Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

It's always a silly suggestion given that we've already oriented our team defence roles around releasing Dale, with other defenders covering for him when he runs off his man. Dale takes our kick-ins for example, and we train to that structure. Even if we thought it was a good idea (though it isn't), structurally, we're so bedded down with Dale down back that we wouldn't make the move.
Against Geelong it seemed like whenever we engineered a spare in defence it was Duryea.

We do seem to have two primary outlets in defence though. A kicker (normally Dale) and a runner (mostly Bramble this year, in the past either Ed or JJ).

Freijah doing a pretty job of supporting both.

If Jones does play I assume Buku and Coffield will be rotating like for like throughout the game once Jones comes on considering he and Rory will be as close to 100% game time as you can get.

Anyone else getting a feeling of dread? With their injuries we are getting the Swans at a good time. A loss and all this positivity evaporates and the mode here goes back to three weeks ago. In Bont we trust
Not really.... regardless of what happens this week, we have 4 winnable games coming up.

Also, their injuries are overblown. They have a couple and this is the first time this year. At what point was it even a thing when the dogs were missing a whole bunch? Even against Colingwood when we had more topline players out it was all about Collingwood

Anyone else getting a feeling of dread? With their injuries we are getting the Swans at a good time. A loss and all this positivity evaporates and the mode here goes back to three weeks ago. In Bont we trust
If the hot-hot-cold pattern continues we are due for a shocker.

I certainly hope not.

A 3-4 goal loss I can tolerate playing interstate against the ladder leader as long as we have a decent crack at it and push them all day. But if we put in another shocker like we have done against Brisbane, Port, Melbourne and Essendon this season then I think we are kidding ourselves about being serious contenders.

I'm worried we go in a bit too tall and get beaten for run. If Jones comes in I would have dropped Coffield.

I'm worried we go in a bit too tall and get beaten for run. If Jones comes in I would have dropped Coffield.
I get where the tall issue was coming from when we were picking 3 to 4 KPD'S who were not mobile, skilled and good below their knees, Jones the exception.

Our talls lack for nothing on the ground, speed, pressure (Darcy 11 tackles).

We were supposedly to tall for the weather and ground at Geelong, tall is a non issue unless they are the old lumbering tall

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans are still the favourites, and rightly so. I expect them to win but if we can give a good account of ourselves I'll be happy. We have some winnable games coming up so I think we will sneak into the 8 regardless of the outcome of this one. I'm treating it psychologically as a free swing. We also smashed Geelong at KP, which gives this season an automatic pass mark for me.

Maybe it is Freijah that will also be managed. Might be an ask for Duryea to back 5 days on as I expect he'll be busy in this match. Coffield gets some continuity but is asked to back up against Melbourne.

My dart at the board says none of VFL guys get promoted for this game. Macrae and Jones the only changes for the young fellas Sanders and Freijah.

I expect most of those VFL extended squad guys to be in serious contention for Melbourne plus Sanders and Freijah come back.

Squad management with the 5 day break is a consideration I feel and we're close enough to full strength for Sunday against the Swans.

Last edited:
I get where the tall issue was coming from when we were picking 3 to 4 KPD'S who were not mobile, skilled and good below their knees, Jones the exception.

Our talls lack for nothing on the ground, speed, pressure (Darcy 11 tackles).

We were supposedly to tall for the weather and ground at Geelong, tall is a non issue unless they are the old lumbering tall

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm worried about the backline specifically.
We'll likely roll Jones, Lobb, Khamis & Coffield at times there. I would have gone 3 of those guys and played an extra runner

Does anyone know roughly what time the players get to the ground on match day, and if it’s possible to meet them when they get off the bus at the SCG? Not gonna be able to make it for the open session on Saturday but keen for my boy to meet them before the game if possible…

Half of the Sydney game preview is just them already complaining about the umpires and how hard done by they are. How pathetic, the victim complex on them is amazing and they don't even realise it, have some shame...

Half of the Sydney game preview is just them already complaining about the umpires and how hard done by they are. How pathetic, the victim complex on them is amazing and they don't even realise it, have some shame...
Should have seen the main board thread before it was cleaned up

One idiot even took a video tour of his house to tell me how anyone supporting the dogs was beneath him 😅

It was a shithole too

Should have seen the main board thread before it was cleaned up

One idiot even took a video tour of his house to tell me how anyone supporting the dogs was beneath him 😅

It was a shithole too
Don’t forget his tough car that he keeps in his shed. 🤪

A few things were really prevalent live last time we played.

Had them covered for aerial presence, they just couldn't go down the line with it like we could.

Their speed was concerning, everytime they broke that first part of our zone the next layer crumbled instantaneously. Their ability to cut through the centre of the ground was frustrating to watch.

I hope we've adjusted a little and I must admit I'm curious to see if Buku and Lobb have "evolved" to handle high pressure 1 on 1 situations. Maybe we won't have to with L.Jones potentially returning.

Would like to see Garcia in also but you'd be pretty stiff to miss after last week.

Swans are still the favourites, and rightly so. I expect them to win but if we can give a good account of ourselves I'll be happy. We have some winnable games coming up so I think we will sneak into the 8 regardless of the outcome of this one. I'm treating it psychologically as a free swing. We also smashed Geelong at KP, which gives this season an automatic pass mark for me.

Why I think we should be favourites to win:

Just about certain we beat them last time when they were at full strength if we did not lose Red, Astro and Scott during the game​
The swans are on top partly because of their good run with injuries now they are missing 3 of their better players in Papley, Rampe, Rowbottam and possibly Hayward​
Lobb and JUH have never been in better form​
If Jones is fit we are virtually at full strength​
And one last thing according to swans supporters we always get favoured by the umps against them. LOL​
Oh, one thing in their advantage is it at the SCG.​

A few things were really prevalent live last time we played.

Had them covered for aerial presence, they just couldn't go down the line with it like we could.

Their speed was concerning, everytime they broke that first part of our zone the next layer crumbled instantaneously. Their ability to cut through the centre of the ground was frustrating to watch.

I hope we've adjusted a little and I must admit I'm curious to see if Buku and Lobb have "evolved" to handle high pressure 1 on 1 situations. Maybe we won't have to with L.Jones potentially returning.

Would like to see Garcia in also but you'd be pretty stiff to miss after last week.
The last quarter in particular, they just couldn't get the ball past half way. We had a shocker with injuries, Naughton and Richards obviously but remember Scott played about 2 mins off the bench in the first before being knocked out.

Looking back on the past 3 weeks you knew in the first 10 mins whether we were locked in. Against Port we were lazy, flat and generally pathetic. Against the Blues and Cats it was the polar opposite. Please crack in from the start and givfe yourselves a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back