Changes v Carlton: Dawes, Mckenzie for Byrnes and Fitz

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the other thread but it works here

Im done affording excuses to anyone anymore I just dont give a shit , Like Roos said there are certain non-negotiables and too many blokes cant do them

Jack Watts
is a soft footballer, he refuses to put his body on the line unless it will benefit him in some way, Needs to be dropped immediately and told that If he doesnt want to put his body on the line for this side he can go and play for someone else I dont give a **** anymore if he is a nice kick or makes smart decisions.. ITS ******* USELESS WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE OR THE TIDE IS AGAINST US

Jack Grimes is a horrible horrible decision maker and executer under pressure, he constantly runs into trouble or sells a team mate up the river by handballing to high low or slow
He allowed his 2 game opponent to kick easy goals when the game was on the line by staying off him
Captain my ******* ass, i dont give a shit how hard he tries he hurts us being involved in anything

Michael Evans, Rohan Bail, Matt Jones and Dean Terlich
I am a big fan of Dean Terlich but you cant continue to play with these 4 guys who are essentially the same player
They try hard but there skills are so far below AFL level that they hurt us 50% of the time they are involved in a passage of play
Im all for keeping Dean Terlich in the side as he adds something defensively but his type should be a minority in a team not the majority

Who the **** do we bring in?
I don't know anymore

Out: Spencer, Bail, Byrnes

In: Jamar, Toumpas, Blease

We really need Jamar back ASAP, get him in.

Reckon the Toump and Blease give extra skills and pace over Bail and Byrnes, with our key forwards down we need these players to run forward, break lines and kick goals.

JKH to play a full game, Evans or M.Jones for the sub.

I remember being 8 years old and going to bed late one friday night in September 1998 crying. Saying "I will never follow you again Melbourne, you cause me too much pain!"

That was after a Prelim loss............. I wish I had the opportunity to be in the same prediciment again.

This Shit football has gone on for far too long........

Out: everyone who believes they are worth what they get paid.......

In: Rookies on minimal wage, who will play their arses off.

Start Docking players pay!

I remember being 8 years old and going to bed late one friday night in September 1998 crying. Saying "I will never follow you again Melbourne, you cause me too much pain!"

Ha I remember that night. I also remember having a similar reaction. So young, so innocent.

This is from the other thread but it works here

Im done affording excuses to anyone anymore I just dont give a shit , Like Roos said there are certain non-negotiables and too many blokes cant do them
Jack Watts is a soft footballer, he refuses to put his body on the line unless it will benefit him in some way, Needs to be dropped immediately and told that If he doesnt want to put his body on the line for this side he can go and play for someone else I dont give a **** anymore if he is a nice kick or makes smart decisions.. ITS ******* USELESS WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE OR THE TIDE IS AGAINST US

Jack Grimes is a horrible horrible decision maker and executer under pressure, he constantly runs into trouble or sells a team mate up the river by handballing to high low or slow
He allowed his 2 game opponent to kick easy goals when the game was on the line by staying off him
Captain my ******* ass, i dont give a shit how hard he tries he hurts us being involved in anything

Michael Evans, Rohan Bail, Matt Jones and Dean Terlich
I am a big fan of Dean Terlich but you cant continue to play with these 4 guys who are essentially the same player
They try hard but there skills are so far below AFL level that they hurt us 50% of the time they are involved in a passage of play
Im all for keeping Dean Terlich in the side as he adds something defensively but his type should be a minority in a team not the majority

Who the **** do we bring in?
I don't know anymore
Sorry but dropping Watts just because he is a 'soft footballer' is ludicrous. He still impacts games, and it would be absurd to drop one of the only players in the 22 with good foot skills. Give me a soft footballer with skill over more Terlich's and Evans's any day of the week.

Sorry but dropping Watts just because he is a 'soft footballer' is ludicrous. He still impacts games, and it would be absurd to drop one of the only players in the 22 with good foot skills. Give me a soft footballer with skill over more Terlich's and Evans's any day of the week.

No it's not , having a guy who has nice skills when it suits him and poor endeavour the rest of the time is one of the reasons this club is being held back
He is not playing the way he should be playing I don't give a **** if when he has space he can hit a target when the acids on an people need to stand up he shows nothing as an AFL player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Jamar, Clisby (put him on the wing), McKenzie (we need a stopper)

Blease, Toumpas in the mix, is Garland ready?

Out: Spencer (needs a rest), Evans (harsh after 1 game but fundamentals not there), possibly Byrnes

Fitzpatrick on thin ice but giving Jamar the whole load is iffy.

No it's not , having a guy who has nice skills when it suits him and poor endeavour the rest of the time is one of the reasons this club is being held back
He is not playing the way he should be playing I don't give a **** if when he has space he can hit a target when the acids on an people need to stand up he shows nothing as an AFL player

He wont change whether we drop him or not, he is who he is. I agree, trade at year end. But he isnt going to change at another club either. Youre either born with stones or youre not.

At the moment you cant drop him though, our team lacks way too may class disposal users already.

What annoys me most about Watts today was he laid a really solid tackle in the first quarter and ever threw the guy to the ground, I thought YES! perhaps Roosy is getting to him, but alas after that it was back to meek attempts, throwing an errant an arm out to pretend like he was trying to tackle etc. Damn it.

He wont change whether we drop him or not, he is who he is. I agree, trade at year end. But he isnt going to change at another club either. Youre either born with stones or youre not.

At the moment you cant drop him though, our team lacks way too may class disposal users already.

Put it this way, I can see why he was such a good basketball player

Its a non contact sport for anyone who missed that zinger

He doesnt have to be Johnno Brown, But I would love to see him stand his ground, not lose his feet easily or get pushed off the footy by a kid for just 2 matches in a row.. Is that too much to ask?
It doesnt take stones to do that just apart of you that wants to win the ball more than your opponent, and in my mind no amount of beautiful kicks from the outside of a pack makes up for it

Trade him for whatever we can get at the end of the year
What annoys me most about Watts today was he laid a really solid tackle in the first quarter and ever threw the guy to the ground, I thought YES! perhaps Roosy is getting to him, but alas after that it was back to meek attempts, throwing an errant an arm out to pretend like he was trying to tackle etc. Damn it.

He doesn't care, He just doesnt care if he loses a contest
Until we have 18 blokes on the field who are dirty on themselves every time they lose the footy, or miss a tackle then we dont even have a base to start at

In all seriouusness, for next week:

B: ??? Garland Pedersen
HB: Terlich McDonald ???
C: Tyson Jones Vince
HF: Toumpas Dunn ???
F: ??? Fitz JKH
R: Spencer Michie ???
Int: Salem ??? ??? ???

Can anyone seriously name me anyone outside of this group who deserves a game based on sheer effort? I sure as hell can't.

Can anyone seriously name me anyone outside of this group who deserves a game based on sheer effort? I sure as hell can't.

No
We dont have 22 Blokes who deserve to be playing at AFL level

Put Clisby in the back pocket

Throw the Russian in there somewhere, he may not be AA standard anymore but he is still one of our best ruckman.

And Gawn, solely to replace Watts bearded lady attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back