Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried about the backline specifically.
We'll likely roll Jones, Lobb, Khamis & Coffield at times there. I would have gone 3 of those guys and played an extra runner
I noticed last week that there were a lot of occasions where Naughts and JUH were swapping off the bench. Why can't we do the same with Lobb/Jones etc in the backline. Also, how about throwing Lobb forward for 15 minutes a half, just to break things up. Organised chaos...... We could also look to get Easton Wood back as Full Forward coach.

Half of the Sydney game preview is just them already complaining about the umpires and how hard done by they are. How pathetic, the victim complex on them is amazing and they don't even realise it, have some shame...
TBF, that was like us last week before the Geelong match.

Difference is, we had a point whereas based on last year's match at the SCG, they couldn't have received a better ride. I rank that #1 on my list of worst WB matches umpired since I started giving a damn.

Looks a very chips in approach with Daniel and Jones in. Not unhappy with the changes but maybe a little short on pace, not that any of the outs give a lot of if outside of Freijah a bit.

Not the changes I was expecting. Still a decent 23 though. Presume Daniel will the sub.

Does feel like more of a soft dropping than managed for these guys. Will be interesting to see how many get straight back into the 22 against Melbourne.

For Freijah and Sanders I definitely see managed. The game v Geelong was a muddy slog, probably could do with the longer recovery given the quick turnaround coming up.

Not the changes I was expecting. Still a decent 23 though. Presume Daniel will the sub.

Does feel like more of a soft dropping than managed for these guys. Will be interesting to see how many get straight back into the 22 against Melbourne
In no way would Freijah be a soft dropping, played well last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understandably asking 1st year players in Sanders and Freijah to back up this late in the season after an interstate trip on a 5 day break might have been a big ask, so taking the conservative route... Like the ins and we have a solid team, will be very tough still but no excuses.

Well didn't see that coming

In: C.Daniel, R.Garcia, L.Jones
Out: R.Sanders (managed), J.Macrae (managed), J.Freijah (managed)
I thought Macrae would play. Only on for 10 mins last week. What do I know.

Seems likely all 3 of the managed will play against Melbourne. Been wrong before though.. very recently in fact.

Looks a very chips in approach with Daniel and Jones in. Not unhappy with the changes but maybe a little short on pace, not that any of the outs give a lot of if outside of Freijah a bit.
This is the danger as I see it. Sydney have a lot of quick, very skillful players and if they're allowed to get their running chains going they'll be very dangerous. We will need the 4 quarter pressure we applied against Geelong to stifle their run.

Does feel like more of a soft dropping than managed for these guys. Will be interesting to see how many get straight back into the 22 against Melbourne.

Manged is the new dropped

We haven't been the type to list players as managed of late, in fact this is the first time in almost 2 years we've officially listed anyone as "managed"...

Managed Players Since 2021 GF
R3 2022 - Crozier - played VFL the following week
R8 2022 - Bontempelli - played AFL the following week
R9 2022 - Martin - did not play VFL or AFL for several months
R22 2022 - Bruce - played AFL the following week
R20 2024 - Freijah, Macrae, Sanders

Random stat.

Caleb Daniel's worst seven opponents (in terms of average disposals) are all interstate teams. The only interstate team he historically performs well against are the WCE.

That makes his inclusion even more bizarre.

We haven't been the type to list players as managed of late, in fact this is the first time in almost 2 years we've officially listed anyone as "managed"...

Managed Players Since 2021 GF
R3 2022 - Crozier - played VFL the following week
R8 2022 - Bontempelli - played AFL the following week
R9 2022 - Martin - did not play VFL or AFL for several months
R22 2022 - Bruce - played AFL the following week
R20 2024 - Freijah, Macrae, Sanders

Not very often that we play late Sunday then Friday night the next week though.

Bizarre scheduling ny the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back