Changes vs Essendon (Team in OP. Wells, Phillips & Cox in; Blair, White & Smith out)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel 7 Reported that Smith for Cox as late change is a Real Possibility
They have to report something.

Media just talk crap.... a bit like big footy :eek:

They have to report something.

Media just talk crap.... a bit like big footy :eek:
Well they have a 50/50 of getting it right. Melbourne showed tonight if you lose a ruckman it's even harder to win, but then two rucks in the wet can slow a team down. Toss of the coin

Given our carry over emergency is Smith I hope Cox plays.
In some way l agree, as do not want Darcy to ruck in those conditions

They might be garbage but so are we. With our game plan we will be lucky to kick 12 goals. That's on a good night.

Yep. I am worried about a repeat of an Anzac Day game a number of years back - must've been under Malthouse. It was wet and we just kept getting done over out the back as the ball skidded through to a lonely Essendon forward - over and over........... Our current game plan makes it all the more likely.

Might've been the one where Zaharakis finished us off with a big run out of the centre?

The forward line does exist, and there are dangerous players in there, Broomhead, Fasolo, Elliott, Hoskin-Elliott are all capable goalkickers. Throw in Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Treloar to play more time up forward, and get Moore and Cox to just compete all ariel balls, we should be able to kick a winning score. Just need decent delivery inside 50.
Yeah no Pendlebury is ok on the run but is one of the worst set shots in our team. He's dangerous but unless he actually starts converting this year we will only see his average disposal in front of goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this rain continues thru the night into tomorrow, does Cox still play?.....l think the more it rains, the more a non factor Cox will be for tomorrow. Prefer a smaller forward line in the wet.
Cox will be huge around stoppages and there will be a LOT in the wet. He needs to play. They will be throwing the ball up, his height is a huge advantage.

Cox plays no matter what imo. Elliot and Fasolo just follow him all match. If he doesn't mark it, we should score. He gives us a target, and that's exactly what we are lacking at the moment.

If Smith comes in and this rain continues then I think he may very well finish the game with 0% efficiency next to his name.

Cox has to play and take the pressure off Moore regardless of rain. It's not like we are going in with a three tall forward line.

Most confident I have been about a Collingwood game all season. Typically Collingwood needs to get smashed by the media to play well. The playing group chooses when to tackle hard and when they don't want to (3/4 games). The bashing from the media must really pump up the interesting and unusual personalities we have on our list.

Wayne Carey was spot on about what our poor game plan that strongly relies "tackling pressure". We need over 100 tackles a game in order to win a game. I think we will tomorrow and if it wasn't going to be wet I would be confident of a stronger win but the rain evens it out slightly, unfortunately. In saying that though it also helps us in that it will bring Essendon's disposal efficiency to our level lol.

This game is the biggest must win game in Buckley's coaching career. A loss could potentially end it. This isn't just a must win for Buckley, this is imo is the most important game for the club since the end of the 2013 season when we last played finals and to add to all that it's the Anzac Day game.

A loss today would just about destroy the club and I wouldn't want to imagine what the fans are going to feel/do but to say it will get ugly is an understatement.

Pies by 15 points. Adams or Wells for the medal.

At the end of the day it's just a footy game. Life goes on like always and especially being ANZAC Day, it's a reminder to some who treat AFL as life or death that there are a lot more important things in life than AFL. Enjoy the day, remember the ones who fought for the best nation in the world so we could call ourselves that today.

Lest We Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back