Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - GRAND FINAL vs. Brisbane MCG, 2:30pm Sat 30/09

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting analysis by King on SEN this morning.
In our recent games ( last 10) McStay has been the most efficient fwd 50 target in the game.
Of the 30 occasions he's been targeted 50% have resulted in Goals.
Clearly he either marks, holds off opponents with his size and/or creates a spill.

This tells me he needs to be replaced with a big body, who can't be outsized, and force a spill when a mark is not possible.

A small fwd line is not going to cut it.

Also said that during finals Cox has had 13 HTA ( on par with Big O) and Cameron just 3.
A big statistic that says we should be looking for another ruck over the off-season if we want to play two rucks.

A big statistic that says we should be looking for another ruck over the off-season if we want to play two rucks.
I actually see sense in having an interest in Goldstein. If Goldstein was playing for us this week, he would smash McInnerny and also provide the type of target that McStay provides

Sounds like Adams is close enough and definitely not in Sam Reid territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second half of the year there been too much bombing not enough lowering of the eyes.
I’d be bringing in Noble and that’s it.
Go smaller in the F50 start Ginnivan as well.
Yes we are winning and deserve to be there but in all honesty we are a lot more “gettable” now than what we were.

Matty Lloyd had him as second best on ground for us . He’s very positive when talking about us, has been all season
Pretty impressive, considering it's the first game he's played in about 7 weeks.
It just underlines what a star he is.

Brisbane have won their last six games against us - 4 at the Gabba & 2 at Marvel.
Playing at the G is a different thing entirely, and far better suited to our game style.
Whether it is described as soft, lazy or gutless it is in effect the same shortcoming. Don’t just assume it will rectify itself, under intense pressure.

On the other side of the coin - courage is contagious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back