Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

No worries at all...We'll simply pick him up for a freebie in 2019 & you'll have missed your target in Rankine....No skin off our noses.

We'll also keep a hold of Burton & our first round pick for this years super-draft.
Then why is Hawthorn even trying to do a deal this year?
Maybe other clubs are interested in the 2018 draft as well and would love to throw cash at Wingard next year?
Maybe Chad will get the contract he wants and happy to stay at Port just as Hartlett has?
Maybe Hawthorn wont look such an attractive proposition IF they start dropping down the ladder after this years impressive effort?
All maybe's but if you are trying to get a contracted player out of a club...

Yeah, he’s average, not sure why Hawthorn would even want him....
Don't get all emotional - I'm just presenting a set of opinions from people who aren't Port or Hawthorn supporters to try and get a better sense of what the price should be.

"Yeah he's average" really isn't the point I'm making. It's more a sign that you think I'm criticising or playing down Wingard's value when really, all I'm doing is presenting a set of facts. It's a bit weird really.

Being in the top 100 players or thereabouts is still pretty good. It means you're likely to be in the top 5 or 6 of your club. Where has Wingard finished in the BnF the last few years? I googled but can only find who actually won, not the placings.

Ah, the troubles of a spoon-fed generation.

Pick Points
4.….2,034
7….1,644
Point don’t mean nothing really. There just to give an estimation of a picks value.
It’s all about what each team needs and who will be available. Idk what GC recruiters are saying they need in the draft but if that’s suits them then yeah. If they prefer the considered by most as the high end talent of Luko etc.

You’ve had this explained to you.

You weren’t his first choice this time, you probably won’t be next year

He is a rfa. Getting him for free isn’t a given.

If you miss out on a huge trade target because you couldn’t complete a trade for him when your whole motus operandi is building a team through trading excellent players in that is skin off your nose

That will reflect on hawthorn in the future when players think about where they want to be traded

I know you will try to deny this but it is fact.

Um, he's nominated us.....Are you having trouble with facts?

Point don’t mean nothing really. There just to give an estimation of a picks value.
It’s all about what each team needs and who will be available. Idk what GC recruiters are saying they need in the draft but if that’s suits them then yeah. If they prefer the considered by most as the high end talent of Luko etc.

They mean everything when the player you're coveting requires that you secure enough points to garner the pick necessary to land them.

Then why is Hawthorn even trying to do a deal this year?
Maybe other clubs are interested in the 2018 draft as well and would love to throw cash at Wingard next year?
Maybe Chad will get the contract he wants and happy to stay at Port just as Hartlett has?
Maybe Hawthorn wont look such an attractive proposition IF they start dropping down the ladder after this years impressive effort?
All maybe's but if you are trying to get a contracted player out of a club...

You're the mob whose been shopping him around!

Don't get all emotional - I'm just presenting a set of opinions from people who aren't Port or Hawthorn supporters to try and get a better sense of what the price should be.

"Yeah he's average" really isn't the point I'm making. It's more a sign that you think I'm criticising or playing down Wingard's value when really, all I'm doing is presenting a set of facts. It's a bit weird really.

Being in the top 100 players or thereabouts is still pretty good. It means you're likely to be in the top 5 or 6 of your club. Where has Wingard finished in the BnF the last few years? I googled but can only find who actually won, not the placings.

If you’re just presenting opinions, why aren’t you presenting the opinions the hawthorn recruiting staff would be considering in their chase for him.

Pick 15 gets you the pick you require to land Rankine....You also get a great kid in Burton.

You're the mob that needs pick 4, not us.
How does pick 15 get pick 4?.. Is it when you add it to pick 10 as you have suggested in prior posts?

If so, then sorry but no it doesnt.

Because no ones even certain that St kilda will trade pick 4 for a start..

And if they do they will trade it to Adelaide for picks 8 and 13 or 8 and 16 before only getting picks 10 and 15 for it..

So port would have to use 6 and 15.. and that would be utterly ridiculous... because it would mean that they wouldve used picks
6, 11, 15, 23, 30 and 49 all to get just pick 4...

Now that would be the single worst decision in the history of sport.

If you’re just presenting opinions, why aren’t you presenting the opinions the hawthorn recruiting staff would be considering in their chase for him.
2 reasons:
1. I'm bringing in opinions from parties that ARE NOT involved emotionally or part of the deal itself.
2. If I presented every opinion that was possible it would be an extremely long post. So instead I'm trying to find the prominent opinions from observers of the game.

The aim is to try and make this discussion more objective. Your response is to try and introduce more subjectivity. Again, a bit weird.

the comparison should be Tom Doedee and Pick 15, seeing as Doedee finished 2nd in the RS.

