Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is still a chance that Warner stays at Sydney, but the noise is pretty big from the WA about him coming home.
A lot of people criticized what the Eagles did this trade period, but their picks next year make them in prime position over Freo in getting a deal done.

Noise was big on Logan McDonald last season as well.

Taking everything with a grain of salt for the moment.

I really don't understand this logic about picks. Short of some miracle, they are finishing bottom 4 and can just hand over a top 4 pick. Like Baker and Houston last trade period, WC could have picks 1 through 10 and it wouldn't matter if Warner picked Freo.

The reasoning from Barrett in particular was excruciatingly stupid trying to justify what WC did. At the most you could say getting mature players to make themselves more competitive will help convincing Warner but then they also traded Barrass...
It matters, because managers & clubs get in contact about acquiring a player, they want to know how the deal would get done what picks they would use. players don't like putting their necks on the line & nominating a club & it not getting done.

It matters, because managers & clubs get in contact about acquiring a player, they want to know how the deal would get done what picks they would use. players don't like putting their necks on the line & nominating a club & it not getting done.
Do you think out of contract that WC need more than access to their own firsts? Secondly to that, do you think Sydney would be able to tell Freo they can't get a deal done with access to up to 3 1sts?

Last edited:

Do you think out of contract that WC need more than access to their own firsts? Secondly to that, do you think Sydney would be able to Freo they can't get a deal done with access to up to 3 1sts?
Freo can get the deal doe and the picks will be sufficient with 2 year future trading coming in
I cant see fremantle having the cap space to get this done and Warner will be on massive coin
unless they off load player like$1.-3mill plus type

Freo can get the deal doe and the picks will be sufficient with 2 year future trading coming in
I cant see fremantle having the cap space to get this done and Warner will be on massive coin
unless they off load player like$1.-3mill plus type
Capspace is 100% a massive issue. If it was Carlton I would be checking the paper bags. I've always thought it insane we could get both Bolton and Warner and it's large reason why I'd actually rather Pickett if I could. The club definitely have him as priority number 1 though, maybe they plan on booting out Darcy

The picks thing irks me though but I blame Barrett as much as anyone talking absolute dribble on trade radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back