Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOOZ said:
Guus Hiddink said:
Rosco5 said:
Just reading thru your posts guys and thought I needed to have a say - the clubs that recruit from within the league generally offer substantially more money (generally to home grown talent from a rival club) and thus the player goes.

how do we explain the drop from division one to division whatever in the interleague since the implementation of paying shi*t loads of money to players. Do you think its due to players not wanting to play because

1) They do not get paid to play
2) And if they do play the will get injured, not because they dont want to miss a game for there team mates or club, its because they will miss games and not get paid.
3) All of the above

3) All of the above

Maybe i'm just to sentimental, but i could never play against a club i had played for. I wouldn't be able to look any club member in the eye.

Obviously some circumstances force a players hand in these situations but again it comes to loyalty, seems to have disappeared with the introduction of the almighty green folding stuff.

Remember though that with the big dollars come the big expectations, and everyone has a basic idea what guys are on and even if they don't rumours are as sticky as mud when it comes to coin....

Ed Deline said:
Maybe i'm just to sentimental, but i could never play against a club i had played for. I wouldn't be able to look any club member in the eye.

Obviously some circumstances force a players hand in these situations but again it comes to loyalty, seems to have disappeared with the introduction of the almighty green folding stuff.

Remember though that with the big dollars come the big expectations, and everyone has a basic idea what guys are on and even if they don't rumours are as sticky as mud when it comes to coin....

Wish there were more blokes around who thougt like that Ed

It is funny how quickly sentiments fly out the window when the wallet is nice and packed full of $$$! Had a cousin who was going to play footy with my brother and I. But Murrabits Cheque book seemed a little more favorable. Then started my hate for Murrabit. Geez I hated 'em for that!

But now my hatred has turned to 'genuine admiration for a respected foe'.
What Bulls hit!

Trent the flight Steward said:
what are your thoughts roota on the lance brown alleged transfer gotta be a kick in the guts for the eagles

It is a massive blow for our club. To lose our star player to a club within the league really hurts. I could handle him going outside the league and chasing some big coin, because he deserves big dollars, he is a champion. I just can't believe he is going to play against his mates

Appin Vet said:
It is funny how quickly sentiments fly out the window when the wallet is nice and packed full of $$$! Had a cousin who was going to play footy with my brother and I. But Murrabits Cheque book seemed a little more favorable. Then started my hate for Murrabit. Fcuk I hate 'em for that!
would that be Dixie Patton? must not have been paid enough because he stole some sneakers and got sacked mid season. Maybe you should blame your cousin for not wanting to play with you?

super snooper said:
would that be Dixie Patton? must not have been paid enough because he stole some sneakers and got sacked mid season. Maybe you should blame your cousin for not wanting to play with you?

What sort of sneakers? Did they fit him? Cause shoes mould to their owners feet a bit, could of been uncomfortable.

Can anyone confirm with me. Weather Rohan O'callagan from the Barooga footy club is palying for Woorineen this year. Apparently Luke Crow a mate of his is on the recruiting commitee and has offered him a deal to good to refuse.

ROOTA#6 said:
It is a massive blow for our club. To lose our star player to a club within the league really hurts. I could handle him going outside the league and chasing some big coin, because he deserves big dollars, he is a champion. I just can't believe he is going to play against his mates

BO wHO rotta!
icon9.gif
these things happen!

how do we explain the drop from division one to division whatever in the interleague since the implementation of paying shi*t loads of money to players. Do you think its due to players not wanting to play because

2) And if they do play the will get injured, not because they dont want to miss a game for there team mates or club, its because they will miss games and not get paid.
3) All of the above[/quote]

Wrong again. The format has affected the players most, they would miss a good one week break.
IT ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY!

super snooper said:

Couldn't see Dixie flogging a pair of Gum Boots. Appin didn't have the coin to match Murrabits and the bloke couldn't say no. Had a fledgling family and needed the monetary assistance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guus Hiddink said:

3) All of the above

Wrong again. The format has affected the players most, they would miss a good one week break.
IT ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY![/quote]

Gus, this forum is full of people's opinions, Right or Worng! id rather you not tell me what i think is Right or Wrong. So get the pole out of your know it all arse and stop Correcting peoples opinions on what you believe is right, please..

Ed Deline said:

Loyalty goes both ways Ed. At the end of the day, your true mates are still there and if a player such as Lance Brown or Garth Russell can better their life or their families life good on them. It's funny how the guys that aren't good enough to be offered big money are the only one's who play the loyalty card. Get with the times men! Loyalty only existed in the past because there was limited money anyway. I'm sick of the old timers starting everything with "In my day......" Clubs run themselves like a business anyway, so the players should get what they can while they can. And I've never been paid (and should never have been!). At the end of the day it's just a game.

