Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

He was probably pumped full of painkillers. Let's face it, the Adelaide and Melbourne games are more important to our season, so they won't take any chances.

Then why don't they?

Jetta is better at Jetta's job.

He's been an emergency a couple of times, so I'd give him a run anyway.

:thumbsu:
Yes the Crows and Dees are important games, but I reckon Geelong are cherry ripe for the pickin this week, but dont tell anyone shhhhh;)
Also I'm a wee bit worried about Spike's ankle, is Prissa comes in and plays
good footy then Spike is gonna be the icing on the cake (not forgetting Welsh of course.
One question to everybody with all these good players coming in do we have to be careful who we drop? We cant afford to be taking to much pace out of the team because that is our strength? Could Spike find himself playing forward and Welsh in the backline, that would add some strength to both lines!

If Prescott is right about DEMSPEY- thats AWESOME news.

After the rapid changes effecting the squad in the last 48 hours with Bendigo form, injuries & suspensions I am not sure is we should not omit anyone.

Would any one consider either Danhier or Aitkinson into the team to replace NLM ?
Both are quick and would really add to our run especially down back.

Daniher could switch up forward if needs be like NLM. Aitkinson is almost a perfect match to play on Varcoe or could be played in a small forward frontal pressure roll similar to Davey this would free Davey to play more in the midfield like his brother does with the Dees.

(revised for the third time.)
IN: Daniher,
OUT: NLM (susp.),

which is a shame, i mean.
rd9_2009_45.jpg

though we still have ryder
rd9_2009_38.jpg

How good is that aerial.

rooke is not a permanent fixture anywhere for the cats - depending on matchups he plays forward, defence and midfield on occasions. If essendon go small up forward then rooke could easily end up down back.

Rooke has played permanent forward for Gellong since the last half of 2008.

And he is doing a fine job !

Why does Motlop always kill us in the first half, and Ebert in the second half when we play Port?

Slats is our best small defender, Johnson their best small forward. Obvious matchup to anyone who doesn't have a crusade.

With the MRP, Bendigo and injuries having been done now:

OUT: NLM (susp.), Dempsey (inj.), McPhee (inj.), Lonergan
IN: Daniher, T Slattery, Skipworth, Prismall

Daniher to play the forward/back swingman role that NLM does.

T Slattery to provide Dempsey's run off half back.

Skipworth to play in the forward line again.

Prismall to demolish his old club. Lonergan has been out of form recently, and needs to get a stack of it in the magoos.

On Jetta: His in my team because he's forward pressure will be vital against the Geelong backline.

Are you being sarcastic !

Slattery best performances this season have been on small, crumbing forwards - I would hardly call Johston a small forward !

Posters accuse Slattery of being slow but I haven't seem him cut up by pace too often this year.

The injury to Hurley has thrown a spanner into the works.

I would be VERY TEMPTED to throw Laycock in this week. Even if we could get 50 to 60 valuable minutes from him - It will give Ryder a rest and the chance to spend time in the forward line.

The key to beating geelong is two fold

- break close to even in the midfield
- kick the ball to leading forwards to make their defenders accountable

Slatts is not the right match up for Johnson IMHO. He doesn't go well on Motlop or Birdman Burton either, too good in the air as is Johnson.
Dempsey to Johnson
Slatts to... Varcoe? Djerkura?

Dempsey will definitely start on Stevie J if he plays.

Houli to Varcoe.

If Jetta plays this weekend I'm gona bang my head on the door till I pass out!

While watching him at the game on Saturday he was easily the worst in our 22!

IN: Myers, Lucas
Out: Jetta, Neagle

Slatts is not the right match up for Johnson IMHO. He doesn't go well on Motlop or Birdman Burton either, too good in the air as is Johnson.
Dempsey to Johnson
Slatts to... Varcoe? Djerkura?

When we played Adelaide last year (the week after Dreamtime), Welsh started on Burton and was ripped a new one. When Slattery went onto him, he was effective stopped with Slattery winning numerous one-on-one contests. I actually thought it was Slattery's best game of the year.

He will go to Stevie J. Why on earth would we put our most attacking defender on their most attacking forward? You are robbing Peter to pay Paul. We need to run and attack, and Dempsey won't be able to do that if he is forced to play on Johnson.

I would bring in Lucas for (NLM) to play on Mooney and play Pears on SJ.
Dempsey needs to be able to run and set up play out of our back line!
Houli to Varcoe.
Also just thinking outside the square, would it be benefitial to put Budda on SJ???
SJ is just as important if not more important to shut down than anyone of their mids??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does Motlop always kill us in the first half, and Ebert in the second half when we play Port?

Slats is our best small defender, Johnson their best small forward. Obvious matchup to anyone who doesn't have a crusade.

With the MRP, Bendigo and injuries having been done now:

OUT: NLM (susp.), Dempsey (inj.), McPhee (inj.), Lonergan
IN: Daniher, T Slattery, Skipworth, Prismall

Daniher to play the forward/back swingman role that NLM does.

T Slattery to provide Dempsey's run off half back.

Skipworth to play in the forward line again.

Prismall to demolish his old club. Lonergan has been out of form recently, and needs to get a stack of it in the magoos.

On Jetta: His in my team because he's forward pressure will be vital against the Geelong backline.

McPhee injured? Got a source?

In: McVeigh, Reimers, Skipworth
Out: NLM, Dempsey, Jetta

even though we have 3 good players returning there i still think its losing way too much speed. also i think even though jetta fumbled a lot his defensive pressure was very good and we need that against the cats

In: Mcveigh, Skipworth (if dempsey is injured)
Out: NLM, Dempsey (only if he is injured)

Dempsey is a massive loss for us, his skill poise and run out of defense is great, rarely ever does he fumble coming out of defense..

Only really one change and that is forced,

OUTS: Nathan Lovett-Murray (suspended)

INS: Hayden Skipworth

Skippy will be able to play a very similar role to that of NLM, if Dempsey is injured then I would not hesitate in a heartbeat to bring in our prized recruit.

Mcveigh from all reports could use another week or two in the magoos and same goes for Laycock, cant wait to see something resembling our best 22 in the coming weeks.

And all the Dyson knockers out their, get lost, his place is not under pressure, just in case people forgot he was one of the few players to actually stick his head into a pack and try and get the pill, his run and carry in the second half was good and really helped us get on top of them. According to the herald sun he accumulated over 500meters with his run, carry and kicking, he had 10 contested posessions from his 22. So he will be a big factor for us this week I would assume. Drop Monfries before Dyson, god he gives me the irrits :mad:

McPhee injured? Got a source?
he did his ankle during the match ... and played out the game which meant he's only aggravated the strain further.

possibly out for a week along with dempsey.
In: McVeigh, Reimers, Skipworth
Out: NLM, Dempsey, Jetta
this sounds about right

ppl should stop expecting prismall to come in ... he's not ready and won't be for another 1-2 weeks.

Has been reported on the EFC website that McVeigh and Skippy are in contention this week and Prismall will not be considered yet.

Skippy's more likely, a full preseason & only four games out he would be first in line. He also played well at Bendigo in the best as usual.

I'd probably give Mcveigh another week to build more match fitness, apparently he barely touched the ball at Bendigo.

Can't see any more changes now unless Dempsey or Mcphee are out due to injuries.

he did his ankle during the match ... and played out the game which meant he's only aggravated the strain further.

possibly out for a week along with dempsey.

this sounds about right

ppl should stop expecting prismall to come in ... he's not ready and won't be for another 1-2 weeks.

And yet Reimers is?
McPhee will play 100% believe me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back