Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't for a lack of trying.

Lobb is smashing everyone in the air at the moment. Can't believe it myself but the campaigner has been in AA CHB form for the last 6 weeks. If he played all year he'd have a jacket.

He took 9 marks on Cameron and kept him to a goal.
Yeah, but don’t be condescending to Mojo. 🤦‍♂️

Sorry but might be worth looking up the stats instead of assuming. The 1970 Semi-Final between Collingwood and Carlton for instance had a crowd of 112,838.
Happy to stand corrected that makes sense same year the same teams got 121,000 at the GF . I’m off to the Carlton board to track their match day thread should make interesting reading.

I was at the game last night, with my 10 year old daughter who is a massive Harry Potter fan and she loves the Wizard Watson and loved bay 9.5 with all the peeps dressed up as Wizards.

For me, obviously nerves and excitement engulfed me. Being back at the G on a Friday night under lights at footy final was epic. How we have all missed it!

Probably like most, felt half way through the 2nd qtr of the game the momentum and control was finally going our way.

The whole team was awesome last night! What a great energy and synergy they’ve built up this season. It’s just a dream!

Got home after the game last night and watched 3rd and 4th qtrs, was in bed just after 1am.

After doing all the must dos this morning, I then sat down for lunch and watched the game again including the Fox footy lead up, to hear what they had to say pre game.

Isn’t this the best feeling? I’m still on Cloud 9!

I’ve already booked flights and accommodation for Adelaide this Friday. Just need to get the tix, but I will be there Friday night and probably bring a wizard hat and robe to wear too!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There were 100% Bronx cheers then following that the crowd cheered in a supporting manner. Chol was getting bagged all night near me though by different people which was odd. I thought his defender was often right up his ass and he didn’t have much of a chance to mark much

He did have a frustrating night, but anyone getting into him should reflect on how good he's been for us this year. Can't understand how you could lose perspective on this so quickly.

There may be a technique thing he can work on with his hands in the slippery conditions. Get out the grippo next week!

Cholly was the one low-light last night, unfortunately.

I think you can accept a game when a player isn't sticking his marks, but to consistently lack the endeavor to affect a contest, is really disappointing.

I thought we had 2 players that were beaten on the night Chol and Dylan Moore,who was tagged, by Bailey Dale and had 3-4 more possessions than Moore.

I was at the game last night, with my 10 year old daughter who is a massive Harry Potter fan and she loves the Wizard Watson and loved bay 9.5 with all the peeps dressed up as Wizards.

For me, obviously nerves and excitement engulfed me. Being back at the G on a Friday night under lights at footy final was epic. How we have all missed it!

Probably like most, felt half way through the 2nd qtr of the game the momentum and control was finally going our way.

The whole team was awesome last night! What a great energy and synergy they’ve built up this season. It’s just a dream!

Got home after the game last night and watched 3rd and 4th qtrs, was in bed just after 1am.

After doing all the must dos this morning, I then sat down for lunch and watched the game again including the Fox footy lead up, to hear what they had to say pre game.

Isn’t this the best feeling? I’m still on Cloud 9!

I’ve already booked flights and accommodation for Adelaide this Friday. Just need to get the tix, but I will be there Friday night and probably bring a wizard hat and robe to wear too!

Toying with the idea of driving over, it’s so exciting! I’m a 47 year old man and this is as exciting as I can remember. Sam Mitchell is a f-$king legend. Bring on port and then who knows. GO HAWKS!!!!

I thought we had 2 players that were beaten on the night Chol and Dylan Moore,who was tagged, by Bailey Dale and had 3-4 more possessions than Moore.

Yeah, Moore definitely didn't get off the chain, and it was disappointing he fluffed his shot at goal, but I wouldn't blame him for it. As they were saying during the North game, it's often harder to break a tag when your team is otherwise flying, as there's less incentive to try what's not working.

Loved his little head tap on faux tough man Daniel.

Hope that blood nut moron cops a striking fine for retaliating.

I loved the way Ginni sticks up for the you guys!
I was very critical of our recruitment of Ginni but by hell he is earning his respect!
Hats off!

Moore was poor by his standards. Not his best game score wise but he was always on the move, linking up. Dale was terrible on the other hand. Got 1/4 of his disposals from kick ins, zero score involvements from one of the better attacking half backs in the comp this year. I wouldn't call that a win.

Moore was poor by his standards. Not his best game score wise but he was always on the move, linking up. Dale was terrible on the other hand. Got 1/4 of his disposals from kick ins, zero score involvements from one of the better attacking half backs in the comp this year. I wouldn't call that a win.
Agreed. Read back through the preview thread and there were plenty suggesting to have Finn tag Dale as he was one of the main threats. He had zero impact in terms of turning D50 ball into attack for the Dogs, so whilst Dylan wasn’t at his greatest that tactic took away one of their main weapons.

I think the one player that hasn’t received enough recognition for his game is Massimo ‘thank you *’ D’Ambrossio! Another cracker of a game.

Meek got it all in started in the ruck along with Newk. Sicily, Scrimmers and the rest of the defensive gang controlled the back end, and then the young lads up front finished it all off.

What a fun night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would after Dylan’s potential best and fairest form for the year?

I would after Dylan’s potential best and fairest form for the year?

He wasn't beaten though, it was a no contest if anything. A one all draw. Moore had a below average game, and the Bulldogs best half back was a complete non factor.

Chol was beaten, sure, because Lobb was probably the Dogs' best. Don't think the Dogs would have considered Dale's game a win.

He wasn't beaten though, it was a no contest if anything. A one all draw. Moore had a below average game, and the Bulldogs best half back was a complete non factor.

Chol was beaten, sure, because Lobb was probably the Dogs' best. Don't think the Dogs would have considered Dale's game a win.

Just to nullify our best performing player for the year I would call one win for the Bulldogs!

We pretty well almost won every position on the ground so that is a massive win to us!

Surely you would give them a couple of wins across the field ?
We won the rest with a few breaking even ?

And to think I got smashed from pillar to post at the start of the year for daring to suggest that the gap between him and Reeves wasn't that big

I had your back. I remember a lot of attacks directed at you by some of our esteemed mods though.

Absolute filth by Richards. He tried to coward punch Dear from behind.

He should get quite a few weeks for that, but he won't.
The most disappointing thing for me was there was no one that came in and remonstrated with Richards. Even thou he didn't connect the intent was there and the boys should have gone in after him to let him know.
(dog act)

Bay 14 was absolutely pumping! What an atmosphere it was.
This club man
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Just told the Mrs if we make the GF it’s a dash home keen to sit beside me for
Would be keen but I think realistically I have to stay over here - was lucky enough to go to 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Although if we make the GF may have to revisit this thought process -> Leaving Thursday arrive early Saturday AM; leave on Sunday to arrive Monday early AM in time to make it for work.....

Not enough love for Mass. Supreme skills in & around the contest. Gut running, quick hands & precision kicking. His Nono would have gone home & opened the 'good scotch' after that effort. Bravo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back