I'm not having a shot at Lance or big Garth or an Oppers for example, even Filo with the past clubs he has coached, my point is that this is the biggest league i've been associated with or have knowledge of for guys transferring to rival clubs. Blows me away

Ed Deline said:
I'm not having a shot at Lance or big Garth or an Oppers for example, even Filo with the past clubs he has coached, my point is that this is the biggest league i've been associated with or have knowledge of for guys transferring to rival clubs. Blows me away

Well Ed, you must have played in some pretty minor leagues in your day, because in the leagues that i've played, its quite common for blokes to swap clubs, & doesn't always relate to money. Can come down to opportunity, change of scenery, coaching opportunities, new coach somewhere else wants you, one league in the general area, etc etc.

Ed Deline said:

Football is a professional business now...some players getting group certificates etc for their payments. The football ground is a place of work now and you have to look at it now as players are employee's of the football club and coaches are the boss. in the real world how many people change jobs in their lifetime? Unfortunately this is how it is.

FOOZ
Gus, this forum is full of people's opinions, Right or Worng! id rather you not tell me what i think is Right or Wrong. So get the pole out of your know it all arse and stop Correcting peoples opinions on what you believe is right, please..[/quote]

Cool ya jets man! I just had a different opinion to yours, my opinion.

TOBY RAND said:
Football is a professional business now...some players getting group certificates etc for their payments. The football ground is a place of work now and you have to look at it now as players are employee's of the football club and coaches are the boss. in the real world how many people change jobs in their lifetime? Unfortunately this is how it is.
I don't think there is much argument about that, as you rightfully said UNFORTUNATELY.. And T/M is the all the talk at the moment, and good luck to them, players play clubs against each other and clubs steal players from other clubs, and usually the money wins the argument.. And, if you want the best you have to do what it takes to get them..
I only disagree with those who claim to be doing us all a favour and improving football in the area by poaching players and paying excessive amounts of money to do so!!

Imps to Hamilton and vice versa was big Little Punter, but it is par for the course to chop and change here. Nothing against those guys either it's just something i don't think i could do personally except at one club my friend!

It happens a lot in Darwin but there clubs are required to pay a transfer fee to the players club he wishes to leave based on:

-age -games played -achievements, b&f's etc.

Thousands of $ mount up quickly and there is bugger all coin up there.

Take Lance for example, strapping young man at 26/27, 2 time Betts winner, ? times club b&fs, 100 or so so games for Lalbert, interleague rep. In Darwin T/M would be lokking to fork over $15,000+ to Lalbert the have to back up with his match payments.

interesting concept.....

Ed Deline said:
What sort of sneakers? Did they fit him? Cause shoes mould to their owners feet a bit, could of been uncomfortable.

He had some massive wide feet. Much like damper. Must've only been the big bloke from the Royal Hotel's shoes. Especially to get the boot from the club. Sorry Dixie.:cool: Had to be said.

Sockit151 said:
I don't think there is much argument about that, as you rightfully said UNFORTUNATELY.. And T/M is the all the talk at the moment, and good luck to them, players play clubs against each other and clubs steal players from other clubs, and usually the money wins the argument.. And, if you want the best you have to do what it takes to get them..
I only disagree with those who claim to be doing us all a favour and improving football in the area by poaching players and paying excessive amounts of money to do so!!

Agree with you 100% Sockitt. Those who think that by poaching players from clubs within their own league are improving this league are living in their own bull s h i t fantasy land. It is dissapointing that money now plays such a large part in country football, but, there are still loyal blokes out there. Just not many of them. It's not the players fault for getting large amounts of $$$ and ruining country footy, it's the clubs that offer it too them.

Russ74 said:
Loyalty goes both ways Ed. At the end of the day, your true mates are still there and if a player such as Lance Brown or Garth Russell can better their life or their families life good on them. It's funny how the guys that aren't good enough to be offered big money are the only one's who play the loyalty card. Get with the times men! Loyalty only existed in the past because there was limited money anyway. I'm sick of the old timers starting everything with "In my day......" Clubs run themselves like a business anyway, so the players should get what they can while they can. And I've never been paid (and should never have been!). At the end of the day it's just a game.[/quote]

B I N G O! AND BINGO WAS HIS NAMEO!!!!!

TOBY RAND said:

But isn't it the mis management of football clubs stuffing it up. I can understand the players go for the kanga (good on them for getting it). But these days clubs are going for the one thing, a cup. But whats the point of winning a cup if you a strugling to field a competitives ide in years to come.
Sure if the club has money to spend at that time, do it. But it may bite themselve's in the arse in the long run.
It's time for the VCFL to step in and stop the rot of clubs going down because of miss lead administrators.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back