Preview Changes: R3 v Port Adelaide, Saturday April 1, 7.00pm ACDT at Adelaide Oval

When will the Crows win next?

• R3 vs Port Adelaide

• R4 vs Fremantle (H)

• R5 vs Carlton (H)

• R6 vs Hawthorn (A, Tasmania)

• R7 vs Collingwood (H)

• R8 vs Geelong (A, Kardina)

• R9 vs St Kilda (H)

• R10 vs Western Bulldogs (A, Ballarat)

• R11 vs Brisbane (H)

• R12 vs Gold Coast (A, NT)

• R13 vs West Coast (H)

• R15 vs Collingwood (A, MCG)

• R16 vs North Melbourne (H)

• R17 vs Essendon (A, Marvel)

• R18 vs GWS (H)

• R19 vs Melbourne (A, MCG)

• R20 vs Port Adelaide

• R21 vs Gold Coast (H)

• R22 vs Brisbane (A, Gabba)

• R23 vs Sydney (H)

• R24 vs West Coast (A, Perth)

• Winless Season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we just leave him out of the team. He kicked zero goals today and was picked as a forward.

Well that's my point. He's not ahead of any of our actual midfield prospects who need to be developed in their proper position over a 75 game small forward who we only play in the midfield because he's ineffective everywhere else on the ground

I had Murphy as the sub already and copped some flak because apparently he was good

I don't care if Taylor is unfit, he can't be any worse than a fit Schoenberg who was diabolically bad
You say that now but that’s what it looks like when oppo mids stream thru corridor and hit forwards lace out without pressure

No one cares about lack of fitness until they see it

Trust Burgo on that one , maybe ply him as sub to show him the level

You say that now but that’s what it looks like when oppo kids stream thru corridor and hit forwards lace out without pressure

No one cares about lack of fitness until they see it

Trust Burgo on that one , maybe ply him as sub to show him the level

Opposition midfielders are already streaming through the corridor and hitting forwards lace out and that's with our "fit" midfield

Couldn't have been that bad if he managed to outrun his opponent toward goal, mark it and kick it.
He could run in a straight line fine.. as soon as he tried to run and turn he couldn’t. He was also limping on it pretty heavily.

what concerns me is the club released an injury update and said nothing about fog. Focused solely on Parnell.

if he was fine then they’d say “Darcy Fogarty had a sore knee but managed to play out the game and pulled up fine”..

I worry that they haven’t said anything as they are gonna send him for scans before they say anything..

He could run in a straight line fine.. as soon as he tried to run and turn he couldn’t. He was also limping on it pretty heavily.

what concerns me is the club released an injury update and said nothing about fog. Focused solely on Parnell.

if he was fine then they’d say “Darcy Fogarty had a sore knee but managed to play out the game and pulled up fine”..

I worry that they haven’t said anything as they are gonna send him for scans before they say anything..
Wouldn’t be too worried, if it was anything bad they definitely wouldn’t send him back out there. Maybe at most a few weeks off. A few weeks off that we probably can’t afford right now…honestly wouldn’t mind finishing bottom 4 so we have a good crack at bringing in another quality player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't have been that bad if he managed to outrun his opponent toward goal, mark it and kick it.
The problem was his ability to change direction. Which I guess the staff decided wasn't his strength anyway so just sent him out there. (FWIW I think he's been pretty decent this year, inability to hold a chest mark in the third not withstanding)

Imo you either need a big statement at selection or drop multiple players. We don't have the cattle to drop a big lot of players for their shithouse performances so for me :
Out: Parnell, Smith, shoenberg, EH
In : Jones, Butts, RT & Taylor

I would be giving laird a copy of the disgusting 2nd quarter he played and letting him know it was unacceptable. It's okay to hold senior players to a different standard although we don't seem to. Sloane was ineffective on the wing, doesn't provide the drive you need from a winger. Has to play forward to stay in this team and Pedlar has to go in thr guts. He gives his absolute all every bloody time. 0 CBAs makes no sense to me, he is a power athlete and should be in there. He is running so hard as a hhf that I don't accept they are trying to protect his body from breakdown

Dawson goes to the wing, Laird can play defence, sloane forward and Pedlar middle.

EH can go play lockdown defence at tree gully and never come back. I don't care he is absolutely useless and should never play for us again (I've said this too many times 🤦‍♂️)

Surely Sloane needs to be dropped or rested he was jogging to contests within the first five minutes. **** his leadership, we are heading to last place with it anyway.

Main issue is the lack of depth

Crouch
Jones
McHenry
Hately
Brown
Hamill
McPherson

Taylor - yes play him
Butts - should have played
Cook - I like him, but not sure
Gollant - yes but tall forward backup only
Strachan - ruck backup only and not great
Borlase - break glass only
Nankervis - getting closer but not yet
Newchurch - no
Bond - too soon
Keane - would like to see him, not yet

McAdam - suspended
Milera - injured
Worrell - injured
Dowling - injured

There's nothing in the tank
Thanks to Hamish

My 2 bobs worth: Footy is still the same game it's always been.

