Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good question was raised from this though as far as the value of first rounders, especially in a current draft with a known top end of quality midfielders.

If West Coast slapped pick 3 on the table, which gets a club a FOS, SMilie, Draper....whoever from thjat top end group. How many of Freo's current picks does it take to get it?

I dont really know the answer, but it is an interesting experiment in determining actual value of a draft pick. That value is going to differ from club to club based on needs, ther;'s no exact science to it really.

Good question was raised from this though as far as the value of first rounders, especially in a current draft with a known top end of quality midfielders.

If West Coast slapped pick 3 on the table, which gets a club a FOS, SMilie, Draper....whoever from thjat top end group. How many of Freo's current picks does it take to get it?

I dont really know the answer, but it is an interesting experiment in determining actual value of a draft pick. That value is going to differ from club to club based on needs, ther;'s no exact science to it really.

I am going to say I hope Warner stays at the Swans but the question needs to be asked, especially given Warner is young, is what are the odds even with pick 3 are you able to get a player as good as Warner.

I think even with pick 3 the chances of getting someone who can do what Warner does is minimal. You only get one, maybe two players in an entire draft who are of Warner's quality.

I am going to say I hope Warner stays at the Swans but the question needs to be asked, especially given Warner is young, is what are the odds even with pick 3 are you able to get a player as good as Warner.

I think even with pick 3 the chances of getting someone who can do what Warner does is minimal. You only get one, maybe two players in an entire draft who are of Warner's quality.
If Warner was available to Richmond i would happily give up #1 and another top 10 pick

If Warner was available to Richmond i would happily give up #1 and another top 10 pick
I think I wouldnt in Richmond's position. For a club expecting to try and contend in the next little while it would make sense. For Richmond it would be a question if is it worth trading him in for J.Smith (or whoever they think is No.1) + another potential high end talent

They can end up busts of course but it's a lot to pay for a club in Richmond's curent situation

I think I wouldnt in Richmond's position. For a club expecting to try and contend in the next little while it would make sense. For Richmond it would be a question if is it worth trading him in for J.Smith (or whoever they think is No.1) + another potential high end talent

They can end up busts of course but it's a lot to pay for a club in Richmond's curent situation
The chances of #1 pick being as good as Chad would be rare
Looking back at the last 20 #1's

Chad is only 23 and has 10 years left
worth it IMO

But clearly wouldnt happen just spit balling

Why not just wait 12 months and get him for a lot cheaper? You aren’t in a hurry.

1 single high pick gets everything done without a contract as there is no leverage or incentive to pay anything else.

Freo might pay more if WC is willing to swoop with big capital but assuming they can trade up to be in front of WC’s first pick, that becomes the price.

If the player will only go to 1 club, it’s a single top 5-10 pick in value.

Why not just wait 12 months and get him for a lot cheaper? You aren’t in a hurry.

1 single high pick gets everything done without a contract as there is no leverage or incentive to pay anything else.

Freo might pay more if WC is willing to swoop with big capital but assuming they can trade up to be in front of WC’s first pick, that becomes the price.

If the player will only go to 1 club, it’s a single top 5-10 pick in value.
Warner is still woth a top 3 pick even out of contract

Not saying he is Judd but being out of contract teams still pay highly

Warner is still woth a top 3 pick even out of contract

Not saying he is Judd but being out of contract teams still pay highly
So long as the team has two first round picks available, he's worth what that teams has.

Watch Geelong **** over another team this year trading for an out of contract player and refusing to give up the future 1st then remember when DaChad is out of contract next year.

I think he's freo bound this trade period. Reckon they know they dont have the capital to get Pickett and that's why he/his management/Melbourne have come out and implied he'll stay as well. I'd offer Sydney pick 3 and Hawks pick 13 for Warner. But ultimately the player decides where they go it seems.
The story in my head to trick me into believing we are any kind of chance of Sydney saying yes if he requests a trade this year is effectively that Sydney would basically have a choice between pick 9 this year, or likely (though Freo, so who knows) pick 15+ two years down the track. That's a better pick with 2 years of development in a renowned fantastic draft.

Regardless of whether he asks for a trade this year or next, they are getting next years first so that almost doesnt matter.

Would still think Sydney need to win the flag and line up another big name to replace him to have any real chance of letting him go but I'll hold out hope it's a chance anyway.

So long as the team has two first round picks available, he's worth what that teams has.

