Preview Changes/Preview – Round 8 vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty clear that Petty as a forward isn't working – either he gets dropped, or he goes back and McDonald gets dropped.

Hopefully McAdam pulls up well and can come in. Hunter and Hore are considerations, and Fullarton played really well today, but don't want us going with three talls again.

Have at it.

I want a forward line of Turner, JVR, McAdam, Fritsch and two smalls. Guarantee Goody stays with a 3 tall set up though even if Petty were to go back. He'd bring in Fullarton or Brown. Gut says Petty isnt going anywhere, he'll stick with him forward despite how bad hes been.

I want a forward line of Turner, JVR, McAdam, Fritsch and two smalls. Guarantee Goody stays with a 3 tall set up though even if Petty were to go back. He'd bring in Fullarton or something. Gut says Petty isnt going anywhere, he'll stick with him forward despite how bad hes been.

Yeah, pretty much this. I can't see a world where Goody doesn't have one of Petty, Brown or TMac up forward.

I want a forward line of Turner, JVR, McAdam, Fritsch and two smalls. Guarantee Goody stays with a 3 tall set up though even if Petty were to go back. He'd bring in Fullarton or Brown. Gut says Petty isnt going anywhere, he'll stick with him forward despite how bad hes been.
I want this to.

My angry react was to the spot on call of exactly what crazy Goody will do.

Petty has to go. How long can he survive off one good game forward?

Hate to say it but Woewodin’s second efforts in the first half were some of the worst I’ve seen. Literally just stood there multiple times with the ball nearby. Not sure he’s up to it but also not sure we’ve got anyone else currently.

Petty absolutely needs a spell. McAdam would be a great replacement but if he's not quite ready, then Laurie deserves a full game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm conflicted. Petty's been poor and is low on confidence but I also feel like he's one good game away from turning it around and not looking back rest of the season. He has the ability (as per when he kicked 6 v Tigers last year) but hardly getting near it at the moment. JVR isn't doing heaps at the moment either.

I like him but I'd give McAdam 1 more week in the VFL. I wouldn't pick Fullarton either, Max seems to play better when solo rucking. I don't see playing Fullarton with Gawn together being much different to when we played Preuss with Gawn.

No change.

Hate to say it but Woewodin’s second efforts in the first half were some of the worst I’ve seen. Literally just stood there multiple times with the ball nearby. Not sure he’s up to it but also not sure we’ve got anyone else currently.
Agreed, Taj had some shocking moments in the first half. His role has been a bit all over the place this year though, so hopefully it was just a bad night for a young player.

I'm keen to see McAdam in the first team after what sounds like a classy performance from him today in the 2's. Fullerton seems to be knocking on the door now too and could be a chance for a debut in the next few weeks. Given it sounds like we came out of the game unscathed, I'd bring in McAdam for Taj at this stage and keep Laurie as sub after his cameo tonight. Petty, as frustrating as he has been gets one more week to turn it around. He could be vital next week down back as he had played well on Cameron in the last. If Jezza gets a hold of McDonald early on, I could see them switching ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McAdam for Petty.
Hore for Woey.

Would love to get Sestan in, but think Chin has credits to get away with a poor one and Bill did enough as sub. My only worry is that with the Duke subbed out they may look get Hunter in for him next week and I'm not keen.

McAdam for Petty.
Hore for Woey.

Would love to get Sestan in, but think Chin has credits to get away with a poor one and Bill did enough as sub. My only worry is that with the Duke subbed out they may look get Hunter in for him next week and I'm not keen.

These are my changes too but since McAdam was on a minutes restriction apparently he might not be ready just yet. Also agree I’d rather Windsor stay in, yes he had some bad turnovers (who didn’t) but I’m very happy with his year overall still, and don’t think we gain that much playing Hunter over him.

These are my changes too but since McAdam was on a minutes restriction apparently he might not be ready just yet. Also agree I’d rather Windsor stay in, yes he had some bad turnovers (who didn’t) but I’m very happy with his year overall still, and don’t think we gain that much playing Hunter over him.

Yeah, wondered that about McAdam too, but figured it would be weird of the Dees to not rush back an injured player.

If we absolutely had to bring in Hunter, I'd rather bring him in for Billings. He's been ok-ish, but the last couple of weeks has been turning it over a bit and not really doing what we need from him IMO.

I don't think Windsor will get dropped next week off of one poor game. He has been serviceable all year. The whole midfield group was poor. Dropping a first year player off of one poor game is unfair when the whole midfield group is playing poorly.

Our forward line is a shambles. Petty deserves to be dropped to Casey but I am not sure if the match committee will follow through with it. I can see the argument of perservering with him, but only if they lock in their front 6 for the next month to try and build some continuinity. Chopping and changing the mix every week is disruptive for building chemistry, especially when some of the group are very inexperienced.

I am still not a fan of JVR in the ruck. I would just like to see him be a full time CHF and work on his craft.

Out: Petty, Chandler, Woewodin, Windsor
In: Hunter, Laurie, Dunno, Dunno

Hunter needs to help out our struggling midfield, Trac to go forward.

There's a 10 day break, hopefully that's enough time for McAdam to get fit on the track. He HAS to come in when fit, hopefully at the expense of a tall.

I think I heard a reporter saying we were looking to get a full VFL game into McAdam before debuting him after we managed his loads yesterday.

Probably for the best given his history of soft tissue injuries. Keen to see him inside F50 with Kozzy at the G

I think I heard a reporter saying we were looking to get a full VFL game into McAdam before debuting him after we managed his loads yesterday.

Probably for the best given his history of soft tissue injuries. Keen to see him inside F50 with Kozzy at the G

Yeah I'd love him in but seems this is a rare time we're exercising genuine caution with bringing a player back.

Can’t see us dropping Petty.

If McAdam comes in it will probably be for Woewoeden.

I didn’t think Windsor’s game was bad at all last night either. 14 possessions, 4 tackles and a goal from 3 quarters - and I thought his defensive running was fantastic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back