone else have any veiws on last weeks results or this weeks clashes?

The biggest positive for the kanga's is the season is almost over and the footy trip is just around the corner.

they do have some handy players in collins and a couple of there on ballers are handy but they play a style of game where they seem to try to save the game from the first bounce rather than having a crack at winning it which in my humble opinion delays the progress of younger players blossoming into genuine good senior players, i think they need to attack and take more chances rather flood numbers back and chip the footy around until they eventually have to either bomb it to a fifty fifty or just turn the ball over through skill errors.

Heard a rumour that one sean filo had a kick on the weekend can anyone either confirm or deny this?

no real surprises this week with all the favourites getting up. i thought tooleybuc would have done it a bit easier against kerang. and maybe nyah would have been a bit more competitive. all in all a good finals series looms with some sides matching up better on others, i think final position on the ladder might dictate who plays off in the big game and not necesarily the best two teams during the year? time will tell.

anyone else have any veiws on last weeks results or this weeks clashes?

Collins is a very good player for Cohuna. It is a pity that he won't be back next year so they have to find a good one to replace him

Injuries and illness to the big bloke will have a serious impact on Tooleybuc so a win against Kerang is a good effory

Great Odens ravens, its getting to that time of year lads. How will he top 5 pan out? Can Wardy's eagles sneak in or will koondrook and the swans hold out? Also, what are our Jack Betts medallist predictions:

Rons Top 5:
- Saints
- Kerang
- Tyntynder
- Swan Hill
- Koondrook

Rons Jack Betts Medallist:

Kris Bardon (Kerang)

You stay classy.

Great Odens ravens, its getting to that time of year lads. How will he top 5 pan out? Can Wardy's eagles sneak in or will koondrook and the swans hold out? Also, what are our Jack Betts medallist predictions:

Rons Top 5:
- Saints
- Kerang
- Tyntynder
- Swan Hill
- Koondrook

Rons Jack Betts Medallist:

Kris Bardon (Kerang)

You stay classy.

The one point loss to Cohuna 5 weeks ago looks like it is going to prove very costly four our boys but with the form they have shown over thepast 4 weeks who knows.

I agree with your top 5 Ron and reckon Bardon would be a raging favourite to take home the Medal. My roughie is is Rick "Memphis" Thompson from out my way

The one point loss to Cohuna 5 weeks ago looks like it is going to prove very costly four our boys but with the form they have shown over thepast 4 weeks who knows.

I agree with your top 5 Ron and reckon Bardon would be a raging favourite to take home the Medal. My roughie is is Rick "Memphis" Thompson from out my way

Interesting Roota, Ron wishes you and your boys good luck for a hopeful finals birth. I heard along the grapevine you have quite a nice little secret society out your way, something along the lines of 'Texas' seems to be quite the mythical figure.

You stay classy.

Interesting Roota, Ron wishes you and your boys good luck for a hopeful finals birth. I heard along the grapevine you have quite a nice little secret society out your way, something along the lines of 'Texas' seems to be quite the mythical figure.

You stay classy.

Can't be too secret if you have heard of it Ron....Texas is a foundation member and has been instrumental in the setting up of this group. Starting to play some good footy too which is great for the society...oh and the footy club as well:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard on CMFL show saturday morning about Cohuna approaching VCFL to look at moving to another league , has anyone got any ideas as to which way they might head if they do leave? Also do they have good numbers,and how strong are their ressis and thirds. Thanks

Heard on CMFL show saturday morning about Cohuna approaching VCFL to look at moving to another league , has anyone got any ideas as to which way they might head if they do leave? Also do they have good numbers,and how strong are their ressis and thirds. Thanks

I heard that as well and I thought it was a bit strange. Sure they have struggled a bit this year but their past couple of seasons haven't been too bad. a lot of other clubs have done it tougher for longer than the Kangas

Have herd that they are looking at the murray league from some shopowners in Cohuna who has been involved in the past dont know if that would work tho a lot of travel involved there

A very interesting reault with the Dogs v Saints game. Goes to show that this finals series will be very keenly contested. Great signs for the league.

Son of a bee-sting! Dogs and Saints, wowee. Shaping up for a very thrilling finals series with any of the 5 being a good chance to take the cake, the premiership cake that is!
Anything can happen in september, will it be Filo's boys that run a riot? Or will Hughie's Swans step up to the plate and have another crack at the title? Then theres the dogs, the saints and the blueeeeee's.
Im nervous thinking about it, think ill go have a nice scotch.

You stay classy.

Son of a bee-sting! Dogs and Saints, wowee. Shaping up for a very thrilling finals series with any of the 5 being a good chance to take the cake, the premiership cake that is!
Anything can happen in september, will it be Filo's boys that run a riot? Or will Hughie's Swans step up to the plate and have another crack at the title? Then theres the dogs, the saints and the blueeeeee's.
Im nervous thinking about it, think ill go have a nice scotch.

You stay classy.
It is shaping up to be very interesting. I honestly cant pick a winner and any of those 5 sides could win. My pick is Kerang to beat Tyntynder in the grand final

I notice Ryan O'Sullivans name amongst the goal kickers for Tooleytang on the weekend. Good to see him back playing and hopefully everything is going well for him
That is great news!! Heard The Tigers played very well too....they must win this week or the year can be written off as a total FAIL!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back