Toast Chad Wingard Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

My fav Chad moment was when he sold candy twice and kicked a goal at the old scoreboard end against Hawthorn making Shaun Burgoyne look like a park footballer in the process, it's a shame he'll go down as a 'coulda been' in some respects.

Looking at his career, he clearly struggled with injuries and dropped off after what was a meteoric rise to start his career.

PAFC - 7 years - 147 games - 232 goals
Hawks - 6 years - 71 games - 68 goals

I'll never forget how exciting a player he was in 2013 and how he gave me hope in this club after what was a horrible period in our history.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Chad
My wife became a power footy fan because of you.
Always felt port/ hawks wanted him to evolve into a gun mid so he put on weight but should have been happy to just play him as a mercurial forward
Something similar happening with Rankine now

Who cares if he liked Fortnite? I'm still pissed the way Chad was mismanaged, as he wasn't a 'shirts off bro down' club member. I hope he's around the club a lot once the greyhound killer is finally out the door. If he wants to change his mind, I'd still rookie him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame that only Port people for 99% of the time understand just how good he was at his peak, he truly was a once in a generation prospect that put bums on seats (then lifted them out of the seats to jump and cheer for him).

Seeing the 2014 mark of the year in person is one of my best football memories. Not just the mark but the atmosphere, we really had something incredibly special and positive going on at that time and Chad was a big part of it, in the cake and the icing and the cherry on top.

Lol all I've done is make an observation about WINGARD... have a look at his career pre tatts and post tatts.

Yeah but it's a pretty big speculation lol.. I just don't see how a player changes that much due to tattoos

I think most people tend to think that Chad peaked too early and then was not willing to put in the work year after year to get back to that level (i,e he was not properly motivated)

Who cares if he liked Fortnite? I'm still pissed the way Chad was mismanaged, as he wasn't a 'shirts off bro down' club member. I hope he's around the club a lot once the greyhound killer is finally out the door. If he wants to change his mind, I'd still rookie him next year.
Was he me mismanaged though? Look how things panned out under Clarko, best coach of all time.

The 2014 mark of the year and the goal against Freo in the 2014 semi were his two best individual plays but that 2013 showdown performance was his best ever game, in just his second year, he basically single handedly won us that game and got us into finals for the first time in 6 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Chad Wingard Retires