Unofficial Preview Changes for Grand Final - West Coast v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

It's actually not a bad idea. Clangermakers, Gunsten, Hale, Roughead all in the F50 and if they can get enough quick supply with Rioli lurking it will be tough for our backs.
Need more rucks to be successful. Who plays 3rd or 4th ruckman?

Seriously though, I think it plays right into our hands having lots of talks and less runners. We haven't been beaten by height, we've been beaten by quick delivery over the back to an open forward line. Clog the forward line with height, I ain't scared.

Seriously though, I think it plays right into our hands having lots of talks and less runners. We haven't been beaten by height, we've been beaten by quick delivery over the back to an open forward line. Clog the forward line with height, I ain't scared.

Yeah maybe. I think they are really going to try and get as many 1v1 as they can but if their mids can't keep up we might be ok.
I thought Hartung was stiff. He was one of their best against Freo, means one less gut runner I guess.

Very true.

Yeah maybe. I think they are really going to try and get as many 1v1 as they can but if their mids can't keep up we might be ok.
I thought Hartung was stiff. He was one of their best against Freo, means one less gut runner I guess.
Really? He had 5 disposals. You're thinking of Duryea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'm sure the aim against us is to get as many 1 on 1s as possible, but that's really tough because we move as many players as possible to the most dangerous spot. What I've loved watching about the Web this year is how many times a player has taken a risk to leave a player or a space and aggressively attack a contest. Often, the intention is not to cause a turnover, but just apply pressure to a possession so that the recipient cannot take it cleanly, and that in turn allows our next defender to rotate around and hold the ball up or cause a turnover.

How many times does it look like they have an extra number running back into an open 50 arc, but we get just enough pressure to force a kick towards the pocket and it reaches the target on the bounce, allowing us enough time to cover the ground. Absolutely love watching it.

WALLABIES v ENGLAND

1. Scott Sio

2. Stephen Moore (captain)

3. Sekope Kepu

4. Rob Simmons

5. Kane Douglas

6. Scott Fardy

7. Michael Hooper

8. David Pocock

9. Will Genia

10. Bernard Foley

11. Rob Horne