Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

If we find ourselves in Freo's position of in front with a surging Carlton I just hope we've practiced the two minute drill, the umpires have shown they'll try and get Carlton over the line so we need to be smart about it.

Wishful thinking I know to think we may be a chance of winning but we tend to play better against perceived top 4 teams.

But he’s a great player, we can’t be expected to have stopped him
Carlton mids have a knack of stats padding as hard as Crouch and Laird. I remember our win against them a couple of years back at AO where Walsh and Cripps both had 35-40+ disposals, but it never felt like Carlton's midfield were on top as so much of it was junk ball. They are also just coming off a spanking by Freo's midfield.

Of course their midfield is better than ours, but that hasn't always translated to wins for Carlton. Their supporters are a lot more nervous than I expected! They seem to think these are the type of games they drop, especially coming off a fairly average performance against Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we find ourselves in Freo's position of in front with a surging Carlton I just hope we've practiced the two minute drill, the umpires have shown they'll try and get Carlton over the line so we need to be smart about it.

Wishful thinking I know to think we may be a chance of winning but we tend to play better against perceived top 4 teams.
Our entire gameplan feels like we're doing the 2 minute drill.

I reckon Pedlar comes back in for Burgess too. Coming off no SANFL game always hold you in good regard at AFC selection meetings.
Is there anything more AFC than getting dropped, not playing a game and then getting promoted back to the side?

Is there anything more AFC than getting dropped, not playing a game and then getting promoted back to the side?
Making the young guy who only played last game accountable for the bad loss...

I guess the positive for the club is we are all melted out

There will be no anger , grief or denial - just acceptance
I have already accepted that our season is completely ****ed & we are no chance of finals.

I can’t see a bucket load of changes.

After watching the Twos play South Adelaide I said,

1) Only Nankervis and Dowling should be promoted. It looks like we need to see at least another good game from Dowling but I would have played him last week.

2) Curtin seems to lack a bit of confidence in his body at the moment but hopefully we see him in the AFL soon.

3) I thought Ryan, Bond and Edwards showed some good signs but we’re not screaming pick me yet.

4) Parnell was the best of the medium/small defenders. Hamill couldn’t get into the game against the Panthers but with Milera and Parnell injured he is the next man up.

5) Gollant struggled but would he offer less than Burgess?

We have heaps of younger players who are either out of form (Hinge, Jones, Pedlar) or are possibly not up to AFL (Berry, Sholl, Cook, Parnell, McHenry, Hamill etc). Then there is the long list of more experienced players who are playing below their best.

Changes???????
Out - Parnell. In - Hamill (last chance saloon)
Out - Burgess In - Gollant

Next week we bring in the best performers from the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back