Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Gloved 1 or should i say Blindfolded 1. You've obviously seen the media coverage that each of these leagues get in person to make such a comment i hope. Because i've been involved with a few of the leagues mentioned and the guardian and local radio coverage is well above some of these leagues. For example the Geelong Football League's coverage in the Advertiser is minimal at best, having to compete with the AFL and other sports not even played up here. I conceed not as good as a few, we certainly don't match up in terms of television, but nore should we with a substantialy smaller population.

austin_23 said:
Roota, i did not no that a king hit consisted of someone facing an opponent taking a swing at them then forgetting to duck and getting smacked in the jaw. thus a broken jaw resulting.

I was talking about the King Hit that i copped mate. The one where i had my back to my opponent was watching the ball and was hit with a swinging arm to the jaw. I was just reminding the Tooleybuc people that their players engae in unsportman like activities also.

HappyDayz said:
So Gloved 1 or should i say Blindfolded 1. You've obviously seen the media coverage that each of these leagues get in person to make such a comment i hope. Because i've been involved with a few of the leagues mentioned and the guardian and local radio coverage is well above some of these leagues. For example the Geelong Football League's coverage in the Advertiser is minimal at best, having to compete with the AFL and other sports not even played up here. I conceed not as good as a few, we certainly don't match up in terms of television, but nore should we with a substantialy smaller population.

Brad does a great job with the overall coverage of sport, but it would be good if they could cover the GRFL a bit better. Seeing that the major newspaper for this area. I relise that there is so much man power available but it would be good if the GRFL gets a bit more coverage in the monday lift out. The GFL get good coverage when the catters loose!!!!

HappyDayz said:

Sunday, Monday Happy Dayz....
Have been involved with Geelong FL, Ballarat FL, Bendigo FL as a club administrator. The coverage in the Advertiser not so good due to AFL but same in Bendigo and Ballarat, all these other places have another community paper that has fantastic football coverage which is written by the journo's at the major papers. I'm talking about more than TV and radio also. Look at the major leagues websites then go to the CMFL, its almost laughable. These major leagues that most of us in this area wanted to be associated with have full time employees by the leagues to do day to day football operations etc. If football in the CMFL is to get back to where everyone here wants it then the league here will have to do something about the way football is run because I believe our board is good but no where near as good as the other major leagues. have a look at the way one of the members carried on about what a sports writer covered in the paper...

Sorry if this has been covered but can someone fill me in on this Brad Clifton v Howard Rosewarne saga. What is it about and what did they print?

footy02 said:
I agree to a certain extent.. but cmfl top sides would not come with in 10 goals of ovens and murray teams or A grade amo teams.
QUESTION FOR ALL BIG FOOTY FANS
Interms of grfl v's cmfl . It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone were to go to ultima (Relitively strong) or Wakool (TOp 3) even and put the following proposal to them....
"We want you to put up $5000, want you to put your best side on the field against woorinen's best side(Bottom 2).. winner take all" how many people (NOt emotionally attached but realistically) out there would think that the mentioned grfl sides would agree???
personally I beleive that woorinen would win by 5 to 8 goals...

I am not trying belittle the grfl, but trying to be realistic and create some chat..

i would have to agree with that footy02. wakool get away with a lot of forward running in the grfl, but players such as robertson, tierney, pryma, brooks, roberts, kerr, would all smash the best that wakool has got, including harvey, as he only gets the ball by pushing forward knowing his team will win the clearance, and this couldnt be guaranteed against cmfl teams. interesting post, keep them coming.

Yes you have a point there with the Website thing there Gloved 1. I know H.R is an expert with CPU's maybe we have just give Clifton an avenue for his next point of attack.

Catter said:
Would you believe that the gap in wideing in the sense of the stronger sides to the weaker sides. The CMFL is becoming a one sider affair unfortunately. The stronger sides are the best in northern victoria. But beause of the money being flung around these days players cant afford to represent the league because they dot want to get injured. As i said in a earlier post the D pool is no where near the names we have in this league

Forget about the money getting thrown around chief.. Think about this we play 18 rounds and only get one bye..(when the interleague is on) Thats one week off out of the whole footy season.. Maybe consider a split round somewhere.. You might find that a few more players will put there hands up for interleague.. :) :

Was very interesting to notice a number of pages from this thread plastered on the walls of a certain footy club over the weekend, seems that a lot of people very interested in comments made here gents

