Preview Changes for Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Gee, that felt good to say that. We are in a Grand Final.

IN: Presti
OUT: Nate Brown

If Bally does not come up, Leon goes forward and Beams plays more midfield.

Nate is very unlucky and Presti hasn't played for some weeks, but he'll be as fresh as a Daisy. If he had have played last night, he could secome to the 2nd time up soreness this week and struggled bigtime.

I like Goldy manic pursuit of the man in our defensive structure no matter where he plays. I would keep him in.

I really hate this now, we are all but guaranteed to have at least one change, if not too.

Here's how I'd pick it;

Ins: Presti, Davis (if Ball is injured)
Out: N.Brown, Ball (if inj)

It's so harsh on Nate, he has been bloody good over the last 4-5 games, but Presti is Presti, and he can shut down Kosi completely, and can restrict Riewoldt if required.

All Nate could do is restrict Kosi, I seriously doubt he could go with Riewoldt in a GF.

We will win no matter what team we pick, so for those who miss out, it will be shattering.

Ah, the toughest selection week of all but, one any coach or supporter gladly embraces.

My thoughts:

Forget Presti at our own peril perhaps but, he has missed too much footy now for mine, having said that, he is about the only one I am comfortable to see playing on Revolt (sic) should it come to pass. I don't expect to see Presti get the nod but, of course if he did, Nate Brown would be the unlucky one.

Ball, if he goes out -and surely he will miss on the evidence despite Mick's comments- then Leon comes in and Beams indeed goes Mid rotation. If Leon's leg problems are worse than stated it could be a dog fight between Medders and Locks for the GF slot.

Blair and Goldy should also be toey this week, Blair had an ordinary night in a big win and Goldy was pretty good but is still very much on the fringe. Both could end up not having to sweat too much if Ball indeed doesn't come up and -heaven forbid- DT gets the cruelest of holidays.

in the wash up we will almost certainly have one and may have two changes forced upon us: Out: Ball, Thomas, In: Lockyer, Davis.

I think Presti will only be given consideration IF its St. Kilda, (which is should be) but, Ried on Rooey and Brown on Kosi doesn't sound too bad to me.

IN: Simon Prestigiacomo, Leon Davis, Paul Medhurst (if ball is injured)
OUT: Nathan Brown, Tyson Goldsack, Luke Ball (if injured)

I really hate this now, we are all but guaranteed to have at least one change, if not too.

Here's how I'd pick it;

Ins: Presti, Davis (if Ball is injured)
Out: N.Brown, Ball (if inj)

It's so harsh on Nate, he has been bloody good over the last 4-5 games, but Presti is Presti, and he can shut down Kosi completely, and can restrict Riewoldt if required.

All Nate could do is restrict Kosi, I seriously doubt he could go with Riewoldt in a GF.

We will win no matter what team we pick, so for those who miss out, it will be shattering.

Careful. We dont want to count the chickens too early.

In: Presti, Davis, Medhurst(depending on ball)
Out: N.Brown, Goldsack, Ball (depending on injury)

Presti in for N Brown. Presti is ultra-reliable & will do his job, whoever he plays on. Tough for Browny, but he'll improve in the coming years.

Davis for Ball, if Bally is injured. Otherwise, no other changes.

Presti deserves a grand final after all he has done for the club over the years. He can then (if he is ready to finish) retire with the ultimate achievement behind him ala' Shane Crawford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are going to be some broken hearts sadly. I'm completely stumped as to what I'd do, I trust Mick's judgement at the moment.

In Presti and Davis
Out N.Brown and Goldsack

That's my thoughts, especially if we play St Kilda. Nate has been good the last 4 weeks but the point of difference St Kilda has is Riewoldt and he stands as the one we need to shut down to secure the flag. For that reason we have to go to Presti if he is fit, the same way the Dogs have gone to Morris this week.

That said, I would take the gamble and start Reid on Riewoldt but have Presti there to take over quickly should Roo get off the chain early on. I think Reid suits as a match up but not 100% sure he is ready for it yet and I do not want to be forced to sacrifice Maxwell.

Goldsack was OK but the forward line pressure will be crucial to shut down Gilbert and Fisher off half back so Leon comes in if fit.

Brown plays on Kosi - comfortable with this
Reid plays on Riewoldt - comfortable with this as Roo isn't a body player

Isn't that obvious to everyone?

Leon should come back in because they don't have a match up for him without possibly Baker, and playing Baker would be good for us.

Goldsack out, can't see what position he plays, midfield? No.

IN: Leon
OUT: Goldy

Presti has to come in.

Collingwood 2 points up, 20 seconds left, Goddard bombs the ball into the goal square.

Would you rather see Presti or Brown on Riewoldt?

Edit. At above, Reid/Brown will get exposed if Riewoldt goes deep forward.

This is the grand-final, you don't just go "oh Brown won't have to play on Riewoldt, Reid has got Riewoldt covered."
You play your best stopper, full stop.

In: Presti, Davis
Out: Brown, Blair

Blair played the majority of last nights game up forward and i think Davis is a better forward option than Blair. Hard call but it is a Grand Final.

Brown would be extremely unlucky to miss out. Has done very well on Kozi in the past so im not really fussed. Mick will do his magic and take us there!

if presti is fit and ready to go he will play. no question about it. brown out.
blair was ordinary last night, does he make way for davis or lockyer even?
will daisy get done over (i hope not).
will all depend on who we play and team balance.

IN: Presti and Davis
Out: N.Brown and Goldsack.

These have to be the changes, in a Grand Final we need the experience of Presti and the assurance he provides, whilst Leon has a huge point to prove after '02 and '03/Goldsack wasn't at his best...

Also as tough as it may be for Brown, it could just be what is required. We win, Presti plays, he will retire. The door then becomes open for Brown next year to play whereas I could see Presti going on another year if he doesn't play/we win this year.

For me no changes for the Grand Final

leave it as it is... a Saturday afternoon game at the MCG , could not stand a night GF either:rolleyes:

Firstly, congratulations on the win guys. Thoroughly deserved and the scoreboard flattered Geelong. It will be an awesome effort to match the Pies, if they dish up the same level of intensity next Saturday.

Secondly, I would be shocked if Leon was named this week. He chose to rehab his injury by hitting White Bar on Chapel St last night. I know this because I saw him there with my own eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back