Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans would want 6 1st rounders to give Warner up before 2025. Not happening, even if if Chad Warner wanted it

Swans would want 6 1st rounders to give Warner up before 2025. Not happening, even if if Chad Warner wanted it
Maybe not quiet this, but there is no chance we let go of a contracted Chad Warner for a "fair" deal.

If the goal is to win premierships and our window is currently open, our chances are infinitely better in 2025 with Chad Warner in the team vs Pick 3 (who likely wouldn't even make the starting team).

The deal would have to be stupid overs for us to even consider it.

Maybe not quiet this, but there is no chance we let go of a contracted Chad Warner for a "fair" deal.

If the goal is to win premierships and our window is currently open, our chances are infinitely better in 2025 with Chad Warner in the team vs Pick 3 (who likely wouldn't even make the starting team).

7 1st rounders?

If I'm the Swans I don't muck around. If he isn't going to sign a long term extension this off season you get the most you possibly can from West Coast or Fremantle. Corey Warner would be in the trade too.

Eagles have #3, a future 1st and whatever from a Barrass trade and an early 2nd rounder.
Fremantle you go for the 3 x 1sts this year and a future 1st.

Personally, I go with a West Coast offer of #3, another first from a Barrass trade and a '25 1st.

With Mac Andrew off the board now a Warner trade might just be the biggest the game has ever seen.

So pick 3.

Likely another bottom 3 pick.

Pick 13.

So picks 3, 2025 pick 3 and 13 for Warner?

Pfffftt. So more than Judd after winning a Brownlow and premiership captain?

Think you are over valuing him.

Try pick 3 plus Eagles F1st for Warner and Swans F 2nd.

Two top 3 picks is overs hence the F2nd coming back.

Even if he chose WC, them paying for him this year would be really poor list management. There's no rush on their end and when they are bottom 4 again next year, that pick gets it done by itself. Why double the cost when you're not competing any time soon and have plenty of list holes still to fill?

Even if he chose WC, them paying for him this year would be really poor list management. There's no rush on their end and when they are bottom 4 again next year, that pick gets it done by itself. Why double the cost when you're not competing any time soon and have plenty of list holes still to fill?

Well for one thing you can't be sure that if he has an extra year at Sydney he does not decide he is happy here.

Yep, the swans are smart enough to let the contract play out next year.

Another year of Chad and helping them play for another flag next year is significantly more valuable any extra they could get for him being contracted vs not.

I’d reason that by the end of next year if he decides to leave, both WA clubs would still offer the world in draft picks for him.

Yep, the swans are smart enough to let the contract play out next year.

Another year of Chad and helping them play for another flag next year is significantly more valuable any extra they could get for him being contracted vs not.

I’d reason that by the end of next year if he decides to leave, both WA clubs would still offer the world in draft picks for him.

Swans are likely a little gun shy there though as we got completely burnt in the Dawson trade to Adelaide because of the threat of him entering the PSD.

Last edited:
Well for one thing you can't be sure that if he has an extra year at Sydney he does not decide he is happy here.
For double the cost when you dont get drafting concessions and need every pick you can take? That is surely a risk they will take.

A fair cost though. Sydney would not be asking for more than Warner is worth.
I dont think WC are in a position they can do that but if they want to give up "fair prices" for Warner and Baker with the holes on their list then all the power to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No im a old kent

You Dont Say GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back