Prediction Changes for Round 5 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing many things (including the tired old trope of credits in the bank) to last 2-3 seasons is almost futile. Each season had its own unique set of problems from covid to injuries to gameplan to lack of good depth.
Clearly the game plan is changing/under renovation, we have new coaches, the head coach is changing his approach and tactics, we since have many new players at different levels.
Some posters need to adapt and evolve and drop the baggage!
Having said that, regardless of the changes and who should and shouldn't be in this week and the following weeks -including possibly underdone best 22 players - I would expect to continue to see the attacking brand of football we witnessed last week!?
If the gun senior players that come in (at the expense of some of last weeks young players) revert back to the groundhog chip and mark style and don't take the game on in the same way - then yes, that is not acceptable and it's a serious concern..
I doubt this will happen (hope?) and that's why this game - win or lose - is a bit of a litmus test.
It's a very good sample of where we're at going forward, with a Friday night game at Optus on the big stage
with a good cross-section of players involved...
We'll see where we're at soon enough before the nuclear melts and supersonic dummy spits?

Last edited:

Not sure how true, but according to W Schofield on the radio there will be several 'late' changes. Am guessing we have more Covid affected persons after the tests carried out this morning.

My honest opinion is that there are a group on here who are “done” with Simmo and want him gone. Anything and everything he does is now critiqued within an inch of its life and they remain waiting for any slip ups. They want us to fail so they can be proven right. I mean I could go and find all the posts pre season denigrating O’Neill. But now he is so hard done by and should be in the team ahead of our A Graders. McGovern was written off completely, referred to repeatedly as a fat slob, fatso etc. Naitanui is talked about in similar terms. There is a very nasty element to our supporter base 🤷‍♂️
As a supporter group, we're extremely spoilt.
I read somewhere we have the second best record after Hawthorn in the modern era for wins/finals.

Yet our tolerance level is extremely low.
Heaven forbid one of our players has a form slump.

Four games in, Darling has copped heaps of abuse.
JK should've retired.
Take the captaincy from Shuey.
NN is lazy. He did a knee because he's fat.
Gov is overweight and overpaid, should've traded him.
Gaff is soft and should **** off back to Melbourne.
Now Redden is getting criticized even though he's one of the few that puts his head over the pill every game.
Hurn is now a liability, should've gone.
We failed to develop Brander. He kicks 4 goals in a scratchie and will win the Coleman. Currently can't get a game in a struggling side.
Simmo (still) a soft ****.

The list goes on.

Fielded a wafl side against GC in round one.
Ran out of legs yet we still should've won.

We win a flag about ever 8 years and have truckloads in the bank.
Have a high retention rate of players yet we still apparently don't do much as a club.

In the first 4 rounds we've been decimated more than any other team in history.

Take Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw, Langdon, Oliver and 4 other first starters out for Melbourne and see how they go.

End or rant :)

I read somewhere we have the second best record after Hawthorn in the modern era for wins/finals.

JK should've retired.
Gaff is soft and should fu** off back to Melbourne.
Now Redden is getting criticized even though he's one of the few that puts his head over the pill every game.
We failed to develop Brander. He kicks 4 goals in a scratchie and will win the Coleman. Currently can't get a game in a struggling side.

The list goes on.

Have a high retention rate of players yet we still apparently don't do much as a club.

Take Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw, Langdon, Oliver and 4 other first starters out for Melbourne and see how they go.

Brilliant post, I agree with every word you wrote. Having high expectations is a good thing and as a supporter base we demand a lot from our club. I get it and I do agree. But things have swung wildly into the unrealistic and OTT space. There is no patience, there is no reason, just wild and repetitive rantings. We are only a month into the season and dealing with an unprecedented injury list and the onset of COVID. Surely the pitchforks can be put down for a little bit and we can see how things settle before deciding if there has been any change or improvements?

Anyhow, it seems like there will be late changes. So likely the stars O’Neill and co will be back in. I’m sure that will please many. Hopefully some of our pesky more talented players are out. We have no need for them 😂

Not sure but I think he actually made a thread about trading Gov and Barrass.
Yes, yes I remember it well. When I read his work I can’t help but imagine old Kaiser would be right at home as a character on the set of After Life

Not sure how true, but according to W Schofield on the radio there will be several 'late' changes. Am guessing we have more Covid affected persons after the tests carried out this morning.
Kennedy and maybe Rioli I'm guessing. Kennedy due a rest and Rioli looked sore this week. Club playing silly bugger with making Sydney think we're playing them?

JK should've retired.
Gaff is soft and should fu** off back to Melbourne.

The list goes on.

Good post! I admit I give Darling or Robocop a bit of a rib tickle, but he's always frustrated me a little with his brain fades and rubber chest and ninja flips. But it's never too nasty and I acknowledge when he's 'ON' he's a star!
The same applies to NN, I fully respect the man, the player and his talents and it will be a sad day when he retires. I recently had a dig at his obvious waistline, in a good natured way for a positive outcome - in that it could only be of benefit if he was lighter, more spring in the step, improve his run and carry and possibly prevent injury to his knees. I've since learnt to stay out of that discussion!
Nic's tummy is Nic's business! ((;
Moving right along...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the team playing today are good. You think Redden offers more than O'Neill? I don't after O'Neills game last week
One game.

Was a good game

But it was one game

Also

Thread locked 🔒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back