Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Lalberts newly appointed coach has got a habit around geelong of taking payments for work and not doing any work. I'm under the impression that lalbert gave him a second chance and good on em, however he was front page of the geelong addy yesterday for the same thing, taking 15k from an old lady and never started the work

Brent Macleod accused of taking money for unfinished work​

A Geelong-based football star and allegedly shady tradie is accused of plying his trade across the bay and charging one client more than $15,000 for unfinished work.
Will Keech

2 min read
January 9, 2024 - 7:00PM
Geelong Advertiser
1 comments
Geelong tradie Brent Macleod has taken money without completing work

Geelong tradie Brent Macleod has taken money without completing work

Geelong

Don't miss out on the headlines from Geelong. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
An allegedly shady tradie is reportedly up to his old tricks, this time accused of fleecing customers on the other side of the bay.
Geelong based landscaper Brent Macleod is accused of taking a $16,700 deposit and not completing the work he was hired to do on the Mornington Peninsula.
It isn’t the first time Mr Macleod has been accused of taking money for unfinished work.
In October 2022, two Geelong residents came forward claiming he owed them more than $9000.
In 2020, the Geelong Advertiser reported Mr Macleod left homeowners and contractors$60,000 out of pocket after declaring bankruptcy.
Bentleigh man Steve Reilly said he offered to help a friend’s parents – Ros and Ed Washington – with the erection of a fence at their Blairgowrie property in late 2022.
Mr Reilly said he submitted a request to have the fence built on their behalf via the Service Seeking website in December 2022.

“It was all we wanted to get her for Christmas,” Mr Reilly said.
When approached for comment, Mr Macleod said “I’ve got nothing to say.”
KNOW MORE? EMAIL WILLIAM.KEECH@NEWS.COM.AU

Last edited by a moderator:
Lalberts newly appointed coach has got a habit around geelong of taking payments for work and not doing any work. I'm under the impression that lalbert gave him a second chance and good on em, however he was front page of the geelong addy yesterday for the same thing, taking 15k from an old lady and never started the work
Surely the club would of done there homework on him!

I would love to know your opinon.

My opinion doesn’t carry as much weight as yours but I do think that the bloke is an absolute gun and I much rather have him in my team than not.

The square team you watched did have many of the best to play in the comp and its really hard to spit many of them.

Lloydy is one of the best I played against and then his record in Bendigo is incredible and somehow underrated. Weeks well everyone has him as one of the best of all time..unfortunately he was cut down by injury. Didn’t see enough of Simon Rosa and Matt O’toole has about 1 million premierships

My opinion doesn’t carry as much weight as yours but I do think that the bloke is an absolute gun and I much rather have him in my team than not.

The square team you watched did have many of the best to play in the comp and its really hard to spit many of them.

Lloydy is one of the best I played against and then his record in Bendigo is incredible and somehow underrated. Weeks well everyone has him as one of the best of all time..unfortunately he was cut down by injury. Didn’t see enough of Simon Rosa and Matt O’toole has about 1 million premierships
Finally, something we can agree on. I just don't believe he is in the top 5, thats all.

At least the alleged victims know exactly where to find him on a Saturday afternoon.
They could even bring a copper or two with them.
Not much they can do, deposits aren't illegal and can always say "it's on the list to do". But when you declare bankruptcy and keep taking the money and do it for at least a 3rd time you're just a crim.

Billy driscoll a big name pick up for the raiders, unlucky not to be drafted into the afl for mine. Might be 36 or 37 now, but knows where the goals are. If they can get enough of the ball forward, I'd think he kicks 60
Ex-Ballarat boy. Was good back in his North Ballarat Roosters days. A gun in fact!

A very good player & a better bloke - he always had time for younger players around Ballarat.
I'd be surprised if he kicked 60 as he's never really been that player but he'll he'll kick some goals and provide some smarts & leadership to his new side.
A great fella as I recall! Bloody good little footballer as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swan hill have signed Jimmy Toumpas ex Melbourne. Great get

Unfortunately Paul played most of his senior footy elsewhere

I think the big fella is 37 buHamish Hosking is 35 who was arguably the best ruckman in country footy the past 2 years
Yeah, why was that? Always thought it was strange that a lalbert local played a majority of his footy elsewhere in the region.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back