Prediction Changes for Round 5 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So reading this, expecting Yeo and Kelly to play. Shuey a maybe but not set in stone.

Gaff another week or so.

Cripps available but has had no match practice so I hope not. I smell credits in the bank and he normally comes in and plays crap for 2 weeks without going through the Magoos. Petch a likely non started - perhaps WAFL and Edwards probably some time given it was a re-aggravation.

Oscar an outside chance but please just take him slowly and no rucking please..

Devon Robertson kicking away in the 2s
Erasmus has played 2 games
Amiss hasn’t played a game
Sheldrick hasn’t played a game
I give you cripps

rich, NN, L.McDonald etc all played WAFL League before being drafted and all much safer bets than everyone you listed. You concentrate on naming some players playing WAFL League as 18 yo’s who were drafted in the first round and didn’t become solid AFL players rather than fighting with emotion. It’s a floor in your makeup Miguel. It’s why ziad always had the last laugh
d
Where were you and why werent you a recruiter when some brain decided Gerrick Weedon was a better option than Mitch Duncan who played a year of league football.
jack darling,mark hutchings,mitch duncan,sam pepper powell,joel corey all played wafl league before being drafted.easier to see if they can step up to the afl.

*flaw.

Deven Robertson doesn’t count because he’s toiling away in the 2s. Logan McDonald a much safer bet.

Umm…?

Logan McDonald has kicked 9 goals in 7 games playing as a key forward, and is stuck behind one of the greatest key forwards the game has ever seen, in a team that finished with the same wins as the team finishing 4th last year.

He came equal second in the league goal kicking as an underage player. If you think Logan McDonald is not a good player and is not going to be a gun, even googley eyes O’Brien will be telling you to get down to spec savers and give up on the podcast career

Last edited:
Strnadica over B.Williams to replace Naitanui for me.

A Strnadica / Dixon combination in the ruck, whilst obviously technically inferior to Naitanui, presents as one of the best for ground coverage by the club since Cox retired.

Stack the midfield and run the opposition into the ground becomes a genuine option for the club now.

Not only has he been in career best form over that time, he’s been durable. He’d played 42 of a possible 44 games up to last week. Missed one game this year with Covid and was managed for one game late in 2020 when we had 5 games in basically three weeks.

But yeah, everyone here with their advanced degrees in sports science from Couch University should be telling him what to do with his body.
Everyone here has an advanced football degree from Couch University? Sports science is on the same campus, just around the corner, near the coffee table and the labrador dog asleep on the rug.
Clearly if Nic's weight was a real concern, he is surrounded by experts and coaches and would be getting good advice and updates and tests...what we think or say means diddly-squat!
Am just having a dig at his spare tyre - some lite-hearted banter.
Re your stats above, he still looks slow and sluggish? - yet he still has an impact, all you can ask for?
Wouldn't dare ask him to lose weight? God forbid, what was I thinking, wash my mouth?

Last edited:
Re: Kelly, Shuey and Yeo possible ins.

Only two of for me - still have too many nightmares resulting from wholesale WB changes of 2021.

Midfielder 1 for Edwards (inj)
Midfielder 2 for Hough/Foley - Nelson back to HBF.

Williams for NN.

That’s it for me (other injuries/Covid) aside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So reading this, expecting Yeo and Kelly to play. Shuey a maybe but not set in stone.

Gaff another week or so.

Cripps available but has had no match practice so I hope not. I smell credits in the bank and he normally comes in and plays crap for 2 weeks without going through the Magoos. Petch a likely non started - perhaps WAFL and Edwards probably some time given it was a re-aggravation.

Oscar an outside chance but please just take him slowly and no rucking please..
They showed Gaff on the news tonight limping off the training track after about 15 minutes. Would be surprised if he comes good by next week.
Actually wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a stress fracture and out for 3 months the way this year has gone

This bloke’s come back from two knee injuries, played 42/44 games and played at an absolute elite level in that time. It’s pretty damn remarkable for someone his size to do that.

Now he’s suffered a medial injury in a ruck contest, a fairly common injury for rucks, and people are criticising the way he’s maintained his body over that period.

I just think it’s shithouse, personally.

If it was a 184cm midfielder carrying skin folds like that would you be as forgiving?

They showed Gaff on the news tonight limping off the training track after about 15 minutes. Would be surprised if he comes good by next week.
Actually wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a stress fracture and out for 3 months the way this year has gone

No Sheed, no Gaff.

Gaff-Sheed-R4.jpg

Bodes well.

Gaff has been limping for the last 5 years. Not sure if he's permenantly injured or just walks like that.

This bloke’s come back from two knee injuries, played 42/44 games and played at an absolute elite level in that time. It’s pretty damn remarkable for someone his size to do that.

Now he’s suffered a medial injury in a ruck contest, a fairly common injury for rucks, and people are criticising the way he’s maintained his body over that period.

I just think it’s shithouse, personally.

Well said. Some utterly classless posting, but no surprise at all to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back