Changes V Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone really heard where Muston is at??? Haven't much about him over pre-season and judging from everyone else's posts he has not come into consideration even with a few changes looming.

A witches hat?

Or play a man short, either is a better option.

Ouch, that's a tad harsh.

Agree with the straight swap of moss in for hoops.

The others will depend on the MRP verdicts and whether lemo is right to go against the doggies. Agree with the sentiment that this week is going to be hard but hopefully we get a few big ins against the pies for round4 which we seem to play well against. Was initially worried about Jolly as he whooped us last year but LOL so far, spud.

JKT should get a gig against the doggies if ozzy or shiels gets done for time, with suckling coming in if we lose a 3rd.

Hopefully we dont lose both to suspension and lewis to injury for a week as i'm not sure who we'd bring in as a 4th. Would have to be a fringe player such as whitex, or one of the beau's etc.

I know that Dowler hasn't really done much to warrant a game, but I would like to see him come in for Morton. His ability to play closer to goal offers us more balance when Roughead goes into the ruck.

Otherwise when Roughy rucks, Buddy gets forced to stay too close to goal, and he stops leading and tries to play from behind. Plus we were forced to move Schoenmakers to half forward when Roughy went to the centre, and our backline was just too short.

The more stable structure should allow us to put Roughy in the centre more to relieve Renouf.

IN: Moss, Suckling, Dowler
OUT: Hooper (inj), Osborne (sus), Morton

JKT to come in for Shiels should he be suspended.

B: Guerra, Gilham, Murphy
HB: Birchall, Schoenmakers, Gibson
C: Ladson, Bateman, Ellis
HF: Peterson, Franklin, Lewis
F: Rioli, Roughead, Brown
R: Renouf, Hodge, Mitchell
IC: Dowler, Moss, Suckling, Shiels/JKT

Dowler hasn't played a match of any variety all season and hasn't trained much either in last few weeks. No way will he be an in this week.

Morton will keep his spot. Couple of average kicks on w/e but otherwise did ok.

Moss straight swap for Hoops.

Ossie and Shiels will prob be replaced by two of JKT/Suckling/Savage.

How I wish I could say replaced by Sewell and Burgoyne:(

Not to mention the addition of a mystery Ruckman:mad:

In: Moss, JKT, Suckling

Out: Osborne (suspended), Shiels (suspended), Hooper (Hamstring)

We need Lewis, otherwise Sewell must come back for him.

Guerra Gilham Gibson
Birchall Schoenmakers Ladson

Renouf Ellis Hodge
Bateman Mitchell Lewis

Peterson Franklin Rioli
Brown Roughead Morton

Int: JKT, Suckling, Moss, Murphy

Bolded Premiership Players.

Good point that. I would hate to see Ling go for that as he is one of the players in the league I respect the most. However the AFL I bet you will be looking for an example to tell the community they are serious about the new staging rule. This would be the perfect opportunity. High profile player and club captain.

Except he elbowed him in the side of the head.

And Johnson dived?

Far out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mmm. I don't see many people putting in a lisle or dowler (not to sure about his injury situation, anyone clarify?). For mine, if we don't play two ruckman, we will not win against top 8 sides and a few bottom 8 sides. This was highlighted against melbourne and geelong. we are seriously kidding ourselves if we think renouf can do it all alone.

out; osborne, shiels, hoops,
in; JKT, lisle/dowler, moss

this would mean a pretty slow team against the doggies, but going in with 1 ruckman is a proven match loser for us.

Have you seen the other angle of the incident?
If yes, did you manage to type that with a straight face?

The other angle? I saw the front on, close up shot where it was clear Shiels elbow connected to Ling's ear or just behind.

Doris, are you a closet Hawker?

Shiels missed Ling by a country mile and the 'ginger one' fell like he was fly-swatted WTF? (weak)

as for Johnson, don't start with that dirty stinking diver...please :rolleyes:

I can't keep away, threads like this and the 5 whining about umpires are too good to miss.

Looked like he just caught Lings ear. Dude sold it like a gunshot though.

The problem with Shiels was the intent and raising the elbow, I agree it was very soft contact and Ling would have got the bronze statue for it. Ossies wasn't that bad, he tucked his arms in and made contact when the ball was in dispute, not like Kosi when he went past the ball. I thought there was a hit on Murphy that could have been looked at more closely.

I think we need to bring in some more run, we just had concrete boots on during the last quarter and apart from Shiels and Bateman nobody was running hard into space.

Whats the story with Young, Burger, Muston and Dowler - where are they at.

I would like to JKT come in as he has a good size about him and can kick a long way. We need to do what Geelong did to us, get the ball in quickly to our two talls one on one not wait until everyone floods back and double teams Franky and Roughy.

The other angle? I saw the front on, close up shot where it was clear Shiels elbow connected to Ling's ear or just behind.

I can't keep away, threads like this and the 5 whining about umpires are too good to miss.

Don't forget the one about Chapman still not over The Great 08' GF Robbery. Might even turn it into a movie some day.....

Shiels will be fine...

As for the changes -

Moss for Hooper
Stratton for Murphy (this guy turns the ball over, time and time again)
Grimley for ?????

GEEPONG = BIGGEST TEAM OF DIVERS & SOOKS IN THE AFL :thumbsdown:
I think Murphy has been very good this year as for turning it over he has been 2nd for disposal efficency in both games with 90% and 83% when our average is about 71% i think you look no further than scheonmakers for poor disposal single handedly had more influence on the result than any other player

Yeh, was gong to say the same thing. "Time and time again" - probably equates to 2 or 3 ineffective disposals for a game. No wonder he thinks Murphy should be dropped. I'm not big on stats showing the big picture in a game but clearly effective disposal stats surely support Murphy. Except for those unfortunately, not prepared to give one of their own Hawk players a fair go.

The problem with Shiels was the intent and raising the elbow, I agree it was very soft contact and Ling would have got the bronze statue for it.

No doubt about that, Shiels was going for the head and should consider himself lucky that he at most clipped Ling.

What pisses me off is that I really respect Ling as a player and he is far too good to act for frees. Could say the same for Riedwolt but I've never liked him.

Three definate outs and 3 definate ins Suckling, Moss and JKT. If lewis is out as well then somebody like Stratton, Lisle or Durea might make their debut or maybe Whitecross could come in. He has played the last couple at Box Hill and played well apparently.
Our outs hurt us this week, Osborne, Hooper and Shiels all have leg speed and can apply good defensive pressure.

Apparenlty Young played well for Box Hill in a practice match on the w/e, Hopefully he can play and provide that long kicking into the foward line that we missed all of last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back