Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the buzz said:
Does Boort have enough cash to get Filo ahead of Balranald?

Sad to lose "The Great MCCarthy" as it seems he has the Boga job lined up. He will do a great deal for bar sales.
Have heard that Boort have thrown the golden $$ to keep the Great Macca there...too valueable to loose..

Bingle_21 said:
Sounds like what you 'heard' was from the wrong people and that you haven't talked to roota himself, as he has often said that his fitness ealry was some of the reason why he wasnt playing 1s. It was more of what happened once he got back in the side that was where their problems started between them
From what i saw kerang would be silly not to keep filo as he is like a bottle of red getting better with age, from what i saw he was the engine room of kerang. Who will now win the hard balls in the packs to give off to coates, robertson milward and my boy morrison, if he leaves will other players leave such as the birchmonger and snow thamm, from what i saw on Gf day forsyth looked as Jack Dyer would say a good ordinary footballer.
Looking forward to keeping with rootas movements in the post season from his training regime, diet and talks with progressive clubs in the hope he can get back into the form that saw him debut in a finals bound senior side

I didn't say that he was staying at Kerang.Would be splendid if he did. Quality person as well as a footballer. Who ever ends up with his signature will benefit greatly. Snow Thamm to leave Kerang would be as believable as Hell freezing over! The family is part of the furniture.

ROOTA#6 said:
I will take some of blame. I wasn't fit enough, but this was due to many factors, illness during pre season being the main one. i know i performed well in all but one of the senior games i played but this counted for nothing. I am looking forward to next year and proving you and Masters wrong Guus

Is it just me or does no one actually give a s#%t why 'Roota' did or didn't get a game for Lalbert this year? I can't tell whether it's sour grapes or a case of getting your expectations mixed up with your abilities, but it's gone on long enough.

Honestly I don't know if you are good enough or 'fit enough' (and I really don't care) but if I was coaching Lalbert I wouldn't play you either Roota, cos it appears all you are good at is talking about yourself - as you have done on here all year. Get over it and get on with some real footy news.

gastev said:
Is it just me or does no one actually give a s#%t why 'Roota' did or didn't get a game for Lalbert this year? I can't tell whether it's sour grapes or a case of getting your expectations mixed up with your abilities, but it's gone on long enough.

Honestly I don't know if you are good enough or 'fit enough' (and I really don't care) but if I was coaching Lalbert I wouldn't play you either Roota, cos it appears all you are good at is talking about yourself - as you have done on here all year. Get over it and get on with some real footy news.

why are you adding fuel to the fire then john? you are just adding fuel to the fire and baiting ROOTA up. let sleeping dogs lie.

Hello all
Please find attached a letter to the league concerning the finals tendering system. This letter was written by myself but has since been passed by our committee to be sent to the league and other clubs, prior to Lalbert winning the Grand final tender.
Since winning the Grand Final tender it is more obvious how unfair the process is to the other eleven clubs. This may not be the answer but something does need to be changed to make it more equitable for everyone concerned.
Thanks
Darren Scott

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I have been the President of Lalbert Football Club and a member of the Committee for a number of years. In this time I have found the tendering process for the finals to be unjust and unfair to some clubs. I believe it is unfair to expect clubs to take a gamble on tendering, and think it is time for the League and Clubs to consider a different approach.

The League should run the finals with clubs providing the man power to run the Canteen, Bar etc. Depending on the location of the game, this would decide on which club would be required on the day.

For example:
If the game was at Lake Boga you would ask Lake Boga, Lalbert and Kerang. If the game was at Tooleybuc ground then Tooleybuc/Manangatang, Balranald and Nyah would provide people and for the Grand Final all clubs would be required to participate.

At the end of the final series the proceeds would be divided equally thirteen ways between ALL Clubs and the League. If a particular Club refuses to participate then the monies will be divided by the number of clubs willing to provide the man power.

Not only do I think this would be a fairer system, it would also be a good exercise to bring Clubs closer together.

This was my own personal view, however Lalbert Football Club General Committee passed this letter at a meeting to be sent to the league and other clubs.

For far too long, the League seems to be split by the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

Yours sincerely,

Darren Scott
Lalbert Football Club

i heard swan hill has made luke damon from the mornington league an offer he can't refuse.
he can play, on baller goal kicker was on essendons list not long ago i think.

Spoton said:
i have heard that Filo is not going back to allow bluey the space he needs to develop his coaching style. Has there been a fall out between these two?? i also heard that there hasn't been much contact between them?
Three reasons Filo may leave Kerang: (1) The above mentioned space to allow Bluey the job without influence. (2) Despite he's earlier thoughts Filo is now desperate to coach. (3) insurmountable remuneration.
If Filo wanted to stay Bluey would be a fool to not want it. He could still coach how he wanted and run things how he wanted but no coach has all the answers especially an inexperienced one. Filo would provide great additional support without interfering.
From what I've heard Filo wants to coach but would not necessarily a senior side. Is it not feasible for him to coach an underage side or the reserves at Kerang while still playing?
Money is always a big influencer in country footy but Filo is loyal and Kerang is financially viable enough to support his needs.
Regardless of all the rumors and recent conjecture I don't think there is any reason Filo needs to leave Kerang. They have been great to him and him to them over the years, why end things at this stage of his career. Also Bluey and Filo remain friends and will so long past football.