Get Fogs knee right!

Game plan: Chaos forward entries which put oppo offside or better hit key post into space, defensively build wall behind the ball with interceptor(Dood/Daws) as deepest.
Fast team roll back /clog up on blunder, slow them down and hunt ball when in zone, get stoppage or better turnover, rinse and repeat. Disposal care when not being tackled. Coaches map oppo and feedback info to players and adjust where mismatches are evident, take advantage of positive mismatches.

Mids.
Laird@10 Keays@4 Berry@6 with O'brien target to get the ball forward to ground.
Rachelle@9 Dawson@4 Pedlar@6 with O'brien target to get the ball forward as far as possible with 6&4 mids focused on lock down of ball movement when the pill is in dispute.
Mid at 4 with "in/out" call on our attacking mids position in relation to oppo def mid.
Mid at 6 with read on oppo.
Schoenberg as switch pos mid (plays all roles as chopout).
same/similar at stoppage - keywords go/hot/time.

Sloane or Smith-preffered sub the other doesn't play.

Defense
Max Muzz Dood
Skipper Butts Jones

Wings
Scholl Hinge Soligo

Attack
Rankine Walker Rachelle
Pedlar Heisenberg/Fog Soligo

Bench
Murphy chopout runner, (Thilthorpe big fella utility chopout), (Schoenberg, Hately as defensive mindset mids)

Draw oppo on defensive transition (we do this ok at times) /quick long switch to make oppo work hard when we have the pill in defense.
Pump it into forward line space advantage when in our half.
Hit go on plan A (all hunt/all run) only when the finish line is in sight, currently looks like we can do it for 30 mins, so at 5 minute mark of the last qtr if required at earliest.

Coaches: Step back and see the game from oppo point of view...relay this to players consistently. set realistic simple goals/markers. no bullshitting ever.

Out: Sloane, Smith, Parnell inj. Fog inj?/Heisienberg next man up.
In: Butts, Hately, Thilthorpe, Jones.

Port: play similar headless chook style to us, Dixon is their key. What did the Pies do?
The getable 4pts need to be banked here or we are cooked again.

What we'll likely do...
Handball backwards and bring them onside.
Piss all our petrol tickets down the drain and not make the finish line again.

My 2 bobs worth: Footy is still the same game it's always been.

Get Fogs knee right!

Game plan: Chaos forward entries which put oppo offside or better hit key post into space, defensively build wall behind the ball with interceptor(Dood/Daws) as deepest.
Fast team roll back /clog up on blunder, slow them down and hunt ball when in zone, get stoppage or better turnover, rinse and repeat. Disposal care when not being tackled. Coaches map oppo and feedback info to players and adjust where mismatches are evident, take advantage of positive mismatches.

Mids.
Laird@10 Keays@4 Berry@6 with O'brien target to get the ball forward to ground.
Rachelle@9 Dawson@4 Pedlar@6 with O'brien target to get the ball forward as far as possible with 6&4 mids focused on lock down of ball movement when the pill is in dispute.
Mid at 4 with "in/out" call on our attacking mids position in relation to oppo def mid.
Mid at 6 with read on oppo.
Schoenberg as switch pos mid (plays all roles as chopout).
same/similar at stoppage - keywords go/hot/time.

Sloane or Smith-preffered sub the other doesn't play.

Defense
Max Muzz Dood
Skipper Butts Jones

Wings
Scholl Hinge Soligo

Attack
Rankine Walker Rachelle
Pedlar Heisenberg/Fog Soligo

Bench
Murphy chopout runner, (Thilthorpe big fella utility chopout), (Schoenberg, Hately as defensive mindset mids)

Draw oppo on defensive transition (we do this ok at times) /quick long switch to make oppo work hard when we have the pill in defense.
Pump it into forward line space advantage when in our half.
Hit go on plan A (all hunt/all run) only when the finish line is in sight, currently looks like we can do it for 30 mins, so at 5 minute mark of the last qtr if required at earliest.

Coaches: Step back and see the game from oppo point of view...relay this to players consistently. set realistic simple goals/markers. no bullshitting ever.

Out: Sloane, Smith, Parnell inj. Fog inj?/Heisienberg next man up.
In: Butts, Hately, Thilthorpe, Jones.

Port: play similar headless chook style to us, Dixon is their key. What did the Pies do?
The getable 4pts need to be banked here or we are cooked again.

What we'll likely do...
Handball backwards and bring them onside.
Piss all our petrol tickets down the drain and not make the finish line again.
You been drinking this morning?..

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 v Port Adelaide, Saturday April 1, 7.00pm ACDT at Adelaide Oval

Back