Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has enough runs on the board to keep his spot.
But wouldn't be against resting him
Does he though? He has had an exceptionally poor month. This wasnt an isolated game.

1 SANFL game left. I can't see anyone but Sinn, Vis and maybe Soldo making the side after the bye. Williams and Lord would be absolute break glass.

If Narkle needs a full game, next week is the time in either grade.

[Edit: Marshall...who knows?]

The KPF trio (incl Burton) was absolutely horrendous. Just 7 marks, 0 goals,1 behind and 1 mark inside 50 between the 3 of them. Our ball movement in transition was non existent.

I'd expect that if Marshall or Georgiades are fit, we'll see Ratugolea move back to defence and a shuffle around to cover Houston. That or Ratugolea just loses his place.

I don't think Rat or Burton can reasonably play KPF again. I'd rather Soldo, Lord, or even Scully.

Unless playing will increase the likelihood of injury I see absolutely no advantage in resting players.

Pre finals bye and potentially week off after winning the prelim means that they will get plenty of rest for the finals.

No player needs 3 weeks of rest at this point, especially a guy like Lachie Jones who struggles to pick up the speed after a layoff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Burton that bad? I didn't watch the game live but on replay he had a few nice touches and didn't do anything noticeably horrific apart from a kick off the ground when he should have picked it up.

Was Burton that bad? I didn't watch the game live but on replay he had a few nice touches and didn't do anything noticeably horrific apart from a kick off the ground when he should have picked it up.
He was better when he played back than at forward.

Last edited:
2. PORT ADELAIDE

15-7, 60 pts, 114.2%

R24: v Fremantle, Perth Stadium

The Power are in line to host a qualifying final, but they’ll need a win over Fremantle in the final round to seal it. If they lose, there’s a chance GWS leapfrogs them into second place. As long as Port Adelaide wins, it should finish second. For Port Adelaide to finish fourth, a Power defeat and a Geelong win against West Coast would need to have a combined margin of about 22 goals.

Highest finish: 2nd

Lowest finish: 3rd

He should be delisted for that filthy mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back