Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, it's more that his service to marking targets I50 is under-rated.

He's an appalling finisher himself, but I don't think that’s his primary role. An improvement in that area of his game would be beneficial, especially when opportunities present and others for whom it's a more primary focus aren't converting.

I don't see him as fwd in the traditional sense. He's a feeder, not a finisher. His attributes allow us to attack from a quite specific area of the ground to a limited but predictable area(s) I50. It's an option that isn't over exposed but a credible threat so has to be covered. The covering of it creates space and opens up other attacking options.

With 3 tall marking options I50, there's a place for it.
It's somewhat ironic that he's a slightly better player because he's not actually generating shots at goal himself (which normally you'd have as a positive...)

4 scoring shots in the last 9 rounds, 12 in the 12 rounds before that...

It's somewhat ironic that he's a slightly better player because he's not actually generating shots at goal himself (which normally you'd have as a positive...)

4 scoring shots in the last 9 rounds, 12 in the 12 rounds before that...
I do enjoy a nice bit of irony. With VDM (the fwd), if you're looking at conversion, you're looking in the wrong place.

The Western Bulldogs will make at least three changes against North Melbourne this Sunday.

Tim English will miss the clash with an ankle injury, while Riley Garcia (omitted) and Nick Coffield (omitted) will also miss.

Joel Freijah is the only confirmed inclusion at this stage, with Harvey Gallagher, Arthur Jones, Alex Keath, Jack Macrae and James O’Donnell making up part of the extended interchange.

The Western Bulldogs will make at least three changes against North Melbourne this Sunday.

Tim English will miss the clash with an ankle injury, while Riley Garcia (omitted) and Nick Coffield (omitted) will also miss.

Joel Freijah is the only confirmed inclusion at this stage, with Harvey Gallagher, Arthur Jones, Alex Keath, Jack Macrae and James O’Donnell making up part of the extended interchange.
Garcia is obviously on Bevo’s sh*t list. I don’t like that. He is hard and physical which we clearly need more of.

So ... no Gardy. And VDM holds his place.

No surprises there.

Looks like Darcy will do most of the ruckwork.
Or will Bevo pull a swifty and bring in Keath (who is an emergency) and give most of the ruckwork to Lobb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could name at least half a dozen blokes that were worse than Garcia last week but Bevo’s whipping boy gets dropped again. Honestly wouldn’t blame him if he left at the end of the year.
On a more positive note good to see Freijah back in. Hopefully he makes the 22.

Could name at least half a dozen blokes that were worse than Garcia last week but Bevo’s whipping boy gets dropped again. Honestly wouldn’t blame him if he left at the end of the year.
He has.

Luckily most players have more of a backbone than that

9 tackles last week too. At least he tried to have a crack.

I suspect Macrae has just taken his spot as the 5th midfielder in the side with his performances. Bevo clearly doesn’t have any faith in him to play a pure forward role.

Is West at risk of losing his spot or just a warning shot? Jones has been added to the extended bench.

He’s been reasonably quiet for a month but thought his credits were enough.

Is West at risk of losing his spot or just a warning shot? Jones has been added to the extended bench.

He’s been reasonably quiet for a month but thought his credits were enough.

I would've thought he'd be very safe

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back