Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guus Hiddink said:
Wasn't he originally from there?? I could be mistaken, or does he have relatives from that area, (like all of them do.) Just joking.

Yes played all his junior footy at Union before the amalgamation of the 2 Cohuna sides. He won Union's last senior best and fairest in 1996 at the ripe old age of 16.

ablett19 said:
Yes played all his junior footy at Union before the amalgamation of the 2 Cohuna sides. He won Union's last senior best and fairest in 1996 at the ripe old age of 16.

Yep, that's the one. A good solid footballer. But he can't do it all himself. Anyone else of worth recruited yet???

Not to my knowledge however I am not around the club anymore so there could be a couple. I am unsure.

ablett19 said:
Dean Howard (ex Melbourne Rookie) signed with Cohuna Kangas. Hasn't played football in a couple of years due to being overseas but is a fast cat and will tear up some CMFL defences this year!!!

Lets not get too excited down there. Dean was handy at best and would be an aquisition but is not going to tear up some CMFL defences.

ablett19 said:
Dean Howard (ex Melbourne Rookie) signed with Cohuna Kangas. Hasn't played football in a couple of years due to being overseas but is a fast cat and will tear up some CMFL defences this year!!!

were you and your sister on earlier under the alias roogirl? didn't he head down bendigo way and play at sandhurts for a while?

ablett19 said:
don't know about his on field antic's however from what i know his off field's with very YOUNG chicks were infamous........

Sockit151 said:
Anyone wish to argue that money hasn't completely screwed country footy??[/quote]

Agree totally, in these parts anyway. Every cat wants to put his hand out for personal benefit. Team aspect and loyalty are a thing of the past for the majority sadly Sockage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't completely blame players for taking the coin, ED. For every overpaid player, there are probablt plenty of underpaid, loyal blokes. Its the clubs who pay the big coin, looking for instant, mostly unrealistic success, thats the problem.

KokodaMidget said:
Wouldn't completely blame players for taking the coin, ED. For every overpaid player, there are probablt plenty of underpaid, loyal blokes. Its the clubs who pay the big coin, looking for instant, mostly unrealistic success, thats the problem.

Agreed Kokoda, there would be a few underpaid players around, especially some playing for their home club who would receive below market value, while big recruits can often come in on more $ and fail to deliver. Although saying that, Lance's move is still a bit of a shock. Good luck to him though.

Ed Deline said:
Sockit151 said:
Anyone wish to argue that money hasn't completely screwed country footy??[/quote]

Agree totally, in these parts anyway. Every cat wants to put his hand out for personal benefit. Team aspect and loyalty are a thing of the past for the majority sadly Sockage.

Tell me your not getting paid Ed?

FAKE_HAIR said:
Ed Deline said:
Tell me your not getting paid Ed?

I am pretend wig, so i won't lie, but i played back home and interstate for a number of years where noone was payed and we had great success because we were all on an even plain and trusted one another, so it is a shame what this great game has come to my 'hair in a can' using friend.

Ed Deline said:
FAKE_HAIR said:
I am pretend wig, so i won't lie, but i played back home and interstate for a number of years where noone was payed and we had great success because we were all on an even plain and trusted one another, so it is a shame what this great game has come to my 'hair in a can' using friend.

Surely you jest Ed. No-one was ever paid....where did you play, Grigygalgona 3rds....or was your head in the sand. Everywhere i have played, there have been players getting paid, some more than others, shock horror. To suggest that you played somewhere where nobody was paid, that you played for the love & trust of each other, is ridiculous.

Ed Deline said:
FAKE_HAIR said:
only towels and sock ED??

KokodaMidget said:
Ed Deline said:
Surely you jest Ed. No-one was ever paid....where did you play, Grigygalgona 3rds....or was your head in the sand. Everywhere i have played, there have been players getting paid, some more than others, shock horror. To suggest that you played somewhere where nobody was paid, that you played for the love & trust of each other, is ridiculous.

Correction little man, of course some guys were getting coin, but apart from the the coach, and A/C our highest payed player was on 250, while the rest of us were on base which payed for a family pizza at the end of the year when tax was removed so generously.

Only a pipe dream, but if every club in country vitoria was on a level playing field and the salary cap did work you would have guys playing footy because they actually cared about who they played for and with, instead of just turning up to get their envelope... In a perfect world we would only get socks and towels Toby like you did back in the day.

KokodaMidget said:
Ed Deline said:
Myself and Luke O'toole played this year in Kalgoorlie and no one gets paid at this club. Good incentives but no week to week matchies. The other clubs around here do but Railways has'nt for years apparently. I thought it was awsome, no superstars, just blokes playing to achive the same goal, and we did! Also helps when they have all worked in the mines for years and they take home s h i tloads in their sky rockets anyway. Oh me and Luke got a free shirt but that don't count!

FROGDOG17 said:
KokodaMidget said:
Myself and Luke O'toole played this year in Kalgoorlie and no one gets paid at this club. Good incentives but no week to week matchies. The other clubs around here do but Railways has'nt for years apparently. I thought it was awsome, no superstars, just blokes playing to achive the same goal, and we did! Also helps when they have all worked in the mines for years and they take home s h i tloads in their sky rockets anyway. Oh me and Luke got a free shirt but that don't count!

Don't forget about where that joint is though. Not much around there. What is the brand of football like over there??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back