Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

agreed - afraid he will be exposed by smaller, more agile opponents.

had a great game against geelong, but the rest of the team gave the defenders a pretty good ride. Our across the field defence was excellent.

Im imagining the ladder leaders will show a bit more than the cats did last week, and our defenders ability to actually defend will be well tested.

What is the Swans forward line like ? More talls or smalls or medium forwards ?

Jones and Lobb go to the talls, Lobb is the interceptor in any regard

Buku can play tall or small same as Coffield.

Hopefully we don't try to fit all our defenders in by playing some forward .... have to drop Coffield or Buku unfortunately.
Week off for Coffield, rest that shoulder, he has a history of injuries. That game in the wet cow paddock look physically taxing.
1 week in VFL.
Rotate if you have too, neither are better that Lobb and L Jones.
Damn how much has a 2nd reliable KPD changed our whole team structure and ball movement, thanks for buying into team footy Lobb.
Crazy how both L Jones and Rory were both started as KPF's and are exceptional as KPD's.

To my eye, Buku's kicking had been a lot better this year, not brilliant but certainly solid.

I know these stats only tell a small part of the tale, but according to footywire, his disposal efficiency is elite at 87.3%.

For players who have played 10 games or more this year, he is ranked #1 at Dogs and #5 in the league.

Iā€™ve noticed most of Bukuā€™s kicks have been short and safe. Thatā€™s fine with me, pass it off to a damaging kick and know your role.

Because Coffield might be a better match up for Hayward
If there was ever a week to try the combo of Lobb, Jones, Coff and Buku then it is this week. Swans have three talls plus Hayward
Lobb - Mclean
Khamis - Amartey
Jones - McDonald
Coffield - Hayward

If Jones is right to go I'd rest Duryea with papley out and play Freijah, Dale and Bramble as the smalls.

The other possibility that nobody has mentioned but seems to happen all too often is that there is a totally unexpected injury. That might enable us to play both Khamis and Coffield (depending on who the injured player is and how much juggling they are prepared to do).

We might not even know this until Friday night because it's a Sunday game.

The other possibility that nobody has mentioned but seems to happen all too often is that there is a totally unexpected injury. That might enable us to play both Khamis and Coffield (depending on who the injured player is and how much juggling they are prepared to do).

We might not even know this until Friday night because it's a Sunday game.
Wouldn't be totally unexpected to see someone out with a niggle after a wrestle in the corio mud pit.

To my eye, Buku's kicking had been a lot better this year, not brilliant but certainly solid.

I know these stats only tell a small part of the tale, but according to footywire, his disposal efficiency is elite at 87.3%.

For players who have played 10 games or more this year, he is ranked #1 at Dogs and #5 in the league.
I wish they had a measure for disposal/kicking efficiency but weighted by either distance or meters gained rather than just the disposal count. If you nail 4 x 15 meter sideways chips but then turn-over your 40-50 meter kick down the line I want to see a different measure than 80% efficiency. I appreciate that for some longer kicks just not turning it over counts as being effective but its not enough.

Oliver G I assume that Champion Data would have the ability to report a disposal efficiency measure as = Effective Meters Gained / Total Meters Gained if so inclined? Mayne not if running with the ball contributes to meters gained?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might not win, but they're worried:

"
Bulldogs haven't won 3 in a row since what? Round 10 last year.

Average side, respect them, but we play our best, we win every time"

Though I personally rate Coffield ahead of Khamis, Khamis gets first crack at the 3rd tall role based on improved form against Carlton then significantly improved form against Geelong.

His disposal, decision making, positioning to ensure he could contest 1 v 1 improved significantly which all were issues with him. Whether it was a one off who knows, but you cannot drop him before Coffield this week.

VDM should be dropped for Garcia but doubt that will happen. McNeil probably did enough but as a small forward he has to kick goals when the opportunity arises. Likely 23rd man

Poulter stays in on that game mainly due to the dearth of wingers

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

McNeil has 3 goals from 6 games this year. (0.5 per game)
VDM has 8 goals from 18 games. (0.44)

Their GAs and possibly their pressure acts may be keeping them in the side but they need to do better than 0.5 goals a game.

Just had a quick look on the Swans board, weirdly almost no mention of 2016. I'm sure it'll pick up closer to the game, but dare I say it are they sadly approaching stage 7? (false alarm no doubt)

2025_BLR_StagesofGrief_Blog-1-1024x640.png

On a related note, it's a concern for us that Sydney appear to have already played their grand finals in rounds 3, 16, 17 and 19.

We might not win, but they're worried:

"
Bulldogs haven't won 3 in a row since what? Round 10 last year.

Average side, respect them, but we play our best, we win every time"

Theyā€™re worried about Richards and rightfully so. Heā€™s champion dataā€™s best i50 kick, a genuine superstar.

Heā€™s out of contract next year, Iā€™d be dumping Bazlenkaā€™s contract and more into his. Since going into the midfield, heā€™s taken our team from being content with a top 8 finish, to a genuine flag contender along with Brisbane and Sydney.

Shitney supporter on the main board called Libba a tagging workhorse.

šŸ˜… no idea
It's a prevalent view though. He has been underestimated (outside the club) for most of his career.

Just had a quick look on the Swans board, weirdly almost no mention of 2016. I'm sure it'll pick up closer to the game, but dare I say it are they sadly approaching stage 7? (false alarm no doubt)

2025_BLR_StagesofGrief_Blog-1-1024x640.png

On a related note, it's a concern for us that Sydney appear to have already played their grand finals in rounds 3, 16, 17 and 19.
Thatā€™s prob because the OP banned it

If we can get adequate entries in, our tall forwards should really be able to stretch the Sydney defence.

Rampe is such a key out in terms of team structure. McCartin is probably the only genuine kpd to take on one of JUH, Naughton and Darcy.

Blakey and Melican will need to play tall and the only kpd in the VFL team with experience is Joel Hamling (at a stretch Aaron Francis).

Got to take advantage.

If we can get adequate entries in, our tall forwards should really be able to stretch the Sydney defence.

Rampe is such a key out in terms of team structure. McCartin is probably the only genuine kpd to take on one of JUH, Naughton and Darcy.

Blakey and Melican will need to play tall and the only kpd in the VFL team with experience is Joel Hamling (at a stretch Aaron Francis).

Got to take advantage.
And Hamling has spent majority of his time up forward at VFL this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back