Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

I am predicting us to lose this tomorrow. And given the other opponents above us have favorable match ups on paper, being two wins outside the eight looks realistic at the end of the round. But I'm not going to panic if that is indeed the case.

We should be able to win our final four games, and the teams above us have a few 8 point games vs each other, and some harder match ups as well.

But if we win tomorrow, my predictor had us finishing 4th by a bees d**k. And facing Sydney in Week One.

Seriously, who does this VFL fixturing? It’s becoming beyond a joke. So amateurish.

Randomly play swans again last round when the bye is now.

Then AFL has these short day breaks.

Are they using AI?

Watching North today and they’re using Jaidyn Stephenson off half back who can barely kick a drop punt properly.

Can see them asking the question about Caleb at seasons end and he will fill a need for them.

That felt like a "we may as well try this guy at a new position before we delist him" type of move.

They've had McKercher playing there and doing well this season. Presumably the plan would be to get him in the midfield at some stage, maybe as early as next season, so it would make sense for them to ask the question about Daniel.

I wonder if we would consider putting him at half back if Dale was to get hurt. Can't see them playing back there together any more but wonder if they would pull that move or they've decided that Caleb's days as a defender in our side are over.

Seriously, who does this VFL fixturing? It’s becoming beyond a joke. So amateurish.

It's not so much the fixturing that's the issue, it's the fact that a 23 game AFL season doesn't fit into an 18 game VFL season. The VFL was never meant to accommodate 21 teams nor become essentially an east coast reserves comp.

A return of a full AFL reserves competition is the only way to get parity each week with the seniors.

Francis one of the emergencies did not play VFL. May mean he replaces Hayward in the team the blues losing means the swans have just about wrapped up top spot and do not need risk anyone. If so it weakens their team further.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not so much the fixturing that's the issue, it's the fact that a 23 game AFL season doesn't fit into an 18 game VFL season. The VFL was never meant to accommodate 21 teams nor become essentially an east coast reserves comp.

A return of a full AFL reserves competition is the only way to get parity each week with the seniors.
Why wouldn’t it be a 20 game season to start with? The first issue would be every team not playing each other at least once.

Francis one of the emergencies did not play VFL. May mean he replaces Hayward in the team the blues losing means the swans just have just about wrapped up top spot and do not need risk anyone. If so it weakens their team further.
you are absolutely right. We’d be mad to risk Hayward. Now if only the suns would kick into gear…

We have the Swans covered for Talent across every line. Their home ground means it’ll be closer but we should be winning this game by 3-4 goals.

I don’t like the confidence, they are the top team for a reason. If we come out hard like the last two weeks, we should have a chance, but they will be wary and waiting after we nearly got them last time.

"Assuming Freo beat West Coast, huge chance for us to go a long way towards snuffing out any fairpuppies fairytale chances tomorrow. Could see them 2 games off 6th place with 4 to play if we knock them off. Come on boys!" 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs 3.20pm Sunday 28/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back