Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm pretty interested to see how they're actually going to integrate Kane into the coverage. I can't really picture him with BT or most of the guys possibly trying to bait him into a hot take sort of thing mid game. That's not really the way he would want to go about it or goes about it on the radio.

It's the same with the shows, that Wednesday night show they do currently is the most bland milquetoast crap you would ever see, he wouldn't fit in at all. Would have preferred to see him on FOX but I'm sure they have some plans for him.

Kane has referenced Thursday night footy in a couple of interviews since the announcement, so can only assume he'd be doing special comments for those games.

Would make sense because he could then easily be on Talking Footy on Wednesdays. Fly into Melbourne on a Wednesday and back to Adelaide on a Friday (after doing Thurs night footy), in time for the weekend with the family in Adelaide.

Wouldn't Talking Footy be so much better if the panel was something like this next year:
- James Brayshaw, Kane Cornes, Dale Thomas, Tim Watson + Mitch Cleary (news segment)

Fly into Melbourne on a Wednesday and back to Adelaide on a Friday (after doing Thurs night footy), in time for the weekend with the family in Adelaide.

So they're going to pay him megabucks to do one game, and a mid-week panel show that struggles with its identity.

I'd think they'll try to get him on both Thursday and Friday night games.

And 'Talking Footy' needs to return to Monday nights, if they're serious about doing more/better talk content. Don't hide it mid-week. Get the product right, and take on the competition.

Herald Sun reporting Kane will do special comments on Thursday games with Daisy Thomas. Friday line-up will be unchanged.

Also reporting that a new show will be built around Kane, also featuring Luke Hodge, and will likely air Monday nights up against Footy Classified. Future of Talking Footy is unknown.

Kane going to channel 7 after years of taking the piss out of all their "talent" will certainly make things awkward. A big part of his shtick is having a crack at his competitors. Will he now tone it down against Cotch and Darcy, and ramp things up against the likes of Nathan Brown?

He also had a big beef with Daisy Thomas, so will be interesting if they're side by side on Thursday nights. Daisy has been pretty decent.

Herald Sun reporting Kane will do special comments on Thursday games with Daisy Thomas. Friday line-up will be unchanged.

Also reporting that a new show will be built around Kane, also featuring Luke Hodge, and will likely air Monday nights up against Footy Classified. Future of Talking Footy is unknown.
How can they honestly think Friday night doesn't need a revamp. Everyone I know watches on mute ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Kane on Howie's podcast, Lewis Martin leaving channel 7 opened the door for him to join 7.
I don't feel like the podcast outed Kane as joining Ch7, but I feel like they wanted to announce it ahead of this? Not sure what else they were trying to beat to the buzzer.

I like the idea of an Undisputed-like show on Mondays featuring Cornes and Hodge, followed by TF on Wednesday with a revamped panel (Brayshaw, Cornes + two others, dunno who). TF in its current format is just so bland

Hopefully Lewis Martin was the big problem with their coverage

My favourite from BT last night was his Bizarro Richie Benaud routine when a whole bay of Hawthorn supporters donned wizard hats and beards and it cut to them after a Watson goal. Something like:

"Look at all the wizards! A reference to 'The Wizard' Watson!"

Thanks for explaining that, Brian, I'd be lost without you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back