Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s why they are in the crowd. Not playing or coaching as the have NFI
Females have always been a mainstay of aussie rules members, supporters and watchers. They are as astute as anyone and do have a FI about success on the ground. My mother and sisters were far more analytical of performance than the emotional responses of the male members of our family.
It took years for so called media analysts to catch up with the weaknesses of the dogs. Watchers had noticed same long before them.

he's shit end of story - up there with the likes of honeychurch, mcComb and gowers. IMO i think he's the worst dogs player ive seen. gifted 50 AFL games

always look at stats and he never lays a tackle

The way the football always manages to repeatedly avoid Vandermeer's grasp led me to believe he had an inimitable style. But that was before I saw Raygun....

Females have always been a mainstay of aussie rules members, supporters and watchers. They are as astute as anyone and do have a FI about success on the ground. My mother and sisters were far more analytical of performance than the emotional responses of the male members of our family.
It took years for so called media analysts to catch up with the weaknesses of the dogs. Watchers had noticed same long before them.
Gee thanks. So nice to be recognised for being as astute as anyone despite my gender.

Gee thanks. So nice to be recognised for being as astute as anyone despite my gender.
Peace Out Reaction GIF

every dogs fan i know also shares the same opinion of VDM
Most likely supporters with low IQ and not really understanding the game. I’ll happily bet anyone VDM keeps his position because he plays his role consistently most weeks and he isn’t the reason we lost. However it’s easier to blame him being he is a role player instead of blaming Marra Darcy libba etc etc

TBF Jen, it was a general observation and a somewhat clumsy attempt to acknowledge that football acumen is not the sole preserve of a particular and/or historically associative gender. I'm sure I'm not alone in recognising your levels of astuteness as being above average.

TBF Jen, it was a general observation and a somewhat clumsy attempt to acknowledge that football acumen is not the sole preserve of a particular and/or historically associative gender. I'm sure I'm not alone in recognising your levels of astuteness as being above average.
I know and I wasn't really cranky. It was just a strange response to the OP who was in effect making a gender neutral point that the crowd’s view might not be the most reliable analysis of players roles, strengths etc Clumsy is a good word. No biggie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they give VDM a headstart they won't run him down
To me, it's more that his service to marking targets I50 is under-rated.

He's an appalling finisher himself, but I don't think that’s his primary role. An improvement in that area of his game would be beneficial, especially when opportunities present and others for whom it's a more primary focus aren't converting.

I don't see him as fwd in the traditional sense. He's a feeder, not a finisher. His attributes allow us to attack from a quite specific area of the ground to a limited but predictable area(s) I50. It's an option that isn't over exposed but a credible threat so has to be covered. The covering of it creates space and opens up other attacking options.

With 3 tall marking options I50, there's a place for it.

How am I a keyboard warrior? You’re on a footy forum..

Tough is putting your snout over the footy. Not lipping at opposition players when you firstly;
A) struggle to find the footy yourself and;
B) Don’t put your body on the line.
You also called him a knob lol
True keyboard warrior stuff.

How am I a keyboard warrior? You’re on a footy forum..

Tough is putting your snout over the footy. Not lipping at opposition players when you firstly;
A) struggle to find the footy yourself and;
B) Don’t put your body on the line.
"Don't put you're body on the line" lmfao
Do you seriously think professional coaches care about coward keyboard warriors?

"Don't put you're body on the line" lmfao
Do you seriously think professional coaches care about coward keyboard warriors?

You may as well shut the whole forum down with your lack of critical thinking. You’re on an online football forum, with thousands of people having an opinion on all footy matters.

You do get that right?

If you don’t want to read any opinions, and want to focus on the “professionals”, do us a favour and take a hike buddy.

Not sure why we always have to have a whipping I am guilty as charged especially after an unexpected loss. The baton has been handed over many times in recent years Gardiner to McComb back to Gardiner and then exchanged between McNeill and VDM. Looks like VDM holds it at the moment and needs a really good game to pass it on. One play that VDM can always claim as the reason we made 2021 GF was the rushed point against the lions in the semi final.

Not sure why we always have to have a whipping I am guilty as charged especially after an unexpected loss. The baton has been handed over many times in recent years Gardiner to McComb back to Gardiner and then exchanged between McNeill and VDM. Looks like VDM holds it at the moment and needs a really good game to pass it on. One play that VDM can always claim as the reason we made 2021 GF was the rushed point against the lions in the semi final.
Yeah I guess the fringe players are easy targets when it seems often when we lose the whole team is down. Plus it’s frustrating that fringe players get regular games rather than rewarding good form of VFL guys but we don’t always understand whether they are fulfilling their roles perhaps 🤔

Weird but I think I'd like to see Caleb given a full game this week. Looked great as sub for the time he was given on Sunday. Is he willing to bust his ass to get back into the side co
me finals? Let's give him a crack against North.

Yes, the question will be if we play finals do we go for experience in Caleb and Jacko or look at speed. My guess one or the other plays but they will not play together. I think Bevo has moved pass both at the same time. Unless he has a plan one is sub for example Jacko and both play a 50% role busting their asses for a half and allowing more rotations. That would be radical thinking because there is always the risk of injury.

Most likely supporters with low IQ and not really understanding the game. I’ll happily bet anyone VDM keeps his position because he plays his role consistently most weeks and he isn’t the reason we lost. However it’s easier to blame him being he is a role player instead of blaming Marra Darcy libba etc etc

Yeh that’s you 🤣

We can’t afford to carry spud passengers

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back