Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stringer link is interesting. Picks wont be a problem for him but he's a pretty greedy dude and I'd assume isnt moving for a cheap contract, even if it is the extra years he's looking for...

Microwaving of memberships a possibility if that goes through

I wasn't overly happy we clogged our list last year with a has-been (questionable he ever was) in Adams, a pure depth player in Hamling while also keeping Francis. Stringer is next step silliness.

Plus, there's a reason Stringer is offered short contracts - he can't be trusted.

Anyway, massive no for me

Salary cap trading will be coming soon and thats going to really make things interesting with deals and what clubs pay
Keeping players moving players and rebuilding.

Clubs like Eagles , Richmond , North will be big players in this area and teams like freo could be the benefit
trade out a 1st rounder to get 600k-700k x 2 years could get that Warner window to open up or Sydney to keep him

Warner will probably extend until free agency now that Fremantle has shown their hand with intentions to commit all their picks in 24 & 25 to pickett and bolton.

By the time Warner is a free agent alot will change and the eagles may be in alot better position in 3 years time and will have cap space thats $5 mil deep

If both Pickett & Bolton are dockers i think it spells the end for Warner to become a docker with the price he will demand being around $1.5 mil 7/8 years

Looks like it's just Bolton so...

That would be devastating for all freo supporters

I know how much they all had their hearts set on Pickett

bloody Melbourne let the kid go and play with his Idol Shai

If Kossie is dead set on going he'd make more noise. We will see come trade week. Brayshaw will cost freo heaps so it helps to retain our future captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to me like if it was in the works they wouldnt of had an offer on the table for Baker the last 2-3 months then when the Pickett thing came up the dockers were all over it. I think if Warner was on the Cards they wouldnt have been into bolton or had the ability to jump on Pickett

Odds are he will stay at Sydney until free agency

* On a side note looking like Ports getting drilled. Just need them out in straight sets

Looks to me like if it was in the works they wouldnt of had an offer on the table for Baker the last 2-3 months then when the Pickett thing came up the dockers were all over it. I think if Warner was on the Cards they wouldnt have been into bolton or had the ability to jump on Pickett

Odds are he will stay at Sydney until free agency

* On a side note looking like Ports getting drilled. Just need them out in straight sets

Win, win for both of us

Freo need to find a way to get another future 1st in. Maybe target the F1st of the lions. That way they have 4 firsts for Chad becuase he's likely to be the first player to be traded for that many.
Why?

He'd be out of contract with at least West Coast, if not both of us, being ahead of them in the PSD. What reason would we have to pay four first rounders? Three is already the most ever paid.

Chad Warner and his manager would be rubbing their hands now with the news of Mac Anfrews massive deal for 9 years
Very likely he gets 8 years next year at $1.5 mil a year

Which team will pay it ?
Will he care if he goes to WA or just take the most cash

Chad Warner and his manager would be rubbing their hands now with the news of Mac Anfrews massive deal for 9 years

Which team will pay it ?
Doubt he takes the deal if offered by a bottom 4 club imo.

Edit I could see him going to West Coast so doubt he takes it if offered by a Non WA- based bottom 4 club.

Last edited:

Which team will pay it ?
Id go 10 year 20 mill for Warner for sure. Just get it over and done with

If I'm the Swans I don't muck around. If he isn't going to sign a long term extension this off season you get the most you possibly can from West Coast or Fremantle. Corey Warner would be in the trade too.

Eagles have #3, a future 1st and whatever from a Barrass trade and an early 2nd rounder.
Fremantle you go for the 3 x 1sts this year and a future 1st.

Personally, I go with a West Coast offer of #3, another first from a Barrass trade and a '25 1st.

With Mac Andrew off the board now a Warner trade might just be the biggest the game has ever seen.

If I'm the Swans I don't muck around. If he isn't going to sign a long term extension this off season you get the most you possibly can from West Coast or Fremantle. Corey Warner would be in the trade too.

Eagles have #3, a future 1st and whatever from a Barrass trade and an early 2nd rounder.
Fremantle you go for the 3 x 1sts this year and a future 1st.

Personally, I go with a West Coast offer of #3, another first from a Barrass trade and a '25 1st.

With Mac Andrew off the board now a Warner trade might just be the biggest the game has ever seen.

4 firsts 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back