Ch7 is a sore on the game - it has never been worse than this

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets not forget when Orazio Fantasia and Heppell both said on live television that his last name was pronounced Fanta-sia not Fan-tay-sha and it would be good if they started calling it like that and his response was: "In Italy, it's pronounced 'Fanta-sia'. Guess where we live? Australia. And we call it 'Fan-tay-sha',"

Genuinely just incompetent
Actually they played on triple m him saying in seperate interviews different pronunciations

The umpire mics certainly don’t help - just another random voice being heard making everything noisier and distracting. I don’t think we should have to hear umpires handing over to each other as the ball moves down the field.
"STAND"
"PLAY ON"

"STAND... STAND"
"PLAY ON"

"STAND. THERE'S YOUR MARK. STAND. STAND"
"PLAY ON"

Blissful listening IMO. Turn their mics UP /s

There is very few who are good. Not just callers but the back ups as well. Jonathan Brown, Garry Lyon, Gerrard Healy.... All they do is criticize. Nothing positive ever. Dermy dribbles sh*t, Wayne Carey is dopey. I can only say that Huddo and Brenton Speed are the 2 I enjoy. Brad Johnson is okay as well
Disappointed it took this many comments for someone to bring up the worst of the lot. Dermie!!

Why say in 4 words what can be said in 400?! He is horrendous! Have to mute any game he's involved in

Lets not forget when Orazio Fantasia and Heppell both said on live television that his last name was pronounced Fanta-sia not Fan-tay-sha and it would be good if they started calling it like that and his response was: "In Italy, it's pronounced 'Fanta-sia'. Guess where we live? Australia. And we call it 'Fan-tay-sha',"

That was as arrogant and disrespectful as you’ll ever get.

Stop getting ex-players to do the play by play. It's ridiculous. Commentators like Tim Lane, Cometti or Bruce, they were pros at calling. Now we have BT and Darcy, just seems like jobs for mates and it's ruining the TV spectacle.
The play by play commentary IS the problem.

It is not radio commentary, we can already see all of the handballs...TV doesn't need play by play commentary.

Less is more, two special comments people, perhaps a boundary person if they are going to get actual updates from medical teams etc.

And then perhaps a host to do some of the pregame stuff....but even that should be different, have a central group that does all the pre-post stuff.

At the ground you really only need a team of 3 Max for television commentary.

Screenshot_20210331-100615_Chrome.jpg

That was as arrogant and disrespectful as you’ll ever get.
maybe hes changed it multiple times

But his injury status quickly became secondary when he was asked by a journalist: "When someone stops you at the airport and says, 'What's your name', what do you say?"

"I say Fantasia (Fan-tay-sha), so there it is," he smiled.

"STAND"
"PLAY ON"

"STAND... STAND"
"PLAY ON"

"STAND. THERE'S YOUR MARK. STAND. STAND"
"PLAY ON"

Blissful listening IMO. Turn their mics UP /s
“Todd? Todd? You up? Toby? Toby? Tooobbbyyyyy? OK”

I'm still trying to figure out how to sync the TV with the radio so I don't have to put up with the TV commentary.
Watch it on Foxtel, pause the action till it matches up with whatever radio call you like on AFL Live and enjoy.
Usually have to pause for around 25-30sec's

Some of the people doing the AFLW are pretty good though. It's unfortunate that we have to listen to ex-footballers complain about the state of the game or screech when their former clubs do something well (Darcy, Ling, Richardson).

Don't mind Hodge though, he doesn't seem to stick with the channel 7 narrative of more goals = good football. It's literally propoganda at this point, because for every goal scored, they get to squeeze in more ads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe seems scared to be controversial and just says what he thinks people want to hear - he just wants to be loved - as a result he is very boring.

So many times I see something interesting going on in the game which I'm sure the special commentators will pick up on - but nah, I'm left frustrated

Gets more and more grating each season. Bruce was well past his best, but listening to 'Hame' commentate makes me feel physically sick. Spends 3 hours stating the obvious, giving verbal fellatio to any star player and generally talking rubbish.

I swear he made some kind of asinine comment last Thursday like 'we were talking off air about how good Scott Pendlebury is' - I mean, really?

problem with special comments from players is they are both a) a distraction from the calling of the game and b) not going to the best voices for the game.

TV coverage was awesome with Bruce and Dennis riffing off each other.
They read the play and captured the mood of the moment so well.

2 callers per game. Both with that ability to see and call the game with the mood and emotion coming from it.
How hard is it to find.

Thing for 7 and Fox is, what incentive is there?
People will watch regardless
Even ppl like me, who mute the game and put music on, are still tuning in.

Darcy is the absolute worst
he really is
I don't mind the JB/BT pairing. I know BT gets silly, but he tends to do that when he has a crowd of imbeciles indulging him.
Just sit BT and JB in there, no call outs to Duck, Darce, Lingy or Richo, etc. and tell them to call the game.

Darcy is the reason i mute the game.
The hyperbole he spews nauseates me. Impressive effort when you consider chemo drugs couldn't even do that.

It's a pity the networks deliberately have a 5 or 6 second delay otherwise you could tune into the radio call of your choice. In saying that, on commercial radio just about every mark, kick, handball is sponsored which makes listening even harder than listening to that egotist flog Brayshaw. Cannot stomach that prick.

yep lol. Every game is like Wynston blinds something like that lol

Gets more and more grating each season. Bruce was well past his best, but listening to 'Hame' commentate makes me feel physically sick. Spends 3 hours stating the obvious, giving verbal fellatio to any star player and generally talking rubbish.

I swear he made some kind of asinine comment last Thursday like 'we were talking off air about how good Scott Pendlebury is' - I mean, really?
I get an adverse physical reaction to him too. He's just beyond appalling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch7 is a sore on the game - it has never been worse than this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back