Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I know you don't flirt with form.

But this is a game I wouldn't be too upset if we drop. Maybe even rest a few.

The reason being we know our finals history. And I just don't see us going on an extended winning streak to clinch the flag, given our draw and wins for the backend of the season.

It all depends on if the game matters.

Sweets shoulder? Could use a break if the game doesn't matter. Dante could come in we lose nothing.

Butters, I don't think he's in Brownlow contention his body could do with a extra week off.

The game may not matter for Freo either in which case it's going to be a pretty bruise free match anyway.

It will be very interesting to see how the coaching staff approaches this game.

They really should be looking to finals.

It would be good business to give a couple of guys with niggles the game off or at least play them half a game and get a couple of young guys in who may need to step up.

I think it would be great if they played a big tall to see what happens as well like Lord.

Hinkley prefers little to no changes so that is probably what will happen but it is not the best idea.

Sweets shoulder? Could use a break if the game doesn't matter. Dante could come in we lose nothing.

Butters, I don't think he's in Brownlow contention his body could do with a extra week off.

The game may not matter for Freo either in which case it's going to be a pretty bruise free match anyway.
needs another good game to firm a AA spot.

Marshall is not coming in for Ratugolea. Please stop 🛑

What do the Marshall lovers see when they watch the foot ball? Its just absurd
I guess maybe we see the goals he kicks and the goals he sets up for others. But of course that overlooks the fact that he doesn't have 'presence' and therefore the six points we get for all those goals don't count.

The medicos will make a decision on Marshall's health. That's a separate matter that we can't really speculate on. Maybe we were just being extra cautious given his history, as we all said the contact was fairly innocuous. Maybe he needs to retire immediately. We can't really know.

But there is absolutely no question that he's a far superior option than Ratugolea or Burton at this point. If he's fit he's in. Even the most ardent Marshall hater can't have watched the last 2 games and see Ratugolea as the better choice, concussion aside. If Marshall isn't fit, I'd play Soldo forward.
marshall when fit must first prove his form & confidence with the Magpies

Tbh and unpopular opinion I am not too fussed if we finished 3rd or 4th.

I would rather our guns cherry ripe.

It's also an opportunity to look at fringe players.marshall lord find some touch.

If it were me and I am a couch coach, Butters Connor jhf Aliir Bergman Sweet Charlie would all be out. Possibly Rioli and Ollie too

Last edited:
Would be nice if Carlton, Hawks and Dogs all win. Therefore this game will be a dead rubber for Freo and will lose the intensity and top 2 would just about be sewn up with Giants losing. If Dogs or Carlton lose, this is an elimination final for Freo and their biggest game of the year.

Would be nice if Carlton, Hawks and Dogs all win. Therefore this game will be a dead rubber for Freo and will lose the intensity and top 2 would just about be sewn up with Giants losing. If Dogs or Carlton lose, this is an elimination final for Freo and their biggest game of the year.
The only potential issue is that Geelong are a serious chance of beating West Coast by 80+ this week.

The only potential issue is that Geelong are a serious chance of beating West Coast by 80+ this week.
may sound stupid my comment, however i want geelong to finish 3rd, i am willing to risk the freo vs port game a decider if we are top 2 or not. this is how much i want to avoid playing gws in the first final. us vs geelong is such a good matchup, mainly due to our much superior midfield, and ruck.

may sound stupid my comment, however i want geelong to finish 3rd, i am willing to risk the freo vs port game a decider if we are top 2 or not. this is how much i want to avoid playing gws in the first final. us vs geelong is such a good matchup, mainly due to our much superior midfield, and ruck.
I agree and I don't really want GWS either, but then I think if this team was ever to win a flag, we'll need to be able to beat anyone, anywhere. The Confidence that would come if we beat Giants, rather than beating Geelong in another QF would be greater IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, wanting to avoid teams, if we’re good enough we beat them!

As stated, I’d throw JHf to Houston’s role. If we’re ontop push him middle and forward, under the pump play the quarter back. We have the attacking mids to cover his potential loss.

Dixon was awful it's about the mix though MG coming back helps, Dixon is probably due for his one good game every 3 months at some point I guess.
Not disagreeing but Dixon never seems to play anywhere near a competent game under lights. Got his (concrete) hands in position to mark cleanly but dropped every one.

We need Bulldogs to win and Geelong to win by about 10 goals.
Sets up port home to geelong
If we're playing the 'who would we rather play' game, I'd rather cop the harder game against GWS in a QF where we haven't historically shit the bed like we have in elimination finals. If we win that we hopefully get the easier game against Geelong in a prelim. If we lose it we're not doing shit this year anyway.

marshall when fit must first prove his form & confidence with the Magpies

Why? We don't have a single fit KPF in form. The KPF line in the showdown was an absolute train wreck, a non event. Why would you not bring back a clearly more capable player than Ratugolea or Burton?

Dixon was awful it's about the mix though MG coming back helps, Dixon is probably due for his one good game every 3 months at some point I guess.

Dixon also rucks which helps him, but what helps him more are that the alternatives are far inferior. Charlie every day over the likes of Ratugolea or Lord. He can absolutely do a job and he'll be more effective with better teammates in the forward line with him.

Dixon also rucks which helps him, but what helps him more are that the alternatives are far inferior. Charlie every day over the likes of Ratugolea or Lord. He can absolutely do a job and he'll be more effective with better teammates in the forward line with him.
Do all 4 of Todd, Charlie, Mitch and Esava make us too tall? Can mitch play more of a hybrid medium role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back