Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a few of those going back, problem is minor league teams offer stupid money and the guys go. no loyalty. cohuna is always going to struggle to hang on to players thay leave town for work school ect. they have lost some great players to echuca over the last few years eg rhys archard, shaun power, mark wight
Echuca is not in a minor league and they do not offer stupid money. Maybe instead of blaming minor leagues you should have a look at some of the money getting thrown around in the cmfl, its a joke.

bathy mac, Years ago cohuna were consistently playing senior finals, yet over the last 3 or 4 years they have seemed to loose a lot of their young local players to neighbouring sides and leagues. I remember playing against cohuna in the u'17s finals in the late 90's when they played in the grand final year in year out. Those kids would be around the 23 / 24 / 25 year old mark now, have they tried recruiting any of them back or would it be a long shot to get them? I'm sure they would quickly be among it again if they got a few of those guys back.

Does anyone know how Koondrook/Barham's recruiting is going? They seem to be keeping quiet?

Great times those... There was a lot of talent flying about in those days. Hard for those boys to come back as they are all over the country with work etc.
Although Cohuna are starting to get a few back including Treacy, Fehring.
Other names would include: Andersons, Farrant, Archard, Hall, Howards, Waterson, Evans, etc etc

Saw the jackhammer kick 3 in 2 minutes 1 day playing on the human blanket Nugget Molin. A minute later he broke his ankle and has barely been seen since. Football's loss.

nugget would have had the best left foot kick that was going around in his day (although he was natural left.... i think!!!). Lefties are a rare commodity

Anyone, Who would you say these days has great skills on both sides in the league??

Saw the jackhammer kick 3 in 2 minutes 1 day playing on the human blanket Nugget Molin. A minute later he broke his ankle and has barely been seen since. Football's loss.
That battle would have been nothing compaired to the two of them going head to head in the bar after the game.The jackhammer might have got 3 in 2 minutes but ive seen the blanket put away 3 bourbon cans in 2 minutes,a more astonishing feat.He may have broken his ankle a minute later as well but certainly hasnt been lost to drinking which is CUB"s gain:cool:

Great times those... There was a lot of talent flying about in those days. Hard for those boys to come back as they are all over the country with work etc.
Other names would include: Andersons, Farrant, Archard, Hall, Howards, Waterson, Evans, etc etc

Too true Ablett19, I remember most of those blokes. Hall and Fehring? Hall would not have played senior football.

Did Treacy play with Echuca in the GV league? From all reports they are an exceptional club and league. Is there any chance of other Echuca players pulling on the Cohuna jumper this year?

mr deline can you shed some light on this intriguing question with your connection to kerang? u boys would be expecting another big year out of coates, word was he was disappointed on his impact after returning from the stardom of vfl and is talking about ripping the league apart this yr

alfie someone is making stuff up as coates is modest and doesn't talk about himself. he told me he is just happy to be back playing with his mates and enjoying his football.

Ed, saw big zac saunders labouring around the oval the other night, so at what stage of the season will he start playing, if he plays that is.

Surprised you didnt mention drew bartram, tough onballer who would be a better player then some you have listed ablett, other good players would be stiffer donat, they also were able ot recruite gun footballers in the past which they havent done for a few years, they really should have won a flag in the late 90s in the seniors with the players they had

Surprised you didnt mention drew bartram, tough onballer who would be a better player then some you have listed ablett, other good players would be stiffer donat, they also were able ot recruite gun footballers in the past which they havent done for a few years, they really should have won a flag in the late 90s in the seniors with the players they had

How do you rate Drew, Ablett? yous are pretty close i hear?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

booby rivers, don't know who you are, but i was playing that game and would say the williams molan dual was as good as i have seen, the jack hammer had those 3 in a minute and a half by the way. that ankle injury certainly set him back, he was never the same, often resorting to go the nuckle when things were getting tough unlike nugget who would let his pure football ability speak for itself.

Is it right that the jackhammer has turned his hand to pugilism these days. Has reportedly been telling anyone that is prepared to listen that Mundine is just a pub brawling bum & sooner rather than later the jackhammer will be "da man".

doughting thomas, agree with everything you say, didn't mean echuca was in a minor league and they have a good reputation of paying players what they are worth. eg guy campbell came back from sydney and just went to the club that was going to pay the most ie echuca united. you would have to agree that struggling senior players or 2nds footballers getting offered money to play at some minor league clubs is getting out of hand. i can think of plenty of examples over the past few years.

doughting thomas, agree with everything you say, didn't mean echuca was in a minor league and they have a good reputation of paying players what they are worth. eg guy campbell came back from sydney and just went to the club that was going to pay the most ie echuca united. you would have to agree that struggling senior players or 2nds footballers getting offered money to play at some minor league clubs is getting out of hand. i can think of plenty of examples over the past few years.

Obviously it does happen, but i can't think of too many cohuna players running around in local minor leagues. If they are struggling senior players or seconds players, its a bit rich blaming them for your poor showings over the past few years.

Bernie, i could list quite a few reasons why cohuna hasn't been as strong as in the past, losing players to other clubs is just one of them and not a problem just with the cohuna club either.
i think you will find that the macorna football club has recruited quite a few players from kangas and l/gunbower over the past 10 years or so.

bad news to come out of cohuna

dynamic midfielder and reserves coach karl "mercuri" johnson has gone down with what appears to be a slipped disc in the lower lumbar region. could this mean the end for the young veteran or will danny cooke's rapigel come to the rescue???

get well soon karl, we need you firing!!

Ed, saw big zac saunders labouring around the oval the other night, so at what stage of the season will he start playing, if he plays that is.

The big fella is busy organising a new business deal in our busy metroplolis, will train when time allows at this stage...Deline out.

bad news to come out of cohuna

dynamic midfielder and reserves coach karl "mercuri" johnson has gone down with what appears to be a slipped disc in the lower lumbar region. could this mean the end for the young veteran or will danny cooke's rapigel come to the rescue???

get well soon karl, we need you firing!!

can we keep this sort of crap of this thread, i don't think this website was set up to accommodate your feble attempts at humour fork tongue, speaking of danny cooke he has been quoted in the cohuna farmers weekly as saying "if we don't suceed, we run the risk of failure" when asked how he thought the kangas would go this year.

Bernie, i could list quite a few reasons why cohuna hasn't been as strong as in the past, losing players to other clubs is just one of them and not a problem just with the cohuna club either.
i think you will find that the macorna football club has recruited quite a few players from kangas and l/gunbower over the past 10 years or so.

Yes, well those players would need to be paid to go there:D

nugget would have had the best left foot kick that was going around in his day (although he was natural left.... i think!!!). Lefties are a rare commodity

Anyone, Who would you say these days has great skills on both sides in the league??

shane 'johny' guerra can drink equally well left and right, i know the cohuna pub rated him as good an allrounder that they have seen.

I think you will find that this little arrangement seems to go both ways. Wayne Ladson, Greg Bear, Warren Ellwood, Jason Crichton, Russell Robins, Wayne Wishart have all been recruited from the tigers and played senior footy at those clubs over the years. Any of the real good footballers from those teams that have come to Macorna have come for the opportunity to coach and I don't think you can hold that against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back