Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely there has to be some juggling with the points and $$$ with some of these guys arriving from major leagues.

CMFL best 22 2024 - very early predictions, could make 10 different teams a lot of quality throughout.

FB: H.Thomson (woo) B.Booth (woo) N.Hamence (kb)

HB: N. Mckeon (SH) Jax Neagle (bal) J. Walsh (nnwu)

C: M.Neagle (bal) J.Geary (coh) S.Hunter (ker)

HF: R.Gillingham (ker) D.Hourigan (me) J.Neagle (bal)

FF: J.Milado (sh) B.Grenfell (nnwu) J.Magro (tyn)

FOLL: A.Kirby (woo) J.Nitske (ker) J.Toumpas(sh)

INT: J.Barry (woo) J.William(tm) M.Wattie (tyn) J.Helman (coh)

CMFL best 22 2024 - very early predictions, could make 10 different teams a lot of quality throughout.

Love it…would love to see how it plays out over the season

I would try and find a spot for Jayden Post across half back and Adam Baird on the ball

Love it…would love to see how it plays out over the season

I would try and find a spot for Jayden Post across half back and Adam Baird on the ball
Saw post play for Altona a few years ago now, if hes anything close to what he was then, he’ll be one of the best in the league. That was a fair few years ago now so only time will tell. Baird absolutely still one of the best local players getting around.

Bloody good effort. Stokes is one that I’d have as a walk up start.

Points only constant youve got now, salary cap non existent in this part of the world now thanks to several teams in the NCFL
Not sure the NCFL clubs are the only ones stretching their salary cap.
Didn’t Boga get caught? Dimboola, Torquay, Wang…. A few pockets of the state there.
And they are only the ones that got caught.
The salary cap has done the opposite to what it set out to do. It openly told everyone “how much football clubs are spending”. And over time it has driven player payments higher.
If they can raise it, let ‘em spend it.
If a club goes bust chasing a flag that’s on them.

If everyone played like they have in the past and the league has an even 6-7 sides I wouldn't even want to be involved in picking a top 22. Throw in Semmel and Contin at Cohuna, the bigfella at Kerang if fit, with Baird, Harry Allen at Lalbert, Jason Eagle etc plus boga have a couple that if in a building side they'll stand out.

Not sure the NCFL clubs are the only ones stretching their salary cap.
Didn’t Boga get caught? Dimboola, Torquay, Wang…. A few pockets of the state there.
And they are only the ones that got caught.
The salary cap has done the opposite to what it set out to do. It openly told everyone “how much football clubs are spending”. And over time it has driven player payments higher.
If they can raise it, let ‘em spend it.
If a club goes bust chasing a flag that’s on them.
It would be great if you could police it but you can’t and it’s not worth having a system you can’t police. With points atleast you can keep it above board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be great if you could police it but you can’t and it’s not worth having a system you can’t police. With points atleast you can keep it above board

Country footy salary caps for 2024​

LEAGUE2024 CAP2023 CAP
Bellarine Football Netball League$80,000$80,000
Colac District Football Netball League$60,000$60,000
Geelong Football Netball League$100,000$100,000
Geelong and District Football League$70,000$70,000
Central Murray Football Netball League$105,000-135,000$105,000-$135,000
Golden Rivers Football League$ 95,000-115,000$95,000-$115,000
Bendigo Football League$125,000$125,000
Heathcote District Football League$106,600$106,600
Loddon Valley Football League$106,600$106,600
North Central Football League$106,600$106,600
East Gippsland Football Netball League$64,000$65,000
Ellinbank & District Football League$72,000$65,000
Gippsland Football League$125,000$120,000
Mid Gippsland Football League$64,000$65,000
North Gippsland Football Netball League$64,000$65,000
Omeo District Football League$30,000$30,000
West Gippsland Football Netball Competition$100,000$100,000
Ballarat Football Netball League$100,000-110,000$100,000
Central Highlands Football League$90,000-95,000$85,000
Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League$80,000-85,000$75,000
Goulburn Valley Football League$130,000$125,000
Kyabram District Football League$75,000$75,000
Murray Football League$105,000$100,000
Picola and District Football Netball League$95,000$95,000
Ovens & Murray Football League$130,000 (Corowa-Rutherglen $155,000 due to 2023 season in recess)$125,000
Ovens & King Football League$55,000$50,000
Tallangatta & District Football League$72,500$65,000
Upper Murray Football Netball League$37,500$35,000
MPNFL Div 1$120,000$100,000-$110,000
MPNFL Div 2$100,000-110,000$90,000-$95,000
Millewa Football League$42,000-47,500$40,000-$45,000
Sunraysia Football Netball League$105,000-126,000$110,000-$120,000
Hampden Football Netball League$120,000$104,500
Mininera and District Football League$75,000$70,000
South West District Football Netball League$75,000$66,500
Warrnambool & District Football Netball League$80,000$66,500
Wimmera Football Netball League$108,000-118,000$105,000-$112,000
Horsham District Football League$88,000-105,000$80,000 - $104,000

Metro league salary caps are also at the link above.

