Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope our coaching staff are ready for the Hawks, they look primed to run, run and run. Not a tall team. If we lose and it's because of the Hawks dinking it around I'll be so pissed.
Don’t really like Sonny in because of this reason

Those Hawks kids will run rings around him

No shortage of Walkers in Peel game. One each team. Neither are Brandon. Reckon he was in selected 23 but declared unfit at last moment. AfL requires 3 emergencies to be named so Brandon became one rather than pulling one up from Peel and also knowing that we had
Pretty sure Brandon Walker is sitting on Peel's half back line.....hopefully he lines up on his twin Chris during the game.....both a pretty quick.

Maybe the match committee thought with Ginnivan being out Walker wasn't a must have. But I would think he would be a good matchup for Moore who is in AA form, not to mention what he brings offensively. We get cut up by those smalls when he isn't playing aka Bolton last week.

Still think our match committee plays it safe and isn't prepared to make the tough calls you need to make with a full available squad, a luxury we haven't had often. Sometimes coach favourites need to make way for team balance.

Walker and Pearce are our only B23 players missing. If Walker was passed fit there’s no doubt in my mind he would have been picked. It’s a luxury to have Aish and Wagner also available, both will be playing to keep their spot next week.
Who do we think will be sub, Walters again?

I'm sorry but I think that's sad. Anyone here should feel safe enough to have an opinion, throw up an idea which is perhaps out of the box etc even if no one else agrees with it. It's a bloody discussion board/forum. And I do acknowledge that Snuff didn't want you to delete your post but we don't need that pressure or perceived pressure on here.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for the backup mate, not necessary tho.

I was just being a sook coz nobody was agreeing with what was probably a pretty silly thought.

I'm a huge Jye fan, kind of embarrassed I even suggested it

Thanks for the backup mate, not necessary tho.

I was just being a sook coz nobody was agreeing with what was probably a pretty silly thought.

I'm a huge Jye fan, kind of embarrassed I even suggested it
I guess that's the point though, it is still a decent conversation to have.

Even if I didn't agree there's a couple of good points to discuss;
  • What's the best way to get the most out of Amiss?
  • If Amiss was out how would the forward line look now?

I guess that's the point though, it is still a decent conversation to have.

Even if I didn't agree there's a couple of good points to discuss;
  • What's the best way to get the most out of Amiss?
  • If Amiss was out how would the forward line look now?
Voss needs to put his kicking boots on this week for this to be an actual discussion, 2.7 from his 3 games to date is not AFL standard. He gets another chance, let’s hope he makes the most of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss needs to put his kicking boots on this week for this to be an actual discussion, 2.7 from his 3 games to date is not AFL standard. He gets another chance, let’s hope he makes the most of it
I take your point about the accuracy but nevertheless in terms of creating scoring opportunity and what else he did on the ground I would say 2.7 from your first 3 games is overall better than expected for AFL standard. The only reason he hasn't been given more games is JJJ.

I take your point about the accuracy but nevertheless in terms of creating scoring opportunity and what else he did on the ground I would say 2.7 from your first 3 games is overall better than expected for AFL standard. The only reason he hasn't been given more games is JJJ.
Well 2.7 in this context sucks because the only reason people even contemplate dropping Jye is accuracy

So his only 3 AFL games ever? Given the nascent stage of his career and the team as a whole was widely inaccurate for two of them (13.33 in total vs StK and Syd), it would be incredibly tough putting it on him.

Whatever the state of his accuracy, structurally I reckon it's a great move to be able bring him in now. He's got that huge physical side to his game as well, which is rewarding within itself. But you'd think he'd be feeling pretty good about his goal kicking too with his recent WAFL bags.

sad we don't have Moose and they have Sicily, but he is still with them to encourage them
Have Cox. Their forward line is small by the looks. Ryan will be busy as well

Treacy will be bulldozing Sicily as much as he can. Would love to see Voss go in hard too.

Hi all! Just wondering if Freo have released any open training times in Launceston before tomorrows game?

Wouldn't mind taking the young fella down for a watch

Good luck for tomorrow!!

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Generally Friday morning is the captain’s run. Just head down and pretty sure they’ll run out eventually

So his only 3 AFL games ever? Given the nascent stage of his career and the team as a whole was widely inaccurate for two of them (13.33 in total vs StK and Syd), it would be incredibly tough putting it on him.

Whatever the state of his accuracy, structurally I reckon it's a great move to be able bring him in now. He's got that huge physical side to his game as well, which is rewarding within itself. But you'd think he'd be feeling pretty good about his goal kicking too with his recent WAFL bags.
Referencing the Sydney and St Kilda games team accuracy is exactly what I’m talking about, he blew early chances in both which added to the entire team’s increased pressure to kick them which resulted in more misses.
Had he not blown those chances the team may well have kicked a lot better, Jye went back and slotted a beautiful set shot in Sydney v2 game and set the tone for the rest of our forwards to follow.
I like Voss a lot, but to seriously suggest he should play over Jye, he needs to demonstrate composure at the top level and take his chances.

Walker and Pearce are our only B23 players missing. If Walker was passed fit there’s no doubt in my mind he would have been picked. It’s a luxury to have Aish and Wagner also available, both will be playing to keep their spot next week.
Who do we think will be sub, Walters again?

It's worth finding room in your brain for a scenario where Walker is fit but isn't picked. Largely because he is named to play for Peel tomorrow.

IMO, there is no such thing as a best 22. Or if there is, there's 24 players in it. So if everyone is fit, there's a very worthy player (Walker this week) who'll miss out and another who'll start as the sub.

VERY good problem to have this time of year...

It's worth finding room in your brain for a scenario where Walker is fit but isn't picked. Largely because he is named to play for Peel tomorrow.

IMO, there is no such thing as a best 22. Or if there is, there's 24 players in it. So if everyone is fit, there's a very worthy player (Walker this week) who'll miss out and another who'll start as the sub.

VERY good problem to have this time of year...
Nah, in my brain it must be he needs limited minutes and they don’t want to risk him at the top level, if he’s fully fit and they are playing Aish and Wagner ahead of him, the MC are fruit loops. Guess we’ll know next week

Nah, in my brain it must be he needs limited minutes and they don’t want to risk him at the top level, if he’s fully fit and they are playing Aish and Wagner ahead of him, the MC are fruit loops. Guess we’ll know next week

Why do you reckon he would need limited minutes? He only missed one game. If anything I'd have thought he should be freshened up for more minutes.

I’d imagine they felt neither Aish nor Wagner deserved to be dropped. Also Walker still needs to tidy up his disposal decision making. Does burn the ball. A game at Peel isn’t a bad thing. He has played at least one game there this year.

I do agree though that as lock down defender for the slippery smalls he is our best.

Hawks have some handy smalls but nothing that matches the class of Pickett, Bolton, Stengle or Cameron.

Why do you reckon he would need limited minutes? He only missed one game. If anything I'd have thought he should be freshened up for more minutes.
There's also a long flight (two?) to consider, plus freezing conditions in Tassie. Not the best for a player coming back from injury.

Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back