Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Image of Is that the foot long? And then some

That Carlton barracking (v St Kilda) to get them up into the finals at Freo’s potential expense, was downright shameful, I’m sick of listening to the bias all year and it really is disgraceful for the AFL to continue to allow it and condone it.

BT and now Nicholson might as well have been Eddie McGuire and Ted Whitten commentating a State of Origin game.

Last 3-4 weeks I’ve been turning off any commentary when it’s non Vic v Vic club now, but didn’t expect it for this game. It’s an appalling indictment on the league.

It’s time someone ran a descriptive analysis on the game transcripts and call this out publicly.

That Carlton barracking (v St Kilda) to get them up into the finals at Freo’s potential expense, was downright shameful, I’m sick of listening to the bias all year and it really is disgraceful for the AFL to continue to allow it and condone it.

BT and now Nicholson might as well have been Eddie McGuire and Ted Whitten commentating a State of Origin game..

Only a few more weeks left, then BT is gone forever from my TV commentary (I use Kayo).

That won't stop the Fox Footy crew from barracking hard for Victorian teams though. Was happening earlier in the day.

They have get rid of Darcy, he’s hopeless and he has the most annoying voice for commentary. Brayshaw is another one- perfectly summed up by cricket journalist Geoff Lemon. BT has toned down the bullshit a bit lately, but surely there’s got to better commenters out there. Underwood has been a failed experiment. And I’ve never thought that much of Anthony Hudson, both are to be endured on Fox footy. The best commentators are Bennetts, Paplia and Nicholson, because you don’t notice them when they are calling.

Other major failings are in the special comments team. There are way too many of them and most are terrible. I’d be keeping Daisy Thomas and sack everyone else. Watson and Selwood are an embarrassment. On Fox Dunstall should never attend Hawthorn games. I don’t know how they keep getting it wrong. Overseas sports are leaps and bounds ahead on commentary.

I guess Hamish coming back next year means one of the callers will be cut in order to make room?

I’d forgotten about that tool. I thought, surely they won’t bring him back now his brother has gone but then remembered this is channel 7 who think Selwood, Jobe, Darcy etc etc are all good.

Daisy Thomas has surprised me, he’s actually good. how did he make it through -probably won’t last long but Selwood will still be there in 10 years stumbling and mumbling through stating the bleeding obvious

It will be interesting to see if Channel 7 make changes when people will have a choice next year.

They have get rid of Darcy, he’s hopeless and he has the most annoying voice for commentary. Brayshaw is another one- perfectly summed up by cricket journalist Geoff Lemon. BT has toned down the bullshit a bit lately, but surely there’s got to better commenters out there. Underwood has been a failed experiment. And I’ve never thought that much of Anthony Hudson, both are to be endured on Fox footy. The best commentators are Bennetts, Paplia and Nicholson, because you don’t notice them when they are calling.

Other major failings are in the special comments team. There are way too many of them and most are terrible. I’d be keeping Daisy Thomas and sack everyone else. Watson and Selwood are an embarrassment. On Fox Dunstall should never attend Hawthorn games. I don’t know how they keep getting it wrong. Overseas sports are leaps and bounds ahead on commentary.
BT has become tolerable since they separated him from Brayshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about to get worse.
Kane Cornes is joining 7 next year.
Perhaps now he seems to have cemented a place in the media he can lose the contrary, villain bullshit and just focus on being an objective analyst. He’s got a decent footy brain when he’s not trying to stir shit just to get a reaction.

I actually reckon Kane will be good on Seven, his special comment work i have always found to be good on SEN. He calls it as he see's it and isn't as "hot takey" in commentary

Plus it might mean less of Luke Darcy so that is a win

Kane Cornes is good for special comments. He will be a good.addition and will tell.it how it is. Less blowing smoke up the proverbial so to speak.
The comms teams are just PR firms for their favourite players

Notice every time a Daicos makes a mistake it's a 'rare fumble' but when a lesser known player does they point out the mistake.

Naicos fluffed a kick by about 30m in the first quarter last Friday and BT claimed he "kicks into open space". Couldn't bare to point out he sprayed one, no that'd be blasphemous.

If you're on a list it'd be worth paying BT, JB etc to pump you up every broadcast. It'll earn you more money with more hype...

The comms teams are just PR firms for their favourite players

Notice every time a Daicos makes a mistake it's a 'rare fumble' but when a lesser known player does they point out the mistake.

Naicos fluffed a kick by about 30m in the first quarter last Friday and BT claimed he "kicks into open space". Couldn't bare to point out he sprayed one, no that'd be blasphemous.

If you're on a list it'd be worth paying BT, JB etc to pump you up every broadcast. It'll earn you more money with more hype...
Nick never actually misses a shot at goal. He kicks behinds deliberately so the forwards don’t get jealous. Get around him. 😍

Kane does my head in with his clear Hinkley bias and is clearly just out there to manufacture clickbait, but Christ he'll be more interesting than most of Channel 7's stable. Have Cotchin and Selwood made any sort of interesting comment in their media roles? Has Ling? Burgoyne? Holmes? They're all vanilla as ****, might as well get someone into special comments that'll actual make some sort of commentary.

Career suicide by Cornes.

Unless Ch 7 replace 80% of their football commentary staff and completely change their culture.

Korn will stand out like a sore thumb amongst that lot. Korn will be forced to take off all the harsh edges like 'normal' spongebob.

GBCcl97XwAAJcaR

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back