Prediction Changes for Round 5 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we all just acknowledge that while he has made a few errors, The fact that Hough has just slid in and gone on about it like its nothing is fu**in absurd

Yes has good hands , though playing senior footy for Harvey Brunswick in the SW league would have helped immensely ....and at Peel in the WAFL later in 2021 .

So Williams vs Strnadica for first ruck, with Dixon as backup to either?

Surely Williams gets first crack? Started slowly vs North but thought he showed enough in the 2nd half of that game to be ahead in the pecking order.

Lucky we’re up against Sydney first-up, with a weak ruck division especially without Hickey. Ladhams has struggled at his new club and they’ve been going with one ruck and Reid or McLean as pinch hitters.

So Williams vs Strnadica for first ruck, with Dixon as backup to either?

Surely Williams gets first crack? Started slowly vs North but thought he showed enough in the 2nd half of that game to be ahead in the pecking order.

No Hickey for Swans , though Ladhams is handy but BB Bailey Williams was starting to show some good signs so that's my choice .

Not only has he been in career best form over that time, he’s been durable. He’d played 42 of a possible 44 games up to last week. Missed one game this year with Covid and was managed for one game late in 2020 when we had 5 games in basically three weeks.

But yeah, everyone here with their advanced degrees in sports science from Couch University should be telling him what to do with his body.

So looking at his entire career... would you say injuries have played their part or not? Is he injury prone in your eyes?

Let's look at the whole thing and not just the outlier of 2020 and 2021.

1649657327141.png

Red is the games missed. I only did as far back as 2013 because i feel that's when the injuries first started piling on.

This also includes whatever suspensions he's had. Think there was the 1 week for he tackle in 2018?

To be honest with you i actually expected worse. Once this years missed games are added on it'll look a bit more depressing. Almost a third of his career.

So looking at his entire career... would you say injuries have played their part or not? Is he injury prone in your eyes?

Let's look at the whole thing and not just the outlier of 2020 and 2021.

View attachment 1369257

Red is the games missed. I only did as far back as 2013 because i feel that's when the injuries first started piling on.

This also includes whatever suspensions he's had. Think there was the 1 week for he tackle in 2018?

To be honest with you i actually expected worse. Once this years missed games are added on it'll look a bit more depressing. Almost a third of his career.

How many of those 77 games are due to the two knee recons he’s needed? All of 2017 and the final two rounds of 2016 for the first one.

Nine games in 2018 (all but the suspension) and the first 14 games of 2019 from the second one.

So 49 games total, from those two serious injuries. And 28 other games he’s missed due to injury/rest/suspension in over a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who to tag this week, Heeney, Mills or Blakey?

I'd say one of the first 2, Blakey probably too tall and quick for Nelson.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Heeney is the match winner, but if he takes him forward heeney will put jump. So I’d go mills, but I get the feeling that Blakey would be the easier tag as probably never had one

Yes has good hands , though playing senior footy for Harvey Brunswick in the SW league would have helped immensely ....and at Peel in the WAFL later in 2021 .
Yes good sign. Any 18 yo who is not playing some WAFL league isn’t worth a first round or potentially second round draft pick.

As we saw in the north vs eagles game VFL >> WAFL

Absolute bullshit.

His issue is clearly diet related, you don't end up with a gut and the puffiness in his face just because you have bad knees.

Stop making excuses for him.

Plenty of work you can do both in the gym and in the kitchen to keep yourself in shape, I've rehabbed an ACL myself from footy and it's a matter of discipline.

He's a gun and one of my all time favourite Eagles but his conditioning over the last few years is that of a park footballer.

He owes it to himself to treat his body right and maximise what time he has left in the game as he's already been robbed of so much.

It’s a strange one because his partner is a wellness and Pilates/Yoga guru ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes good sign. Any 18 yo who is not playing some WAFL league isn’t worth a first round or potentially second round draft pick.

As we saw in the north vs eagles game VFL >> WAFL

What a terrible blanket statement.

Patrick Cripps didn’t play any WAFL league.
Deven Robertson didn’t play any WAFL league.
Neil Erasmus, pick 10 last year, still yet to make his WAFL debut. Has played two AFL games though.
Amiss, taken two picks before him, didn’t play any league.
Sheldrick didn’t play any WAFL league before being taken later in the first round.

How many of those 77 games are due to the two knee recons he’s needed? All of 2017 and the final two rounds of 2016 for the first one.

Nine games in 2018 (all but the suspension) and the first 14 games of 2019 from the second one.

So 49 games total, from those two serious injuries. And 28 other games he’s missed due to injury/rest/suspension in over a decade.

Groins?

I think the majority of the time he missed before doing his ACL in 2016 was all centered around that wasn't it? And when he came back after that stint, that was when he started to get heavier and heavier, then the ACL's came.

The 'debate' is about the total game's missed due to injury. This includes both of his knee reco's, as you mentioned. We don't just randomly take them out m8... injured is injured. Sidelined is sidelined.

And you've gone and included his earlier years in your 'over a decade' statement, despite the fact i pointedly said this was from the 2013 onwards when he started being cut down by injuries. So what, 9 year period? At the end of this year it'll be 10 years, but the missed games figure will be even greater.

Also you never answered my question campaigner. I know you're a lawyer, but is Naitanui injury prone to you or not?

Groins?

I think the majority of the time he missed before doing his ACL in 2016 was all centered around that wasn't it? And when he came back after that stint, that was when he started to get heavier and heavier, then the ACL's came.

The 'debate' is about the total game's missed due to injury. This includes both of his knee reco's, as you mentioned. We don't just randomly take them out m8... injured is injured. Sidelined is sidelined.

And you've gone and included his earlier years in your 'over a decade' statement, despite the fact i pointedly said this was from the 2013 onwards when he started being cut down by injuries. So what, 9 year period? At the end of this year it'll be 10 years, but the missed games figure will be even greater.

Also you never answered my question campaigner. I know you're a lawyer, but is Naitanui injury prone to you or not?

Depends what you mean by injury prone. Has he missed a lot of games through injury in the past nine years? Yes. Has he suffered a lot of injuries in that time? Not really. He’s suffered two ACLs that have resulted in him missing nearly 50 games, and a few others along the journey. Had groin issues in 2013, had Achilles issues at one point. I think there was an ankle?

Is Gaff going to punch Luke Parker this week?
Needs to punch Heeney...?
A lot of assumptions here that he needs to lose some kilos..
He’s come back from two knee recons, and turned in two AA and Club Champion seasons.
Is it just possible he knows his own body better than random blokes in the stands?
Impossible!!!?? Cut back on the Fiji hangi or lovo's... :rolleyes:
Seriously though, just come back Nic and continue the good work my man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back