ablett said:
i heard swan hill has made luke damon from the mornington league an offer he can't refuse.
he can play, on baller goal kicker was on essendons list not long ago i think.

might be because callan beasy is coaching swan hill and may have spent some time playing with him. heard the swans are going all out $$$ wise to get a flag

head said:
Three reasons Filo may leave Kerang: (1) The above mentioned space to allow Bluey the job without influence. (2) Despite he's earlier thoughts Filo is now desperate to coach. (3) insurmountable remuneration.
If Filo wanted to stay Bluey would be a fool to not want it. He could still coach how he wanted and run things how he wanted but no coach has all the answers especially an inexperienced one. Filo would provide great additional support without interfering.
From what I've heard Filo wants to coach but would not necessarily a senior side. Is it not feasible for him to coach an underage side or the reserves at Kerang while still playing?
Money is always a big influencer in country footy but Filo is loyal and Kerang is financially viable enough to support his needs.
Regardless of all the rumors and recent conjecture I don't think there is any reason Filo needs to leave Kerang. They have been great to him and him to them over the years, why end things at this stage of his career. Also Bluey and Filo remain friends and will so long past football.
1.correct
2. incorrect...has been given too many offers not to consider, desperate the operative word here..clubs desperate for HIS services.
3. Doesn't care too much about remuneration..cares for getting the best out of his cattle and the ultimate VICTORY.
What have Kerang done to ensure he doesn't go?

Heard from a source closely involved with T/M that Lance Brown is very close to signing up with the saints. Would be a huge inclusion to their midfield alongside Ash Thompson and Ryan O'Sullivan for next year.

Trent the flight Steward said:
From what i saw kerang would be silly not to keep filo as he is like a bottle of red getting better with age, from what i saw he was the engine room of kerang. Who will now win the hard balls in the packs to give off to coates, robertson milward and my boy morrison, if he leaves will other players leave such as the birchmonger and snow thamm, from what i saw on Gf day forsyth looked as Jack Dyer would say a good ordinary footballer.
Looking forward to keeping with rootas movements in the post season from his training regime, diet and talks with progressive clubs in the hope he can get back into the form that saw him debut in a finals bound senior side

Trent, are you saying that Coates, Milward, Robertson and even young Morrison aren't hard. Filo rules that category but those guys, especially the first two would be right up there in any league for head over it. You seem to enjoy the odd jab at Kerang. The reason for this is......? Enlighten us all.

Ed Deline said:
Trent, are you saying that Coates, Milward, Robertson and even young Morrison aren't hard. Filo rules that category but those guys, especially the first two would be right up there in any league for head over it. You seem to enjoy the odd jab at Kerang. The reason for this is......? Enlighten us all.
Some may call me a bitter ex player, howeverI didnt say they did not put their head over the ball, however they are better players in space then in tight congestion such as filo who is the master

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent the flight Steward said:
Some may call me a bitter ex player, howeverI didnt say they did not put their head over the ball, however they are better players in space then in tight congestion such as filo who is the master

Just needed clarification Trent, thanks. Now why, would some call you bitter? Rootos has all his dirty laundry aired on here, so join him in a cleansing of the sole Trent, get it out there, release the tension.....

gastev said:

Fair enough mate, lets get on with other business. I can report that Shaun Warburton has been elected President of the Lalbert Football Club. Could well be the Eddie McGuire of country footy. It is great to see a younger fella step up and take on a big job like this. Goodluck Warbo!!!

Guus Hiddink said:
Just heard that Jason Kerr is coaching Cobram boys. He will be a bit of a whole in the Worra side.[/quote]

Story is that the woora job was being announced last night or some candidates would find out if they were still in the mix, any news on it?

Story is that the woora job was being announced last night or some candidates would find out if they were still in the mix, any news on it?[/quote]

No news yet. I heard that they are trying to recruit up some pretty valuable players. Any of the Quamby boys coming back?? Good on chopper for doing the job, I think he will do well.

Guus Hiddink said:
Story is that the woora job was being announced last night or some candidates would find out if they were still in the mix, any news on it?

No news yet. I heard that they are trying to recruit up some pretty valuable players. Any of the Quamby boys coming back?? Good on chopper for doing the job, I think he will do well.[/quote]

Spoke to the Woora/Quamby boys on Saturday and they are all stay over with the Saints. It is good to see Chopper taking on the challenge

ROOTA#6 said:
Fair enough mate, lets get on with other business. I can report that Shaun Warburton has been elected President of the Lalbert Football Club. Could well be the Eddie McGuire of country footy. It is great to see a younger fella step up and take on a big job like this. Goodluck Warbo!!!
is this the Wrbo that gave away 3 consecutive 50 metre penaltys in an elimination final in the 3rds a few years ago

Dean Howard (ex Melbourne Rookie) signed with Cohuna Kangas. Hasn't played football in a couple of years due to being overseas but is a fast cat and will tear up some CMFL defences this year!!!

ablett19 said:
Dean Howard (ex Melbourne Rookie) signed with Cohuna Kangas. Hasn't played football in a couple of years due to being overseas but is a fast cat and will tear up some CMFL defences this year!!!

Wasn't he originally from there?? I could be mistaken, or does he have relatives from that area, (like all of them do.) Just joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back