Yeah and Chad Wingard was AA 2 years ago, doesn’t mean shit if you are a spud the next year which Burton was all year.

I actually thought he was injured but looked and he played nearly every game. Must’ve just been so unoticeable and obviously the coaches (who know more than the fans) rated him poorly.

Forget finishing in Robbo’s top 50, Burton didn’t even finish in Hawks top 18 in their b n f hahaha.

Last edited:
No worries at all...We'll simply pick him up for a freebie in 2019 & you'll have missed your target in Rankine....No skin off our noses.

We'll also keep a hold of Burton & our first round pick for this years super-draft.

If Port choose to not trade him and keep him this year, he won’t go to Hawthorn in free agency. He’s being pushed out so you can bet if he stays he’ll have a super year and we’ll re-sign him especially when he wants to stay at Port and is being told to explore his options or come back to Port and sort himself out with his attitude and football preparation.

The super draft ends at about pick 10 as every astute person has said. The 11-30 guys are a lottery for whoever your club prefers. There’s quite a few stand outs then a drop off this year.

If Port choose to not trade him and keep him this year, he won’t go to Hawthorn in free agency. He’s being pushed out so you can bet if he stays he’ll have a super year and we’ll re-sign him especially when he wants to stay at Port and is being told to explore his options or come back to Port and sort himself out with his attitude and football preparation.

The super draft ends at about pick 10 as every astute person has said. The 11-30 guys are a lottery for whoever your club prefers. There’s quite a few stand outs then a drop off this year.

He's being pushed out so that you guys can get Rankine.....end of.

Rankine won't be available in the 2019 Draft, last I checked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's being pushed out so that you guys can get Rankine.....end of.

Rankine won't be available in the 2019 Draft, last I checked.

Exactly, so if he isn’t pushed out and traded this year to get Rankine you won’t get him next year.

Wingard > Rankine so i’d prefer to know we’ll keep him and be the favourites to re-sign him next year instead of getting Rankine.

Wherever he plays next year he’s in for a huge year either way, a lot of people obviously missed his last 12 weeks in the midfield.

Agreed no way a club like Saints give up pick 4 for 10 & 15 and miss out on Max King.

I can see GC giving up 3 for 6 & 11/15.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

They mean everything when the player you're coveting requires that you secure enough points to garner the pick necessary to land them.
Why do GC need points?
They’ll assess what they need and want and who they think they can get at each of 3, 10 & 15 and see if they like a swap or not.

Agreed no way a club like Saints give up pick 4 for 10 & 15 and miss out on Max King.

I can see GC giving up 3 for 6 & 11/15.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm fairly certain that Gold Coast have already settled on Lukosius & Rozee.

Why do GC need points?
They’ll assess what they need and want and who they think they can get at each of 3, 10 & 15 and see if they like a swap or not.

I wasn't referencing the Gold Coast....Pick 4 should get you Rankine....But pick 6 likely won't.

The points for picks 10 & 15 combined fall slightly short of pick 3, but leave an extra 250 with pick 4....That makes them attractive.

Ah, the troubles of a spoon-fed generation.

Pick Points
4.….2,034
7….1,644
Again, what do points have to do with It?

No one is looking for points for an academy player are they?

Every draft is different and just because you have a few points up your sleeve does not necessarily mean a club will trade out a top pick.

So which club do you think will trade a top pick for 10 and 15?

I wasn't referencing the Gold Coast....Pick 4 should get you Rankine....But pick 6 likely won't.

The points for picks 10 & 15 combined fall slightly short of pick 3, but leave an extra 250 with pick 4....That makes them attractive.
Point still stands.
You could look at it this way.
They are only gaining pick 52 points worth to move down the ladder below that super 7 or great 8.

Um, he's nominated us.....Are you having trouble with facts?

The reports were his first choice was the dogs but they baulked at the price.

He then chose hawks. Apparently dogs are still in the picture.

Not only is he not guaranteed to walk to hawks next year it’s pretty unlikely he does. That’s not a risk your club wants to take

Whatever you think about chad hawthorn have been wild about him since forever.

I wonder if Carlton would take picks 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55,56,57,58,59 etc etc for pick 1...

I mean the combined value adds up to around pick 1 right...

StKilda wont be bidding on FS/Aacademy players so whats worth more points is 4 or 10+15 is irrelevant.

Doubt port offer up 10 as part of the Wingard deal.

A combination of players and picks 15, Your Future first and a player for 4 and a future pick back (2nd or 3rd) Could get you pick 4 points being irrelevant (but as your're trading up you'd probably have to pay a premium....but again points are irrelevant here).

What would matter to StKilda them is the ability to on trade that future first, say Patton and a future 3rd still leaving them with a first in this years draft.
What matters to you guys is getting a Pick to send over with Burton that PAFC would accept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back