Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why I think eagles have the best chance this year......say pick 3,13 and a future 1st could get it done
To say that trade would be overs would be a massive understatement, thats more than Judd got lmao.

As ive said in here before, something like 3+wce f1 for Warner+18+swans f1 gets the Swans attention(should get it done) but they probably turn it down to chase a premiership in 2025

My guess is that this doesn't happen this year unless the Dockers or the Eagles pay significant overs regardless of whether or not we win the flag or Warner asks for a trade this year.

The Swans have history in holding players to their contracts unless they get what they want and Warner isn't a free agent until 2027, so while the Swans might get less for him next year when he's out of contract, they would still get a good deal and he'd still be an important piece in pursuit of a flag in 2025 (hopefully a second consecutive flag!). Taking a slightly lesser, but still good, deal next year seems to be worth the extra year of Warner in the side. It seems like the Swans players are all pretty tight knit so I guess they would probably be working on him to stay in Sydney for the next 12 months.

If the Eagles offered #3 this year, and their own future 1st next year which will also likely be a top 3 pick, then I think the Swans would discuss it, but my guess is that would probably be the starting point for any trade negotiations this year and anything less than that would be declined without thought.

Should be a good watch next season though.

My guess is that this doesn't happen this year unless the Dockers or the Eagles pay significant overs regardless of whether or not we win the flag or Warner asks for a trade this year.

The Swans have history in holding players to their contracts unless they get what they want and Warner isn't a free agent until 2027, so while the Swans might get less for him next year when he's out of contract, they would still get a good deal and he'd still be an important piece in pursuit of a flag in 2025 (hopefully a second consecutive flag!). Taking a slightly lesser, but still good, deal next year seems to be worth the extra year of Warner in the side. It seems like the Swans players are all pretty tight knit so I guess they would probably be working on him to stay in Sydney for the next 12 months.

If the Eagles offered #3 this year, and their own future 1st next year which will also likely be a top 3 pick, then I think the Swans would discuss it, but my guess is that would probably be the starting point for any trade negotiations this year and anything less than that would be declined without thought.

Should be a good watch next season though.
Not that I see this happening but Warner OOC 2025 could possibly walk through the pre season draft for nothing if WCE finish bottom. This could put pressure on the swans to do the deal. Again i don’t think Warner would go through the PSD even if he could

Not that I see this happening but Warner OOC 2025 could possibly walk through the pre season draft for nothing if WCE finish bottom. This could put pressure on the swans to do the deal. Again i don’t think Warner would go through the PSD even if he could

I guess he could, that mechanism is certainly available to players. But considering how rarely it gets used it doesn't seem particularly realistic.

I don't think the Swans would entertain such a threat this year if it meant taking a fair price while still contracted. If that were the case then we would see it happen a lot more often, especially with elite players.

But, I could be wrong. I'm just guessing after all. Trade Period starts in a few weeks anyway so we'll find out soon enough.

To say that trade would be overs would be a massive understatement, thats more than Judd got lmao.

As ive said in here before, something like 3+wce f1 for Warner+18+swans f1 gets the Swans attention(should get it done) but they probably turn it down to chase a premiership in 2025
You can say it all you want, the Swans will refuse to take future calls if you suggest that. If things turn to shit and Warner improves you, then that future 1st swap could be negligible or heaven forbid inverse - you don't risk that for known quality. We also have academy players next year, zero chance we trade a future out.

3, 13, future 1st for Warner and our 18+19. That's where I think the value proposition lies, if it was to happen this year.

You can say it all you want, the Swans will refuse to take future calls if you suggest that. If things turn to shit and Warner improves you, then that future 1st swap could be negligible or heaven forbid inverse - you don't risk that for known quality. We also have academy players next year, zero chance we trade a future out.

3, 13, future 1st for Warner and our 18+19. That's where I think the value proposition lies, if it was to happen this year.
In a years time youll get that F1 alone. What I suggested values Warner at a top 4 pick plus a top 10 pick. Thats a HUGE price, nothing close has been seen since Chris Judd, and Warner is no Chris Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back