Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Recovery and heavy legs will probably dictate what happens with selection.

Macrae would be the only one I'd think is definitely in after being spared the slog.

I can't see any changes happening. Maybe Sanders and Macrae swap. Even McNeill was good despite not hitting the scoreboard. I know Vandermeer can be a liability but there is something to be said for continuity and we need his run. I'm guessing he is covering a lot of territory.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least it's 8 days between games, so plenty of recovery time.
Yes, that's fortunate. Interesting couple of weeks scheduling wise, especially after the slog on Saturday. 8 days into Sydney but 5 into the following game against Melbourne. Player management sure to be a factor over the next 2 games.

Would love Garcia to get a run.

Ideally I'd like him replacing Vandemeer. He's quick enough IMO. Things like the missed pass to Richards is just too hard to look over for sprint efforts.
But when the game was being won he delivered that pass I50 to Marra who then kicked a terrific goal. As posted earlier, it looks a little like this

1721602559575.png

1721602612048.png

If VDM didn’t have the biggest brain farts known to man at least twice every game, he’d be okay.

That bit of play where he was streaming out of defence, had Richards I think all on his own, and ignored him and kicked straight to a 2-on-1 almost made me turn the tv off.

Was actually 3 on 1.

If VDM didn’t have the biggest brain farts known to man at least twice every game, he’d be okay.

That bit of play where he was streaming out of defence, had Richards I think all on his own, and ignored him and kicked straight to a 2-on-1 almost made me turn the tv off.

Was actually 3 on 1.
I watched it the same as everybody else and wondered the same thing. Seemed a very obvious option. So why didn't he take it. The only satisfactory explanation to me is that it had been drilled in to them that they need to take territory first, even to an outnumbered option, so that's what he did. Maybe he was also very fatigued which also fatigued him mentally. He wasn't subbed though.

It may be that they had a civil discussion after that and agreed that the game was won and that from that point on they would take the first and best option as conditions had also improved.

Interestingly, the roles were reversed a few minutes after that and Richards unhesitatingly kicked the ball to VDM in an almost identical situation. Players can learn from game to game and situation to situation if communication is good.

I think VDM will be judged on the first 3/4 of the game .... where it was won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to win this week. I’m way more confident about swans than Dees the week after, and we can only afford one loss.

I mean particularly to Richards with 20m of space. If their roles had been reversed, Vander would have given him the riot act in sign language.

I don't think there is any way we're dropping both McNeil and VDM and replacing them with slower players.

Balance is important. With all the talls, we need pace.

One of McNeil or VDM out maybe, but not both.
Not exactly proposing a straight swap but the team would seem pretty quick if our kicks hit the target instead of missing the teammate by a solid 5-7 metres each time.

That happens all too often with VDM.

Both also butcher pretty unmissable chances in front of goal.

Grundy has been a force at the SCG this year, big test for English.

No Rowbottom is absolutely massive for us, wins his own balls and shutdowns the best oppo mid. They'll most likely sit Jordan on Dale and rotate Adams on either Libba or Adzy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back