Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

I would probably drop Buku over Coffield, just more versatile. Undersized KPD2 is Buku’s position IMO beyond that he needs to start getting more involved with ground ball stuff and it’s not his go to. Either one will be stiff but Jones is automatic if fit

agreed - afraid he will be exposed by smaller, more agile opponents.

had a great game against geelong, but the rest of the team gave the defenders a pretty good ride. Our across the field defence was excellent.

Im imagining the ladder leaders will show a bit more than the cats did last week, and our defenders ability to actually defend will be well tested.

If Jones is back sadly despite his form it has to be for Buku,

His intercepting was great again but his ball use is woeful and he gets exposed when he doesn't have a direct opponent

I don't think we've ever been in a position like this before.

7 talls last week, all very good to excellent in difficult conditions (English, Darcy, JUH, Astro, Lobb, Khamis, Coffield).

Jones must come in. JOD was best 22 when fit, Buss showing enough to be included but opportunity just not there.

Croft, Keath, Gardner, LSmith must feel like their next opportunity is a long way away (in some cases may never come).

I have more trust in Coffield than Buku.

We don't want LJ, Buku and Lobb in the same backline do we?

If Jones is back sadly despite his form it has to be for Buku,

His intercepting was great again but his ball use is woeful and he gets exposed when he doesn't have a direct opponent
Sydney have 3 talls. Buku is playing, no way in the world Bevo drops him. He is coming along nicely and growing in confidence, the ball use will gradually come.

And ability to take a mark.
That's the issue for mine.

Buku's strength is his reading of the play and marking prowess. These are also strengths of LJ and Lobb.

Coffield plays a different style to Buku so we aren't comparing apples with apples.

I worry about Buku, Lobb and LJ all flying for a mark at the same time.

Coffield is 1cm taller than Buku and less athletic. The notion that he is better suited to play on a third tall/ smaller types doesn't stack up. I'm also not convinced he is a much better kick than Buku.

Hopefully I don't eat my words but watching Buku something has clicked. He looks at ease and more comfortable than I've ever seen him on a footy field. Could we have found our long-term Easton Wood replacement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coffield is 1cm taller than Buku and less athletic. The notion that he is better suited to play on a third tall/ smaller types doesn't stack up. I'm also not convinced he is a much better kick than Buku.

Hopefully I don't eat my words but watching Buku something has clicked. He looks at ease and more comfortable than I've ever seen him on a footy field. Could we have found our long-term Easton Wood replacement?

size and athleticism are handy, but its smarts and toughness that a defender needs just as much. I just dont get good vibes from Buku when the ball is on the ground, at the moment.

Who was coffields opponent?

Sydney have 3 talls. Buku is playing, no way in the world Bevo drops him. He is coming along nicely and growing in confidence, the ball use will gradually come.
Coffield is the same size as Buku,

The ball use won't come he is your classic key defender keep it simple long down the line kicks only which is fine for KPD not for 3rd tall

Coffield is the same size as Buku,

The ball use won't come he is your classic key defender keep it simple long down the line kicks only which is fine for KPD not for 3rd tall
Is coffield a good kick?

To my eye, Buku's kicking had been a lot better this year, not brilliant but certainly solid.

I know these stats only tell a small part of the tale, but according to footywire, his disposal efficiency is elite at 87.3%.

For players who have played 10 games or more this year, he is ranked #1 at Dogs and #5 in the league.

We played Buku on Cameron and Coffield on Stengle. that says it all about how we see their respective roles.

Its going to come down to matchups.

I think after the first quarter Buku was on Rohan mostly, but yeah, he’s clearly seen more as a KPD than Coffield. Saying back to his games alongside Jones at the start of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back