If the leagues and the AFL were serious, they would make the points system more flexible. Teams that win multiple premierships should lose multiple points. A perfect example is Kerang, they should have been stripped of so many points it would be hard to recruit. Sides not making finals should have more points allocated. The points system is only achieving one thing, that is preventing bottom teams improving.
The system is supposed to work in this manner but for some reason it is not being used effectively.

If the leagues and the AFL were serious, they would make the points system more flexible. Teams that win multiple premierships should lose multiple points. A perfect example is Kerang, they should have been stripped of so many points it would be hard to recruit. Sides not making finals should have more points allocated. The points system is only achieving one thing, that is preventing bottom teams improving.
The system is supposed to work in this manner but for some reason it is not being used effectively.
Yeh it needs to slide.
Every club should start on the same amount of points then extra points can given after taking into account the population, location (distance from major centres), primary and secondary schools, universities ect which I think is already done but nowhere near the extent it should be.
You’ll have situations where teams like Nullawil in the North Central will end up with about 50 pts but if points are reduced after success and bottom sides awarded extra that can be countered abit.
We need a system where Tooly/Manag are going into this season with about 15pts more then Kerang but also not totally handicap Kerang for being successful

Yeh it needs to slide.
Every club should start on the same amount of points then extra points can given after taking into account the population, location (distance from major centres), primary and secondary schools, universities ect which I think is already done but nowhere near the extent it should be.
You’ll have situations where teams like Nullawil in the North Central will end up with about 50 pts but if points are reduced after success and bottom sides awarded extra that can be countered abit.
We need a system where Tooly/Manag are going into this season with about 15pts more then Kerang but also not totally handicap Kerang for being successful
Without going through the points numbers, by memory I thought most teams had their chance of stocking up on numbers. Depended if what you signed is what turned up. Tooleybuc on paper had a load of higher point players for one, but maybe they weren't that good or their locals aren't on par with say Kerang. I'm not knocking them but it dies happen. Then when players want heaps clubs might not be able to afford it to be sustainable. How much planning and time is spent on focused recruits to fit the numbers they're all given?

The Sunraysia Football League reduces or increases the clubs points depending on their level of success . However Irymple won in 23 with an allocation of 37 points for season of which they only used 25 . Their recruits tend to stay around until they are one pointers plus they have a wealth of juniors to call on.
And there is nothing wrong with clubs being extremely successful but I do think 37 it too high for a club like that.
Without going through the points numbers, by memory I thought most teams had their chance of stocking up on numbers. Depended if what you signed is what turned up. Tooleybuc on paper had a load of higher point players for one, but maybe they weren't that good or their locals aren't on par with say Kerang. I'm not knocking them but it dies happen. Then when players want heaps clubs might not be able to afford it to be sustainable. How much planning and time is spent on focused recruits to fit the numbers they're all given?
Tooleybuc are going to be flat out producing one good local junior to kerang’s 3 simply because of demographics, then it’s going to also be a lot more difficult to convince them to come back and drive an extra 200km each round trip if they go to uni.
Personally I think all leagues players should be valued as the same point value. Seems strange to make recruiting players more expensive for clubs with smaller population bases where players coming from The smaller weaker comps are cheaper for the clubs in more populated areas.

And there is nothing wrong with clubs being extremely successful but I do think 37 it too high for a club like that.

Tooleybuc are going to be flat out producing one good local junior to kerang’s 3 simply because of demographics, then it’s going to also be a lot more difficult to convince them to come back and drive an extra 200km each round trip if they go to uni.
Personally I think all leagues players should be valued as the same point value. Seems strange to make recruiting players more expensive for clubs with smaller population bases where players coming from The smaller weaker comps are cheaper for the clubs in more populated areas.
Irymple could drop to 27 with little or no stress . The leagues admin. Sets the points I imagine Irymple may drop to 35 for 2024 that shouldn’t be a problem.

Tooleybuc showed last year they could have 100 points, but if most of your side is travelling with little pull to play for the club, you're not going to be successful.

Yep they should have close to 50 points, kerang could play off 35, but it's never going to be close still I don't think. Kerang juniors strive to get in the seniors and win flags, it's built into their culture, they are going to have a minimum 14, 1 point players each year, where they can continue to have a strong core group of locals and top up with a couple of top line recruits, tooley need to go into the golden rivers

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back