ROOTA#6 said:
Was very interesting to notice a number of pages from this thread plastered on the walls of a certain footy club over the weekend, seems that a lot of people very interested in comments made here gents

Was this Tooleytang's rooms root? I know a club in the league that has told players that they do not condone posting on big footy and they should stay away from it because the club doesn't need any backlash from stupid comments

the gloved 1 said:
Was this Tooleytang's rooms root? I know a club in the league that has told players that they do not condone posting on big footy and they should stay away from it because the club doesn't need any backlash from stupid comments

No mate wasn't Tooleytangs rooms. Who is the club telling palyers not to post? Swan Hill would be my guess

ROOTA#6 said:
No mate wasn't Tooleytangs rooms. Who is the club telling palyers not to post? Swan Hill would be my guess

Which other rooms did you enter over the weekend little man? I didn't say it was a football club requesting that their players withold

the gloved 1 said:
Sunday, Monday Happy Dayz....
Have been involved with Geelong FL, Ballarat FL, Bendigo FL as a club administrator. The coverage in the Advertiser not so good due to AFL but same in Bendigo and Ballarat, all these other places have another community paper that has fantastic football coverage which is written by the journo's at the major papers. I'm talking about more than TV and radio also. Look at the major leagues websites then go to the CMFL, its almost laughable. These major leagues that most of us in this area wanted to be associated with have full time employees by the leagues to do day to day football operations etc. If football in the CMFL is to get back to where everyone here wants it then the league here will have to do something about the way football is run because I believe our board is good but no where near as good as the other major leagues. have a look at the way one of the members carried on about what a sports writer covered in the paper...

Good call gloved one, a fulltime employee would help a great deal, possibly be involved in both CMFL & GRFL , probably wont happen to many EGO's on CMFL board. If it happens just hope it won't be an ex school teacher.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FAKE_HAIR said:
Forget about the money getting thrown around chief.. Think about this we play 18 rounds and only get one bye..(when the interleague is on) Thats one week off out of the whole footy season.. Maybe consider a split round somewhere.. You might find that a few more players will put there hands up for interleague.. :) :

Fair call. But if Ficarra, Rosewarne, DeMorton and co dont do something different qucickly Interleague will mean nothing within 2 years. Another bye will help immensily.

well luke bennett(roota6) put this up on your wall from floor to ceiling
LALBERT are gone and it would be wise for some of the ego maniacs that wear the eagle jumper to gain some words of wisdom from those in attendance at the premiership reunion in late july.
what players tell opposition coaches that key players are missing from the side, spins the ball in hands trying to be a jacko, takes the money every week and doesnt do team things and fakes hamstring injurys
glad you have to play with the guy.
hope you enjoyed the tongue lashing on monday night????

ROOTA#6 said:
That was a King Hit too, and a broken jaw resulted and strangely ne report so too hear an investogation may be on the way regarding Saturday is very ordinary. What happened on the weekend was ordinary and we all hate to see it happening, but there are a couple of Saintsa running around that have dished a few out over the time

I wouldn't mind seeing a few names of some of these saints who have dished a few out, just too know what sort of credibility/evidence you have.
Also I seem to remember that supposed king hit as it happened right in front of where i was and all i seem to rememer was a fair attack at the ball which you obviously couldn't handle. Get a skirt on love the time for whinging has passed

left foot long said:
LALBERT are gone and it would be wise for some of the ego maniacs that wear the eagle jumper to gain some words of wisdom from those in attendance at the premiership reunion in late july.
what players tell opposition coaches that key players are missing from the side, spins the ball in hands trying to be a jacko, takes the money every week and doesnt do team things and fakes hamstring injurys

I dont know the hamstring guy in question and have only seen him play once (last saturday). Once I saw him in action I couldnt believe this was the same person that had been getting a few raps as a reasonable player on this very forum the week before. Maybe he is going through some emotional issues outside of footy but his efforts on saturday (before limping straight off into the shower) were very very ordinary. There was more heart and determination at the ball shown by the seconds running around for Lalbert earlier in the day. One thing I couldnt believe was that if you have an injury that is so bad you have to come off you woudl want the trainer/physio to look at it ASAP. This guy didnt go through the interchange, pushed the physio away (Boof O'Bree) and headed straight into the rooms. Obviously had better places to be then out on the ground.

