Preview Changes vs Giants RD 24 - Huge game @ Mars Stadium - Sun 25 Aug 12:30

Remove this Banner Ad

They should be the ones planning for how they are going to stop Richards...

Nick Daicos went to Dayne Zorko with great impact last weekend. I’m not saying play a hard tag, but we need to give them something to think about and create some confusion. If Daniels is allowed to waltz freely, they will likely win imo.

We do have a rivalry with GWS but it’s not as intense as it used to be. Most of the flogs from the Giants have moved on and we’ve even got one of them playing for us 🙂. I don’t know why Lewis even mentioned Hogan as part of it, he’s not.

Or maybe it’s just how I see them these days.

60% chance of no rain with strongest winds between 1.00 and 4.00 pm. So, relying on the BOM we kick into the wind first quarter if we win the toss.

Detailed weather report Ballarat Sunday 25th August

Rainfall

From1:00 AM4:00 AM7:00 AM10:00 AM1:00 PM4:00 PM7:00 PM10:00 PM
50% chance of more than (mm)
25% chance of more than (mm)
10% chance of more than (mm)
Chance of any rain10%20%20%30%40%40%20%20%

t1:00 AM4:00 AM7:00 AM10:00 AM1:00 PM4:00 PM7:00 PM10:00 PM
Wind speed km/h
knots
Wind directionNNNNNWNNWNNWNNWNW

We continue to lose '1st hands' to the opposition while at the same time beating them in clearances, meaning our defence around stoppages is working at least.

I suspect it is about quality of clearance and avoiding turnovers after stoppage. We presumably believe that we get a cleaner exit from stoppage and are more likely to retain possession if we strip the opposition after first possession, rather than try and go from first possession to clearance.

I think it’s related that English’s ruck hardball gets (grabbing the ball out of the ruck) number, which was already low compared to other first rucks in years gone by, is even lower again this year. We saw Lobb get a clearance at the start of the game on the weekend by hacking a kick out of the middle that went straight to North and then immediately went the other way (he didn’t grab it out of the ruck, he won the ball at ground level). We seem intent on avoiding those sorts of turnovers from stoppages.

We do have a rivalry with GWS but it’s not as intense as it used to be. Most of the flogs from the Giants have moved on and we’ve even got one of them playing for us 🙂. I don’t know why Lewis even mentioned Hogan as part of it, he’s not.

Or maybe it’s just how I see them these days.

Their handful of supporters are still very much in their feelings about us though. Their preview thread is very funny.

We continue to lose '1st hands' to the opposition while at the same time beating them in clearances, meaning our defence around stoppages is working at least.

Yeah it seems what's happening is that the opponent gets first touch and a pressured disposal to the outside but we're set up to kill it or pressure the next link.

Agree with most, Harmes for West. Would like Macrae in the starting line up. He seems in good form, I thought the game before being "managed" he was quite good, and he's dominated VFL (different beast I know). I'd put Vandermeer as sub, but that's highly unlikely.

60% chance of no rain with strongest winds between 1.00 and 4.00 pm. So, relying on the BOM we kick into the wind first quarter if we win the toss.

Rainfall

Wind speed km/h
knots
Shouldn't we ask Terry Wheeler for his input on this?

What is it with Sydney teams and their obsession the dogs get favoured by the umps against their team. Sydney always complain before the game and now GWS are up to it. Saying they need to beat the dogs and umps. Hope they are right and we get an armchair ride off the umps but cannot see it happening.
It's the narrative.

Forget the fact we are well down the bottom half of the freekick ladder. In the bottom 6 I believe.

What is it with Sydney teams and their obsession the dogs get favoured by the umps against their team. Sydney always complain before the game and now GWS are up to it. Saying they need to beat the dogs and umps. Hope they are right and we get an armchair ride off the umps but cannot see it happening.

Because they get annoyed when the ref gives us more opportunities to score tries and favours us in golden point time...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those odds genuinely baffle me. The Giants are 2nd on the ladder and have won 5 in a row.

This is at best a 50/50 game.

Yes, agree silly odds the complicating factor I see is if the cats pass them on percentage after beating the eagles by about 50 points plus. By winning they are risking playing Port in Adelaide if Port win the later game. By losing they lock in a home state final against the swans. Yes, they could play Port at home if they win and Port lose as opposed to a locked in final against the swans where they would start favourites. This is more enticing than a road trip to Adelaide where they start outsiders even though they did beat them last year in a final in Adelaide.

Yes, agree silly odds the complicating factor I see is if the cats pass them on percentage after beating the eagles by about 50 points plus. By winning they are risking playing Port in Adelaide if Port win the later game. By losing they lock in a home state final against the swans. Yes, they could play Port at home if they win and Port lose as opposed to a locked in final against the swans where they would start favourites. This is more enticing than a road trip to Adelaide where they start outsiders even though they did beat them last year in a final in Adelaide.

It’ll be raining, and Dogs play their best footy in the rain.

Are you telling us the Plastics might just want to roll over and lose so they get the Swans at home?

Where's the fun in that?

A large portion of people in Sydney that say they follow the Swans or Giants are like a large portion of people in Melbourne that say they follow the Storm. They don't really understand the league and rules of the team they say they follow.

Rainfall

Wind speed km/h
knots
Always take the advantage while your fresh wind direction can change. Try and put a margin on straight up. Don't give them an opportunity to forge to a big early lead IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Giants RD 24 - Huge game @ Mars Stadium - Sun 25 Aug 12:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back