Watch Geelong **** over another team this year trading for an out of contract player and refusing to give up the future 1st then remember when DaChad is out of contract next year.
Yep thats Geelong

Karma will hit them just before Tassie enter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The story in my head to trick me into believing we are any kind of chance of Sydney saying yes if he requests a trade this year is effectively that Sydney would basically have a choice between pick 9 this year, or likely (though Freo, so who knows) pick 15+ two years down the track. That's a better pick with 2 years of development in a renowned fantastic draft.

Regardless of whether he asks for a trade this year or next, they are getting next years first so that almost doesnt matter.

Would still think Sydney need to win the flag and line up another big name to replace him to have any real chance of letting him go but I'll hold out hope it's a chance anyway.
I cant see Sydney in their window allowing a gun like DaChad leaving
Draft picks or the difference between 9 and 16 of 1 of the picks would out weigh the chance to win a flag in 25 along with the possibility of convincing him to stay. i would rate him leaving this year less than 10% and i think the eagles will 100% be going all out for him with massive $$$ and would have the picks

The chances of #1 pick being as good as Chad would be rare
Looking back at the last 20 #1's

Chad is only 23 and has 10 years left
worth it IMO

But clearly wouldnt happen just spit balling
Yep. Correct and the kicker is you would have him locked into a long term deal, unlike recently drafted players.

We dont want to trade out Bolton - He wants to leave
not sure whats strange
He's contracted till 2028, so hold him to the contract if you dont want to trade him. You are obviously bluffing to push up the price of the players you want to offload. It's strange you think it is not 100% transparent.

He's contracted till 2028, so hold him to the contract if you dont want to trade him. You are obviously bluffing to push up the price of the players you want to offload. It's strange you think it is not 100% transparent.
Why would i be bluffin ??
Even with picks 10 & 11 what are the chances you get 150 games from either then they have to be as good as Shai Bolton
its just as easy to end up with scully / trengove Cox/Perkins Clark/Coffield

Its boltons wish to leave and could you explain how me posting on bigfooty pushes up his price

Why would i be bluffin ??
Even with picks 10 & 11 what are the chances you get 150 games from either then they have to be as good as Shai Bolton
its just as easy to end up with scully / trengove Cox/Perkins Clark/Coffield

Its boltons wish to leave and could you explain how me posting on bigfooty pushes up his price
Shai Bolton is like Des Headland, looks good in a premiership team but actually an average player. That's why he went pick 29 in a weak draft. He is already 26 and declining in output, a new team would potentially get 140 games of similar level at a very high price in terms of salary. You can take that, or 2 chances (9, 10/15) of selecting young players with unpredictable quality, who may play 300 or 0 be better or worse, and cost less in terms of salary. I like Richmonds choice to attempt to trade this contracted player, so logically I would not like my clubs choice if it is the other side of the trade.

explain how me posting on bigfooty pushes up his price
Human mind adjusts to exposed inputs, public opinion is a remote form of exposing ideas to the cognitive centres that actually make the call.

I think he's freo bound this trade period. Reckon they know they dont have the capital to get Pickett and that's why he/his management/Melbourne have come out and implied he'll stay as well. I'd offer Sydney pick 3 and Hawks pick 13 for Warner. But ultimately the player decides where they go it seems.

In 3 years time Warner and Reid would be a scary combination.

I very very much hope we do not lose Warner though. I love what he does.

Fremantle and West Coast both prioritise Western Australian talent if they can. I still can't quite believe they both missed Warner.
You need to stop listening to the victorian media because west coast have rarely prioritised west australian talent, go back and look at our first round picks over the years. Nobody tipped Warner to be as good as he's become including Sydney who picked Stephens and Gould ahead of him in the same draft. We unfortunately didn't have the chance to take him as we traded our picks away that season for Tim Kelly which in hindsight hasn't quite worked out the way we would've liked but was an understandable decision the year after winning a flag.

You need to stop listening to the victorian media because west coast have rarely prioritised west australian talent, go back and look at our first round picks over the years. Nobody tipped Warner to be as good as he's become including Sydney who picked Stephens and Gould ahead of him in the same draft. We unfortunately didn't have the chance to take him as we traded our picks away that season for Tim Kelly which in hindsight hasn't quite worked out the way we would've liked but was an understandable decision the year after winning a flag.

I just did a very quick look at West Coast's current list and you seem to have at least 20 players on your list from WA. Nothing wrong with that, but it definitely implies West Coast prioritises drafting from Western Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back