telstra101 said:
i would have to agree with that footy02. wakool get away with a lot of forward running in the grfl, but players such as robertson, tierney, pryma, brooks, roberts, kerr, would all smash the best that wakool has got, including harvey, as he only gets the ball by pushing forward knowing his team will win the clearance, and this couldnt be guaranteed against cmfl teams. interesting post, keep them coming.
That a real disappointing post from you Telstra
Kearney, Whelan, Harvey, Doyle, Harrison etc would not only match Woora's best you have mentioned, but have them covered in several areas.
Firstly the disposal of this group is superior to those you have mentioned eg. Kerr
The committment of this group is better than some of those mentioned eg. Prymke and names like Brooks and Roberts would only be run of the mill players in the Hawks side of this year.

the gloved 1 said:
Firstly - I didn't mention anything about the standard of the GRFL i mentioned that it should get more coverage in the Swan Hill paper & in my opinion the CMFL is no longer a major league. I also said since Brad has been at the Guardian the football coverage has improved but it could be better, major leagues such as Geelong, O&M, GV, MP, Ballarat, Bendigo, Gippsland etc all have a great coverage of football in print media, radio that would be better than what we get.
Secondly - You agree that Mr Filo said this league has dropped 8 fold. He is a man who's opinion would be valued by many and if he says the league has dropped 8 fold then that would mean it is no longer a major league considering there are only four divisions. Again your mentioning in reference to me that the standard of GRFL is poor and I agree I just think they are the second league in this area and it doesn't get enough media coverage.
Maybe the two leagues in this area need to sit down with other neighbouring leagues and work out how to best manage the way footy standard has decreased and get football in this area back to where it was years ago when we were playing against Geelong, La Trobe Valley etc.
yes all fair points, but you will find that the standard of footy in general among all leagues has dropped. Just more so in the cmfl. Maybe there is just not enough demand for more news on the grfl or cmfl. I would have thought the guardian wrap would be enough considering ten years ago it was a non event.. I think everyone is to worried about interleague. maybe the board should start worrying about the standard of the league rather than winning interleague.. Time for a change of board.. p.s. Swan HIll premiers 2006 your kidding yourself.......

September said:
That a real disappointing post from you Telstra
Kearney, Whelan, Harvey, Doyle, Harrison etc would not only match Woora's best you have mentioned, but have them covered in several areas.
Firstly the disposal of this group is superior to those you have mentioned eg. Kerr
The committment of this group is better than some of those mentioned eg. Prymke and names like Brooks and Roberts would only be run of the mill players in the Hawks side of this year.

Mate you are not on this plannet.. Simon roberts.. a 6 foot 3 quick player, highly regarded in darwin, (Key position player in back to back flags) coach of a cmfl side (That performed very well for the players they had) would only be just a player in wakools team... you do realise that other people read these posts.....
Kelvin 69 for a keen a knowlegable supporter, you have seen Clinton Brooks play, How do you rate him..???
For a man that has had a few tussles with ash connick and come out on top on occasions I would rate him as a bloody good footballer.
And then we can start looking at the next level of players..

footy02 said:
I agree to a certain extent.. but cmfl top sides would not come with in 10 goals of ovens and murray teams or A grade amo teams.
QUESTION FOR ALL BIG FOOTY FANS
Interms of grfl v's cmfl . It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone were to go to ultima (Relitively strong) or Wakool (TOp 3) even and put the following proposal to them....
"We want you to put up $5000, want you to put your best side on the field against woorinen's best side(Bottom 2).. winner take all" how many people (NOt emotionally attached but realistically) out there would think that the mentioned grfl sides would agree???
personally I beleive that woorinen would win by 5 to 8 goals...

I am not trying belittle the grfl, but trying to be realistic and create some chat..

although i agree about the standard dropping in these leagues, i disagree that the cmfls bottom sides would account for the grfl sides easily.. the ultima teams who won 3 in a row would have definately finished in the top 5 of cmfl... the top grfl sides are better than the bottom cmfl sides without doubt, 02

left foot long said:

well everyone another classic comment from Mr i have never played senior football JAMIE MCDONALD. Its about time that you started talking real football news mate instead of the s h i t that you talk on hear and on the radio station that you work for. There is a reason why you are nicked named DC MCDONALD at lalbert... dumb c u n t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOOZ said:
well everyone another classic comment from Mr i have never played senior football JAMIE MCDONALD. Its about time that you started talking real football news mate instead of the s h i t that you talk on hear and on the radio station that you work for. There is a reason why you are nicked named DC MCDONALD at lalbert... dumb c u n t!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahah barking up the wrong tree d ic k head
blame him all you like ahhahahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back