Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. WCE (R17, Fri 12/07 8:10pm OS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will win this game. It will galvanise the group and will be looked back at the turning point on the season where we went on to win sweet 16.

LOL. We cant even beat West Coast at home when we are in form. There's literally zero chance of beating them at their home while we are in what arguably is our worst form for many years. Add to that the return of nic nat. It will be a massacre.

I didnt see a hint of a decent response last night. So why would we apparently respond again?

Last edited:
LOL. We cant even beat West Coast at home when we are in form. There's literally zero chance of beating them at their home while we are in what arguably is our worst form for many years. Add to that the return of nic nat. It will be a massacre.

I didnt see a hint of a decent response last night. So why would apparently respond again?
We travel well.
MYTH.

We’ve won 4 out of our last 10 interstate matches.

I like what young Quaynor said about Pendles, pulling the team aside and mentioning 'don't panic', it's a long season. Absolutely spot on.

CFC are in a good position to weather this form slump which in my opinion is due to availability of some class players. Silver lining is that young players get the opportunity like Sier did last year to play a prominent role in CFC having a crack at the cup.

It could be Quaynor, Daicos, Brown or even Noble that steps up.

We travel well.
MYTH.

We’ve won 4 out of our last 10 interstate matches.

2016: 2win 3 loss
2017: 3win 2loss
2018: 4win 2 loss
2019: 2win

Last 10 interstate: 7 wins 3 losses

Why do you just make things up?

Last edited:
In: Adams and Langdon (I wish)

In: Noble. Why not play a zippy bloke of small stature who's never played a senior game, in a team down on confidence, against last year's premiers on their home deck. Might just work.:huh:

Don’t know what people see in Daicos. He’s really just another Crocker but with a name.

I agree that Daicos didn't set the world on fire last night but... I've seen both play as juniors (Crocker through Carey grammar, Daicos through the Bullants) and Josh has a much higher ceiling. He's a better kick and has better awareness of the play. Granted that this has not appeared yet at the highest level.

I'd like to see Josh develop a stronger tackle and he needs to work on his power / explosiveness the same way Callum has. I'd definitely persevere with him.

Okay we calm now. Still dropping everyone.

However how did Broomhead go? Could be a good inclusion for morale and can’t do any worse than Thomas (who’s apparently been playing all year) or Diacos

In: Lynch
and Noble

Out: Cox and Thomas

Both of those omissions have had ample opportunities. Cox needs to know he can’t take his spot for granted any longer, so too Thomas.

Noble has put together a reasonable body of work since joining the club and will being natural exuberance.

It also may force a structural change up forward. Play Mihocek as a hit up and then be slick and unpredictable when entering F50 like when Port beat them over there. Lynch would have to play a deep forward role when Mihocek rests and then heads into the ruck for five mins a quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also Will should come in
No he shouldn’t, he’s rubbish at AFL level. He had his chance and he can’t make the step up to the required level.

I agree that Daicos didn't set the world on fire last night but... I've seen both play as juniors (Crocker through Carey grammar, Daicos through the Bullants) and Josh has a much higher ceiling. He's a better kick and has better awareness of the play. Granted that this has not appeared yet at the highest level.

I'd like to see Josh develop a stronger tackle and he needs to work on his power / explosiveness the same way Callum has. I'd definitely persevere with him.
Josh will never make it. I'm sorry.

John Noble will be making his AFL debut next week, I'd say.

Its like, lemons go back to the VFL - and absence for some reason makes them stars.

Wills is s**t, Varcoe is s**t, Greenwood has his moments - they aren't the answer.

Well we have two options: accept the tripe dished up in recent weeks and not make changes or throw a cat amongst the pidgeons and make players less comfortable about delivering sub par performances.

Yes, they aren’t the answer on their own but will be significantly better if those who are our top rung players rediscover their mojos

No he shouldn’t, he’s rubbish at AFL level. He had his chance and he can’t make the step up to the required level.

Then we must be looking at Bleak then for Rest of the Season

2016: 2win 3 loss
2017: 3win 2loss
2018: 4win 2 loss
2019: 2win

Last 10 interstate: 7 wins 3 losses

Why do you just make things up?
That doesn't add up, it's 4 wins and 6 losses according to your stats, it doesn't matter because I can't see us beating West coast but you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back