Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If don’t watch the games, don’t know the stats and not going off best players then I don’t think you can have any idea who should be winning the medal. Nearly every game I watch I would probably differ from the umpires with votes but I’ve obviously got no idea who should be getting them in games I haven’t seen.
I’ve not yet seen a player win it who hasn’t deserved it.

If don’t watch the games, don’t know the stats and not going off best players then I don’t think you can have any idea who should be winning the medal. Nearly every game I watch I would probably differ from the umpires with votes but I’ve obviously got no idea who should be getting them in games I haven’t seen.
I’ve not yet seen a player win it who hasn’t deserved it.
Yep I'm sure no one disagrees and this is umps on all levels, the amount of votes winners get now is nearly double to 20 years ago though and how many are reputation votes ?

Yep I'm sure no one disagrees and this is umps on all levels, the amount of votes winners get now is nearly double to 20 years ago though and how many are reputation votes ?
Plenty of reputation votes. I do think the game has changed abit in that we don’t see big goal scorers so we don’t see them getting the votes or the defenders who beat blokes with big reputations so they would get votes. It is now a midfielders game and we even see that at AFL level and their coaches votes.

While we are on topic, who would be the top 10 players in the league currently? Based off a combination of current form and past form.

For me it’s,

1. Jydon Neagle
2. Brandon Grenfell
3. Jose Miliado
4. Josh Nitschke
5. Jye Barry
6. Harry Allen
7. Joel Helmen
8. Matt Neagle
9. Nick Lang
10. Jayden Magro

Honourable mentions:
Jaxon Neagle
Henry Thompson
Jack Geary
Roy George
Connor Mcdonald
Sean Hunter
Joel Walsh
Arnold Kirby

Of course this is just my opinion so don’t shoot me down!! Keen to hear others.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen either play but I’ll take your word for it Roota. Noticing Hourigan in the goal kickers for Lalbert most weeks

Bloke is a gun and will get better the longer the year goes I reckon. Not may less goals than Brando

Post has been excellent. I’d play him at CHB but seems to be playing CHF a fair bit.

While we are on topic, who would be the top 10 players in the league currently? Based off a combination of current form and past.

For me it’s,

1. Jydon Neagle
2. Brandon Grenfell
3. Jose Miliado
4. Josh Nitschke
5. Jye Barry
6. Harry Allen
7. Joel Helmen
8. Matt Neagle
9. Nick Lang
10. Jayden Magro

Honourable mentions:

Jaxon Neagle
Henry Thompson
Jack Geary
Roy George
Connor Mcdonald
Sean Hunter
Joel Walsh
Arnold Kirby

Of course this is just my opinion so don’t shoot me down!! Keen to hear others.

Good list but for me I’d swap Grenfell with Harry Allen

Not sure about Magro in top ten
Either Roy George Sean Hunter or Joel Walsh could take that spot

With interleague coming up soon how do we think the side will look? Wonder how many of the better players of the league will make themselves available. Would be tough picking if they did.
interleague is a hard one too many travelers in that top tier that will just want the week off to rest and of course no getting match payments

Should be an under 23 sides up and coming future and some are already at the high level
the likes of sean hunter / henry thompson / dom gallo just to name a few there is plenty of them
3 from each club would be easy to fill a great team and wuold be very rewarding for these type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interleague is a hard one too many travelers in that top tier that will just want the week off to rest and of course no getting match payments

Should be an under 23 sides up and coming future and some are already at the high level
the likes of sean hunter / henry thompson / dom gallo just to name a few there is plenty of them
3 from each club would be easy to fill a great team and wuold be very rewarding for these type
Hampden and Ballarat leagues seem to use that concept well the last couple of years

think its the only way forward these days to keep interleague going and would be great for these blokes who wouldnt be on the big coin as they would be nearly all locals that have come through the juniors
Only one game this weekend
who wins ?
tyntynder going pretty well will swany make a difference ?
or can swan hill get a win they have named miliado tumpas mckewon bennett ??
Bulldogs for the w in close one

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back